DayZ Epoch Loot spawn/chance increase (More better loot)

Sinner

Question

Hello everybody.

I started my own server a few days ago and I was messing around and trying stuff out. As I was exploring the server out I noticed that even though it is Epoch it does not give you better and faster spawning loot. So i am looking for help guys. Could anyone of you give me a tutorial on how to increase my loot and bake it better ?

Also I didn't find any topic about it so sorry for making another one.

Thank you for help in advance :)

Regards.

11 answers to this question

now in faster better loot do you guys mean a better chance of valuable loot spawning? or the time of loot re spawning after taken? well with the second option in your init.sqf add

DZE_LootSpawnTimer = 5;   // in minutes

which i believe is the timer on when loot repawns, for the fist option you will need to add custom loot tables download the defaults ones here https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/tree/master/SQF/dayz_code/Configs/CfgLoot  

Make a new folder in your mission file called "loottables" and place those 4 files in here

now open description.ext and add these lines just after the line that contains: "enableItemsDropping = 0;"

#include "loottables\CfgBuildingLoot.hpp"

add

DZE_MissionLootTable = true;

to your init.sqf near the "// DayZ Epoch config" section

now to make loot spawn more often just go into the CFGBuildingloot.hpp and for example the second structure says: class castle: Default {

below that you will see loot chance 0.2 well that means you have a 20% chance a item will spawn if you change that to something higher say 0.6 you will get alot more items spawning in. also you can change the 0.1's to something such as 0.5 on the items in this file and also the cfgloot.hpp file

One last question regarding the spawn timer (your example of 5 minutes). Is that 5 minutes from the time that a player leaves a certain radius, x, or from the time a player enters the radius, or picks up the weapon/item, etc? Or, assuming it is from the time that the weapon is spawned, will the old items disappear and the new ones spawn in? I know this is a really in-depth question that I'm sure only a few know; I'm just curious how it all works out.

Thanks,

CJR

On 9/21/2014 at 1:30 PM, Corper said:

now in faster better loot do you guys mean a better chance of valuable loot spawning? or the time of loot re spawning after taken? well with the second option in your init.sqf add

DZE_LootSpawnTimer = 5;   // in minutes

which i believe is the timer on when loot repawns, for the fist option you will need to add custom loot tables download the defaults ones here https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/tree/master/SQF/dayz_code/Configs/CfgLoot  

Make a new folder in your mission file called "loottables" and place those 4 files in here

now open description.ext and add these lines just after the line that contains: "enableItemsDropping = 0;"

#include "loottables\CfgBuildingLoot.hpp"

add

DZE_MissionLootTable = true;

to your init.sqf near the "// DayZ Epoch config" section

now to make loot spawn more often just go into the CFGBuildingloot.hpp and for example the second structure says: class castle: Default {

below that you will see loot chance 0.2 well that means you have a 20% chance a item will spawn if you change that to something higher say 0.6 you will get alot more items spawning in. also you can change the 0.1's to something such as 0.5 on the items in this file and also the cfgloot.hpp file

Does this method still work?

Doesn't seem to work for me.