No public release of DayZ Aftermath server files

MGT

You would really spill it already over to this forum.. My thoughts of you were a lot higher Dave...

Whilst the aftermath team have made a decision I do not 100% agree upon I can see both sides of the argument and back the decisions made. 

They are not the second coming of Gamers Platoon.. and would appreciate it if you did not spread propaganda around.

Cheers,

Mr B

Have you ever donated to the epoch cause? Is it fair for everyone in the DayZ ecosystem to make a couple of quid except the mod creators?

I know your making money Dave... I know Vilayer/Vert hosting are making money, server admins can easily make money and im pretty sure Epoch is costing AWOL money...

See what im getting at... Not really fair is it, creating code for DayZ is a long process and ALOT of man hours go into development.

I'm not talking about the money lol :) But seeing as you brought it up, all of our donations go back into the server costs/ddos protection etc.

It's about the non release of files to server owners. Until the server files are out in the wild they cannot be properly tested/debugged for errors. My reference to GP was they were always saying they're going to release them but didn't, and Rossymond also said the files would be released and has now backtracked. His choice yes, and I can see for the hive situation - needed.

You do know people will crack those server files right?

Lets not start calling people out. Stay on topic.

I don't see a problem with them holding onto files because it means they can keep a streamlined vision of the game and wont be running into servers that have been modded so much you wouldn't even want to call it Aftermath. 

And about the donations thing, even I donate to Epoch. It doesn't matter if you do or don't. What matters is that you support the mod in the best way you can.

Most of us on this forum are server owners and don't have the time to play. I played the pre release Aftermath and whilst it was ok, it was nothing special imo except a few new buildings.

If it doesn't have support from server owners then it won't be properly debugged on large traffic/capacity servers and will be slow to be updated, buggy to update, just like Origins.

They are not the second coming of Gamers Platoon.. and would appreciate it if you did not spread propaganda around.

What they've done by saying all along that the server files would be released then not releasing except to Villayer is exactly the same as what GP did, it's BS and you know it.

Aren't the server files Arma, so come under the BIS agreement that they must be 'open source' ?

I remember a very long thread on opendayz.net discussing this about origins. The way I read that was anything that wasn't created from the officially released sample material, textures enhanced models etc., was subject to their licence ?

Not that it matters, forcing the exclusion of community input is always going to end in the failure of any community based project, the clue is in the name.

Not sure I want to get involved but am very curious to understand where we all stand as developers. Have always seen it as doing it because I love to code for games and seeing something I have created in a game gives me a buzz. If I had to rely on it to feed the family we would be very hungry..