WAI 2.1.4--Adding custom gun drops in boxes

CJR

Question

Does anyone have a tutorial for adding custom gun spawns to the boxes that spawn in the WAI 2.1.4 Hero and Bandit missions?

I've found where it calls the boxes, in config.sqf at line 148:

"

// Dynamic box array
crates_large = ["USVehicleBox","RUVehicleBox","TKVehicleBox_EP1"];
"

But I cannot seem to find where the boxes are so that I may modify them with my own weapons. I currently have a working Overpoch trader in and can buy all the guns--like the Cheytec, M110, ACRs, etc--but I cannot seem to get them to spawn in my missions. 

I have already conversed with Vert Hosting Customer Support about this, and they too, do not seem to know how to do it with WAI version 2.1.4. I've also done a quick search around the forums, but to no avail.

Anything helps!

Thanks a ton,
CJR 

9 answers to this question

in the WAI config.sqf you have this

// Dynamic box array
		crates_large			= ["USVehicleBox","RUVehicleBox","TKVehicleBox_EP1"];
		crates_medium			= ["USBasicWeaponsBox","RUBasicWeaponsBox","USSpecialWeaponsBox","USSpecialWeapons_EP1","RUSpecialWeaponsBox","SpecialWeaponsBox","TKSpecialWeapons_EP1","CZBasicWeapons_EP1","UNBasicWeapons_EP1"];
		crates_small			= ["GuerillaCacheBox","RULaunchersBox","RUBasicAmmunitionBox","RUOrdnanceBox","USBasicAmmunitionBox","USLaunchersBox","USOrdnanceBox","USOrdnanceBox_EP1","USLaunchers_EP1","USBasicWeapons_EP1","USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1","UNBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1","TKOrdnanceBox_EP1","TKLaunchers_EP1","TKBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1","GuerillaCacheBox_EP1","GERBasicWeapons_EP1"];

crate_weapons_buildables	= [["ChainSaw","ItemJerryMixed"],["ChainSawB","ItemJerryMixed"],["ChainSawG","ItemJerryMixed"],["ChainSawP","ItemJerryMixed"],["ChainSawR","ItemJerryMixed"]];

crate_tools			= ["ItemKeyKit","Binocular","Binocular_Vector","ItemCompass","ItemCrowbar","ItemEtool","ItemFishingPole","ItemFlashlightRed","ItemGPS","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemKnife","ItemMachete","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemToolbox","NVGoggles"];
		crate_tools_buildable		= ["ItemToolbox","ItemEtool","ItemCrowbar","ItemKnife"];
		crate_tools_sniper		= ["ItemCompass","Binocular","Binocular_Vector","NVGoggles","ItemGPS"];

crate_items			= ["FoodNutmix","FoodPistachio","FoodMRE","ItemSodaOrangeSherbet","ItemSodaRbull","ItemSodaR4z0r","ItemSodaMdew","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemBandage","ItemSodaCoke","FoodbaconCooked","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanFrankBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanSardines","FoodchickenCooked","FoodmuttonCooked","FoodrabbitCooked","ItemTroutCooked","ItemTunaCooked","ItemSeaBassCooked","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemHeatPack","ItemMorphine","ItemGoldBar","ItemGoldBar10oz","CinderBlocks","ItemCanvas","ItemComboLock","ItemLightBulb","ItemLockbox","ItemSandbag","ItemTankTrap","ItemWire","MortarBucket","PartEngine","PartFueltank","PartGeneric","PartGlass","PartPlankPack","PartVRotor","PartWheel","PartWoodPile"];
		crate_items_high_value		= ["ItemBriefcase100oz","ItemVault","30m_plot_kit","ItemHotwireKit"];
		crate_items_food		= ["ItemWaterbottle","FoodNutmix","FoodPistachio","FoodMRE","ItemSodaOrangeSherbet","ItemSodaRbull","ItemSodaR4z0r","ItemSodaMdew","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaCoke","FoodbaconCooked","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanFrankBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanSardines","FoodchickenCooked","FoodmuttonCooked","FoodrabbitCooked","ItemTroutCooked","ItemTunaCooked","ItemSeaBassCooked"];
		crate_items_buildables		= ["forest_large_net_kit","cinder_garage_kit",["PartPlywoodPack",5],"ItemSandbagExLarge5X","park_bench_kit","ItemComboLock",["CinderBlocks",10],"ItemCanvas","ItemComboLock",["ItemLightBulb",5],"ItemLockbox",["ItemSandbag",10],["ItemTankTrap",10],["ItemWire",10],["MortarBucket",10],["PartPlankPack",5],"PartWoodPile"];
		crate_items_vehicle_repair	= ["PartEngine","PartFueltank","PartGeneric","PartGlass","PartVRotor","PartWheel"];
		crate_items_medical		= ["ItemWaterbottle","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemHeatPack","ItemMorphine","ItemBandage","FoodCanFrankBeans","FoodCanPasta"];
		crate_items_chainbullets	= ["2000Rnd_762x51_M134","200Rnd_762x51_M240","100Rnd_127x99_M2","150Rnd_127x107_DSHKM"];
		crate_items_sniper		= [["ItemPainkiller",5],"Skin_Sniper1_DZ","Skin_CZ_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ","Skin_GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ"];
		crate_items_president		= ["ItemDocument","ItemGoldBar10oz"];

then take out or just add, the classnames of your weapons to which type of mission you want them at (which are the green parts)

I'm sorry, it's not highlighted in green for me; but I assume that you are talking about the specific items--like the bandages, food, etc.

Would I add the guns into the "crate_items_sniper" array, or is that purely for mag slot items and not for guns?

I would ttest it out, but I'm not at my PC right now, and won't be for a bit.

Thank you so much for your help!

-CJR

ok, my custom crate example (its the middle line) this is the config.sqf     the one above and below are default in the file.

crate_items_president	= ["ItemDocument","ItemGoldBar10oz"];
crate_custom = ["AK_107_kobra","Winchester1866","revolver_EP1"];
crate_backpacks_all =["DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1","DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1","DZ_Czech_Vest_Puch","DZ_TerminalPack_EP1","DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1","DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1","DZ_CompactPack_EP1","DZ_British_ACU","DZ_GunBag_EP1","DZ_CivilBackpack_EP1","DZ_Backpack_EP1","DZ_LargeGunBag_EP1"];

now go into a mission such as missions/bandit/hero_base.sqf

you will find this at the bottom

] call mission_winorfail;

if(_complete) then {
        [_crate,[16,ai_wep_sniper],[8,crate_tools_sniper],[3,crate_items_high_value],[4,crate_backpacks_large]] call dynamic_crate;
    };

where it says

[16,ai_wep_sniper],[8,crate_tools_sniper],[3,crate_items_high_value],[4,crate_backpacks_large]]

is where you can add/change to your custom crate name the numbers are the chances of the crate spawning, in this case i only want my custom crate to spawn

crate_custom

so it now looks like

if(_complete) then {
        [_crate[crate_custom]] call dynamic_crate;
    };

I see. Thanks so much! I'll give that a shot when I get home tonight! 

One last question. So, if I wanted, say, 3 types of crates; could I do:

crate_custom1, crate_custom2, and crate_custom3

Then do:

if(_complete) then {
[_crate[crate_custom1],[crate_custom2],[crate_custom3]] call dynamic_crate;
};

BUT, how would l make it random? Would I make it: "[crate_custom1, .3]" for a 30% chance?

Also, is the numbers before, like the 16 in "[16,ai_wep_sniper]", how many class names that it will pull from the crate? 

Thanks a ton!

CJR

yep you can make as many crates as you like and call them what ever, just make sure theyre in the right section and the match up in the missions crate spawn part.

im not certain on the number before the crates, it may well mean the amount it spawns from the crates.

To make it random like you said the variable must be before the crate (such as the default)

if(_complete) then {
        [_crate,[6,custom_crate],[8,custom_crate1],[3,custom_crate2],[4,custom_crate3]] call dynamic_crate;
    };

or to make it spawn all and the full contents

if(_complete) then {
        [_crate,[custom_crate],[custom_crate1],[custom_crate2],[custom_crate3]] call dynamic_crate;
    };

in the WAI config.sqf you have this

// Dynamic box array
		crates_large			= ["USVehicleBox","RUVehicleBox","TKVehicleBox_EP1"];
		crates_medium			= ["USBasicWeaponsBox","RUBasicWeaponsBox","USSpecialWeaponsBox","USSpecialWeapons_EP1","RUSpecialWeaponsBox","SpecialWeaponsBox","TKSpecialWeapons_EP1","CZBasicWeapons_EP1","UNBasicWeapons_EP1"];
		crates_small			= ["GuerillaCacheBox","RULaunchersBox","RUBasicAmmunitionBox","RUOrdnanceBox","USBasicAmmunitionBox","USLaunchersBox","USOrdnanceBox","USOrdnanceBox_EP1","USLaunchers_EP1","USBasicWeapons_EP1","USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1","UNBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1","TKOrdnanceBox_EP1","TKLaunchers_EP1","TKBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1","GuerillaCacheBox_EP1","GERBasicWeapons_EP1"];

crate_weapons_buildables	= [["ChainSaw","ItemJerryMixed"],["ChainSawB","ItemJerryMixed"],["ChainSawG","ItemJerryMixed"],["ChainSawP","ItemJerryMixed"],["ChainSawR","ItemJerryMixed"]];

crate_tools			= ["ItemKeyKit","Binocular","Binocular_Vector","ItemCompass","ItemCrowbar","ItemEtool","ItemFishingPole","ItemFlashlightRed","ItemGPS","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemKnife","ItemMachete","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemToolbox","NVGoggles"];
		crate_tools_buildable		= ["ItemToolbox","ItemEtool","ItemCrowbar","ItemKnife"];
		crate_tools_sniper		= ["ItemCompass","Binocular","Binocular_Vector","NVGoggles","ItemGPS"];

crate_items			= ["FoodNutmix","FoodPistachio","FoodMRE","ItemSodaOrangeSherbet","ItemSodaRbull","ItemSodaR4z0r","ItemSodaMdew","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemBandage","ItemSodaCoke","FoodbaconCooked","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanFrankBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanSardines","FoodchickenCooked","FoodmuttonCooked","FoodrabbitCooked","ItemTroutCooked","ItemTunaCooked","ItemSeaBassCooked","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemHeatPack","ItemMorphine","ItemGoldBar","ItemGoldBar10oz","CinderBlocks","ItemCanvas","ItemComboLock","ItemLightBulb","ItemLockbox","ItemSandbag","ItemTankTrap","ItemWire","MortarBucket","PartEngine","PartFueltank","PartGeneric","PartGlass","PartPlankPack","PartVRotor","PartWheel","PartWoodPile"];
		crate_items_high_value		= ["ItemBriefcase100oz","ItemVault","30m_plot_kit","ItemHotwireKit"];
		crate_items_food		= ["ItemWaterbottle","FoodNutmix","FoodPistachio","FoodMRE","ItemSodaOrangeSherbet","ItemSodaRbull","ItemSodaR4z0r","ItemSodaMdew","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaCoke","FoodbaconCooked","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanFrankBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanSardines","FoodchickenCooked","FoodmuttonCooked","FoodrabbitCooked","ItemTroutCooked","ItemTunaCooked","ItemSeaBassCooked"];
		crate_items_buildables		= ["forest_large_net_kit","cinder_garage_kit",["PartPlywoodPack",5],"ItemSandbagExLarge5X","park_bench_kit","ItemComboLock",["CinderBlocks",10],"ItemCanvas","ItemComboLock",["ItemLightBulb",5],"ItemLockbox",["ItemSandbag",10],["ItemTankTrap",10],["ItemWire",10],["MortarBucket",10],["PartPlankPack",5],"PartWoodPile"];
		crate_items_vehicle_repair	= ["PartEngine","PartFueltank","PartGeneric","PartGlass","PartVRotor","PartWheel"];
		crate_items_medical		= ["ItemWaterbottle","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemHeatPack","ItemMorphine","ItemBandage","FoodCanFrankBeans","FoodCanPasta"];
		crate_items_chainbullets	= ["2000Rnd_762x51_M134","200Rnd_762x51_M240","100Rnd_127x99_M2","150Rnd_127x107_DSHKM"];
		crate_items_sniper		= [["ItemPainkiller",5],"Skin_Sniper1_DZ","Skin_CZ_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ","Skin_GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ"];
		crate_items_president		= ["ItemDocument","ItemGoldBar10oz"];

then take out or just add, the classnames of your weapons to which type of mission you want them at (which are the green parts)

i tried to do this before and the missions just never spawned. it seems like everytime i edit the smallest thing, even if it's 1 item, the mission system breaks and doesn't spawn.

ok, my custom crate example (its the middle line) this is the config.sqf     the one above and below are default in the file.

crate_items_president	= ["ItemDocument","ItemGoldBar10oz"];
crate_custom = ["AK_107_kobra","Winchester1866","revolver_EP1"];
crate_backpacks_all =["DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1","DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1","DZ_Czech_Vest_Puch","DZ_TerminalPack_EP1","DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1","DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1","DZ_CompactPack_EP1","DZ_British_ACU","DZ_GunBag_EP1","DZ_CivilBackpack_EP1","DZ_Backpack_EP1","DZ_LargeGunBag_EP1"];

now go into a mission such as missions/bandit/hero_base.sqf

you will find this at the bottom

if(_complete) then {
        [_crate,[16,ai_wep_sniper],[8,crate_tools_sniper],[3,crate_items_high_value],[4,crate_backpacks_large]] call dynamic_crate;
    };

where it says

[16,ai_wep_sniper],[8,crate_tools_sniper],[3,crate_items_high_value],[4,crate_backpacks_large]]

is where you can add/change to your custom crate name the numbers are the chances of the crate spawning, in this case i only want my custom crate to spawn

crate_custom

so it now looks like

if(_complete) then {
        [_crate[crate_custom]] call dynamic_crate;
    };

also tried this, same thing :( help please

I was about to make a thread about this...

So I want to make specific Items spawn 100% of the time at all missions. IN my config I have added:

// Dynamic box array
		crate_custom				= [["ItemBriefcase100oz",4],"AK_107_kobra","Winchester1866","revolver_EP1"];

So I want 4 briefs + the weapons.

then in the missions I have

if(_complete) then {
		[_crate,0,0,[25,crate_items_chainbullets],2,[crate_custom]] call dynamic_crate;
	};

or

if(_complete) then {
		[_crate,[2,crate_weapons_buildables],[4,crate_tools_buildable],[30,crate_items_buildables],4,[crate_custom]] call dynamic_crate;
	};

Does this look correct? as it does not seem to work.

Also what are the numbers that show after [_crate, ? Eg- [_crate,0,0,

Cheers