New to making DayZ servers n such. How do I add addons?

NinjaRun09

Question

Hello everyone! I'm kinda stupid and can't figure out how to add addons to my server. I got Xampp and Navicat all set up, but I'm just wondering where I put them. I'm kinda lazy so I'll just C&P what I wrote on the DayZ subreddit (nohelpatallthere),

"Hey-oooo. I've recently been wanting to make my own Epoch server, and I have. Its fine and all, but I want to add stuff to it. Stuff like thisthis, and this (I know that the civi pack already has SOME vehicles in it, as I wish to add all vehicles from the pack.)

Thing is.... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING. If anyone could type out or point me to a step by step guide, I would love you forever(fullhomo). I would also wish to add firestations and barracks n such, which I am assuming I need a World editor like the MAP editorupgrade, which I yet again have no idea to use."

I'm kinda hopeless and I apologize for that. If someone could just tell me the basics of adding stuff and editing the map, "I would love you forever(fullhomo)".

6 answers to this question

You can add addons like these. But: Every player that wants to join your server, need the files (addons) too. (Cars n stuff, not for SARGE AI) There is no automatic download, every player needs to download your stuff for playing on your server. If you still interested pm me and we can figure it out.

You can add addons like these. But: Every player that wants to join your server, need the files (addons) too. There is no automatic download, every player needs to download your stuff for playing on your server. If you still interested pm me and we can figure it out.

Really? I saw a reddit post with a custom car in it, I think it was for Origins though. So could I at least get custom scripts and AI? Like Safezone God mode, Missions, Bandit AI, and Barracks in Elektro?

Yea, AI is possible without players have to download the addons. (My server runs it)
You can modify your map in your way. You can add a new line in your database "object_data" and just change the worldspace (coordinates) and the classname from the object. Thats the way how I did it.
I saw a tutorial a few days ago where you can add buildungs in your 3D World editor of Arma 2 OA but I lost it. :/