Error with traders? - TRADE: Trade Request by ClientID:

PetuniaEpoch

Question

Hi all.

So I seem to have an issue with traders (1.0.2.3).

I can't get the menu on scroll wheel.

I'm running with a few mods, but NOT a serverpack or anything, just a vanilla install with the following added one at a time:

• Using the NEW style traders (could this be related?)
  • DZAI (server side AI)
  • Busroute (in mission.pbo)
  • Mission System (server side & mission.pbo)
  • Remote messages (Maca Server side & Mission.pbo))
  • Admin tools (Blue Pheonix, in mission.pbo)
  • Auto Fuel (via KH actions - mission.pbo)

I have added an extra trader in, but tested after that, and was working! I used a model that isn't used anymore (old trader one), tied them into the right tid's etc - all worked fine.

Basically the traders DID work - then suddenly stopped, without any changes having been made ot the code! - So I suspect it's an intermittent fault :(

Once or twice I had to right-click zoom in on the traders to make them work, but not that has no effect.

RPT message I suspect may be related:

9:13:33 "TRADE: Trade Request by ClientID: 5 Character: [Name Redacted] REMOTE TraderID: 5390 BuyOrSell: 0"

Similar threads with no answer to speak of:

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/269-arma2oaserverrpt-messages/ From June

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1447-error-in-expression-with-trade-request/ From this month

Any help would be great :) Anyone have ideas?

EDIT: Oddily though...  when I try to trade, and check the RPT file, I don't get that error...

Could it be that someone did manage to trade, and that message I quoted above is normal? As when I try to trade (get no scroll option) , I don't get the rpt comment :S

EDIT 2: Okay - so I delete my characters data from character_data and also player_data - Went to re-test, and once I zoom in on a trader, it works! Odd... I don't think this is a 'solution'; as such, but maybe it helps to bugfix? Seems like my guy wasn't synced properly or something?  He also couldn't scoll wheel on vehicles that are locked - Sounds odd I know, bu tdynamic spawned vehicles = fine, locked ones - NO scroll option other than geart! - I mean, no locked message etc...

After deleting all his character and player data & respawning, all was fine!

Anyone have ideas?

4 answers to this question

the traders holding weapons do not work with DZAI. swap them out with character models not holding weapons and they will work fine.

i have done this on a small scale and it seems to fix it. however, converting all the traders is a bit of a head ache.

basically you need to swap out the traders in the(missionpbo) "server_traders" file and then in the "mission"(the largest one) file. the trick is matching up the new models with the corresponding locations for that particular traders. Its a confusing process. im working on it now. maybe if i finish before somebody else does it. ill post a fix. 

However it would be nice if there was an easier fix.

EDIT: it seems that it is only the character models that DZAI uses that are not working as traders.

Disregard my previous. The models do not matter. It is the players humanity, and it is very random when it does and does not work. for me, the hero and bandit traders work fine with their respective humanity, but the neutral traders dont work. however, if i change those traders to friendly, and set my humanity to approximately 5000ish, they will all work. this is working on my server, but players have to gain +humanity. i have set the AI kills to gain 15 humanity.