Protection at Traders

olliepack

I really think this needs to be added. The only time I've been killed playing Epoch is by the traders....by someone who is sitting there waiting for someone to show up. To me, this isnt PVP....just shows a lack of skill.

Hope this doesn't come across as being a bad loser.....just a bit fed up of gearing up all the time. I really want to start testing the build system, but seem to get shot every time I get close to being in a position to do that. 

+1, agree. Going to traders further away is the best way to trade/sell your gear.

One thing that would be cool is if there were AI guards or AI that would spawn and attack anyone shooting in a "safe trade area" up to a 100 meters or so. That way it would be away to protect those that are just trying to trade. Plus it would be cool to come into a trader area and see some bandit battling AI and assist the AI ;-).

Make it so those that try and camp have larger area that they must avoid or be attacked by guards. It would help solve the problem and add to game play. Hopefully this idea is explained well enough.

there are multiple problems with just going to further traders...  1, they don't have shit 2, they really aren't that far cause at the moment the traders are always clustered around the center of the map, some places having 2 traders in the same dam building....    you never find traders anywhere on the west coast or east coast areas... 

it just needs to be like a2, you get within 200-300 meters of the traders you are now in a safe zone and can not take damages from weapons...     cause as its been mentioned there are just to many people who just camp traders and shoot people while theyre in trading menus and cant defend themselves.....  takes no skill to shoot someone while theyre in their backpack...  several have been reported for this and little is being done despite the devs saying you can lose your whitelisting for it... 

if we get in a firefight and you kill me then bravo, but you shooting me while im standing at a trader in a menu prompt makes you a lame lazy noob camper with no skill AT ALL

the issue does need addressed in some form or another

So half the map need some safezone. Wait til server files come out open your own server and put them in. Safezone traders are dumb anyway and the ones that are in should be removed and spawns randomized in general. If you don't want to die you can buy a server eventually and put a password on so you can play alone.

And the traders are player driven so people need to sell it for it to be available.

These ideas just add to trolling and crying because next you'll cry someone shot you as you left the traderzone. And there should be a rule against that.

So half the map need some safezone. Wait til server files come out open your own server and put them in.

Because if you knew what you were talking about and paid attention to the dev streams you'd know that once they start allowing people to host they are going to have to follow some rules and guidelines.... one of which was they cant change anything for one year....  it has to remain basically vanilla....

They will have to file an application for hosting, if accepted they will have to sign an agreement with such rules and more and if they are caught breaking this agreement they will be removed from whitelisting and further actions taken if necessary.   This is straight from the devs.

We are adding a means to punish killing traders, now if this extends into an AI guard remains to be seen. Am tempted to add the retaliation for killing a player mid trade or within the traders place of work.

Ultimately the idea is that the trader is calling in help as he is laying on the floor bleeding out, he would certainly call in that help if someone shot one of his customers infront of him.

Because if you knew what you were talking about and paid attention to the dev streams you'd know that once they start allowing people to host they are going to have to follow some rules and guidelines.... one of which was they cant change anything for one year....  it has to remain basically vanilla....

They will have to file an application for hosting, if accepted they will have to sign an agreement with such rules and more and if they are caught breaking this agreement they will be removed from whitelisting and further actions taken if necessary.   This is straight from the devs.

Sorry I have a job so I don't have time to watch streams. If little whiny people like you get their way and it's completely boring, then I won't be playing or hosting epoch. Safezones are a hassle, and all you end up with is people like you complaining you got killed outside of one. Scout your location before you go into a trader. I've been killed plenty of times trading, and you know what? Big Deal. Kill them if they shoot at you, don't make it a carebear game because you are afraid of dying, that's just pathetic. 

A small (50m?) protection around these spawn points would be nice.  Ran into two people doing it today on ATL01 right outside middle trader (south of airfield).  Went to log out near the water 10-15m from trader and was killed.  Time was roughly 19:15 GMT (1:15pm CDT) 

First screenshot shows the guy on the rocks behind trader with a second on my body looting it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=316494567

After respawning, SOT Envee has now looted the bodies and kills both of us again.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=316494590

Envee still camping near the trader, killed dajacob again.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=316494622

Sorta comical that I ran around all morning in big gunfights at the airfield, only to die to a bunch of clowns camping a trader.  :lol:

It really is a problem, people have nothing to lose, they can always respawn, grab something and then do it again without any negative effects in the future.

As DayZ:Epoch showed - safe zones are going to be considered by the biggest amount of private server hosters by the time - for a very good reason.

If you asume most players will do roleplay and  take part in a story, then you are wrong ... I for myself can also take part while being in a safe zone :)

Sorry I have a job so I don't have time to watch streams. If little whiny people like you get their way and it's completely boring, then I won't be playing or hosting epoch. Safezones are a hassle, and all you end up with is people like you complaining you got killed outside of one. Scout your location before you go into a trader. I've been killed plenty of times trading, and you know what? Big Deal. Kill them if they shoot at you, don't make it a carebear game because you are afraid of dying, that's just pathetic. 

call it whatever you want...but its a rule the devs have put in place....  no camping spawns or traders to kill people who are unarmed or in menus and cant defend....   what part of that do you not fully understand??    and apparantly its enough of a problem people are posting (or crying as you put it) enough that it needs addressed....  

hey Joe, post that comment and links you made in a thread all its own so the devs can see...  thanks for the screenies

We are adding a means to punish killing traders, now if this extends into an AI guard remains to be seen. Am tempted to add the retaliation for killing a player mid trade or within the traders place of work.

Ultimately the idea is that the trader is calling in help as he is laying on the floor bleeding out, he would certainly call in that help if someone shot one of his customers infront of him.

now if im heading into this black dot trader to trade or pick some one up and i see a armed guy leaving and he is  out side the safe zone can i pop him  .

cause as its been mentioned there are just to many people who just camp traders and shoot people while theyre in trading menus and cant defend themselves.....  takes no skill to shoot someone while theyre in their backpack...  several have been reported for this and little is being done despite the devs saying you can lose your whitelisting for it... 

if we get in a firefight and you kill me then bravo, but you shooting me while im standing at a trader in a menu prompt makes you a lame lazy noob camper with no skill AT ALL

the issue does need addressed in some form or another

no only the spawn traders arent meant to be camped you can do what ever you like at the brown ones. i found what the empty jars are for, there for collecting casual's tears.

We had a popular DayZ Epoch server with safe zone around the trader, but the ppl camped outside the zones and killed the other players. The only good think is, that you can stay close to the trader and you can trade without fear to be killed. But I don't like safe zones on normal trader here on Arma 3 Epoch, cause there are enough traders around the map, it should not be to easy to trade.

But for the three spawn areas, I guess there would help a safe Zone (weappon disabled), but with a radius with 500m, with that huge radius, you got enough posibillities to get out of that zone,so it will not be that easy for a spawn camper to kill you. There is at lease one problem, ppl will park theire vehicles in that zone, to avoid that, there must be somethink taht ppl can not park theire cars there for more then x minutes, after x minutes the vehicle should be automatically open, or something else.

Or without safe zones, let the player spawn randomly in a area around the chosen place, let us say 1-1.5km radius, so if you then go to the trader, then it is your problem ;). I prefer that idea.

Kind Regards,

Nasdero

Adding safe zones is never the answer. Either whitelist the server (when private ones go up), ban trader-campers or just accept there are always idiots online and make it your mission to smash them in the gonads again & again. A real life harsh environment like this, you'd get some pricks doing exactly the same. Games are easier already then real life so stop whining for extra help and just take the flouride victims down.

Cars left in trader areas should never be safe. Auto-unlock at server restart.

I've always hated safe zones.  Anything that causes players to group up to survive is a good thing for the game imho.  Just like irl, if you're going to be anti-social or just a d-bag, you're not going to do well in society. =P

Guards would probably be a bad idea.  I can just see all kinds of problems coming from that, and way too much work.

Not sure if this could be worked in some way..  Add infamy score to players, if they kill within certain distance from protected trader, score goes up or they get flagged.  I'm sure players could be marked on map, not sure if you could add some kind of esp marker or something similar to group marker to give their location away.  Multiple people on server hunt down the little asswipe.

Of course, that wouldn't help the person that lost their stuff much, unless those who hunted said douchebag were actual heroes(like people that actually act like heroes) and protect the gear for the guy that was killed.  It would give someone a reason to be a hero/good samaritan though, which is much needed in Epoch.

We don't need more AI, we need players who police!!  Just because it's vanilla Epoch doesn't mean you can't RP!  Why do all the groupies have to be obnoxious jerks?  It's still early in the game though, once we get more vehicles and such, it would be easier to police.