[VIDEO TUTORIAL] Epoch Linux Server 1.0.5.1 - Video Series

jahangir13

Hi all,

for those of you who like to know/understand step-by-step how to download all needed files for a Epoch 1.0.5.1 Linux Server to the server directly (and where to get them), you can have a look at the following video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvVGNCRG1z8

regards,
jahan

Gender Selection Screen / Play as a Zombie (as a side effect normal custom player loadout in misions init.sqf works and needs to be used)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTaQyqdRDcQ

Please let me know if it works for you and if there are any issues (and of course questions if any).

• 2 months later...

If followed your Gender selection and play zombie video.

I get gender selection now when a character dies but im also getting

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: called with 9 bind variables when 8 are needed at ./writer.pl line 535, <STDIN> line 1085

in my dump.log after a player death.

Line 535 is 

$res = $sth->execute ($playerId, $serverId, $worldSpace, $inventory, $backpack, $medical, $generation, $humanity, $infected);

What are the lines before this line you posted. I guess that the execute wants to enter 9 values into the table row...but the table has not been extended? Is there a column Infected in the Character_DATA table?

Are there '?' question marks) in the query. Maybe post a bit more code around this line.

And do you have this column at the end of Character_DATA:

http://s18.postimg.org/wci9g3vmh/image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What are the lines before this line you posted. I guess that the execute wants to enter 9 values into the table row...but the table has not been extended? Is there a column Infected in the Character_DATA table?

Are there '?' question marks) in the query. Maybe post a bit more code around this line.

And do you have this column at the end of Character_DATA:

http://s18.postimg.org/wci9g3vmh/image.jpg

Seems to have been a fat finger mistake on my part.  I copied your files from the video links and it works just fine!! 

on that note thank you for the time you took to do this for the community!!

@LunchboxCharlie: where do you want/need text directions? For the last video?

Normally I always include a file, a script or point to my homepage with text for easier copying always in the video description).

But that does not mean that there could be something missing. If you let me know, I will have a look.

@LunchboxCharlie: where do you want/need text directions? For the last video?

Normally I always include a file, a script or point to my homepage with text for easier copying always in the video description).

But that does not mean that there could be something missing. If you let me know, I will have a look.

Oh my apologies. I didn't see it at first. I'm sorry and thank you.

I am having an issue.. maybe you can help. I used your tutorial to set up the epoch server, which worked fine, however, I am having trouble opening ports to connect to steam. 

I changed both the ports to wild numbers (Shouldn't matter what values the ports are as long as they aren't in use):

steamport = 8197;
steamqueryport = 27103;

server    17851   root  215u  IPv4 869540099      0t0  UDP *:2304
server    17851   root  217u  IPv4 869540107      0t0  UDP *:2302

I'm at a loss, it's not opening the ports at all, just those two ports... Just the game port and port 2304 which I don't know why that's happening either... also, I normally don't run in root but I was troubleshooting the issue. I don't have a firewall. 

Don't run the server as root!

Have a look here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

At the bottom of the page are some hints for the ports. To be honest, I think I cannot help much here. I donÄr know if these ports are showing up in netstat all the time.

I mean what is not working? In other posts they already said that DayzCommander is not working very well at the moment and that a lot of people now are using Dayz Launcher.

http://dayzlauncher.com/

My server was showing up there after some hours. But it is also showing up in Dayz Commander, but sometimes ok, sometimes not. Ping and players are normally showing up correctly...but my test server is not showing up there for whatever reason.

Per default these are in <server>/expansion/battleye/

There also the beserver.so needs to be placed. You can add the filter.txts and be config to another folder and set it in the start file epoch.sh with -bepath= ... but the beserver.so needs to stay in expansion/battleye.

• 3 months later...

If followed your Gender selection and play zombie video.

I get gender selection now when a character dies but im also getting

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: called with 9 bind variables when 8 are needed at ./writer.pl line 535, <STDIN> line 1085

in my dump.log after a player death.

Line 535 is 

$res = $sth->execute ($playerId, $serverId, $worldSpace, $inventory, $backpack, $medical, $generation, $humanity, $infected);

I got the same proble3m, i done the same changes in all the files like in the Video #4

and I also updated my Character_DATA.

Now when i try to use YOUR linked writer-pl from the video get and Error:

./epoch.sh: ./writer.pl: /usr/bin/perl^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I got my Epoch-Server in /home/steam/epoch_napf/epochserver

before I tried your writer.pl i could join and got Charakter-selection, but the character didn't get saved (on every join i had to select a new char)

Now with Your writer.pl i can't even start the Server please help me!! :(

I got the same proble3m, i done the same changes in all the files like in the Video #4

and I also updated my Character_DATA.

Now when i try to use YOUR linked writer-pl from the video get and Error:

./epoch.sh: ./writer.pl: /usr/bin/perl^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I got my Epoch-Server in /home/steam/epoch_napf/epochserver

before I tried your writer.pl i could join and got Charakter-selection, but the character didn't get saved (on every join i had to select a new char)

Now with Your writer.pl i can't even start the Server please help me!! :(

That error is due to Microsoft not saving the file correctly 

If I remember correctly you can type this in VIM so open file and then press ESC and type the below :) 

:set fileformat=unix

Thanks it worked!

for any1 else got the same problem:

vim writer.pl

2x ESC // to enable commandline from vim
:set fileformat=unix 
:wq  // to save the changes and close vim

now it works perfekt you are aweome! (Y)

Well even if it not belongs to the topic, how can i set a daily restart-job, that the serevr restart automaticlay if it crashes and to serval time f.e. 6,12,18,14 h each day?

Well I still got some Problems:

I can't find the Server, neater in Steam (In-game, nor in DayZ-Launcher or DayZ-Commander.

when i check the opened Ports I see, that the Steamports are not opened + I get the error in the log, that the gamemaster server doesn't answer.

I searched for the reportingIP in all server files and only in your binary "server" and in the server.cfg it is used. could it be there is a bug with the regestrating of the server at steam?

Found the solution: its because your server binary is outdatet I'm now using the original epoch from densio and the steam ports get opened.