Humanity Doubling - Help Needed

ReDBaroN

Question

Since 105 or 1051 (since 105 was only around for a day before 1051 came out...) I have had strange goings on with humanity.

Sometimes and for some players, not all, it randomly doubles either each time they relog or at server restart. I haven't been able to pin it down more than that. The problem last month was quite rare so, I didn't bother with it after a quick google didn't find anything. However, over the last 2-3 weeks it has developed into a more serious problem. It seems to be happening to some players, not all and the same players. It can happen 3-4 times a day for some players and has resulted in them having humanity in the +/- millions.

I have googled around again and can't see anything posted....?

I have tried the obvious and systematically turned off and on all additional scripts/changes for the last month and haven't been able to narrow it down to any of them either. We are a pretty loaded server with all the usual popular scripts: DZ Group Management, Enhanced Spawn Selection, infiSTAR, Logistics, WAI, EMS, infiSTAR SafeZones to name a few...

The server is high population and a managed virtual server so, unfortunately I don't have the luxury of a dev server to test with and have to be careful with what I'm doing with the live based on the population.

Is anyone else seeing this problem at all on their server?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks 

hmm still having the problem tonight , thought it was fixed :/ using 335B (which runs really sweet) , i havent changed any of my scripts if a few weeks only thing that has changed is the version of Ah - duno whats up and infistar is always very helpful and fast when ive had any problems (thnx infistar :) ) Im running Autorefuel, R3F lift & tow, Snap Building Pro, Recover Skin, DZMS missions, Sefl Bloodbag and custom humanity loadouts - if you need any of my server code to check out let me no

Thanks for sending 335B over Chris, have loaded it up tonight. Will monitor and feedback how that goes.

The only new mods added in the last month are:

• DZGM (DayZ Group Management)
  • Animated Air Crashes
  • Welcome Credits
  • Logistics (in place of R3F Arty)

Updates:

• infiSTAR
  • Build Snap Pro
  • ESS (Enhanced Spawn Selection) but with class and donator stuff turned off - Just spawn selection used)
  • DZGM

These are the only things in range of this when it developed into the big problem it is now but, as I said before I had received one or two claims of this since upgrading to 105.

One thing to add to this, sometimes player names in the database are changed to 'Error'. They then seem to change back. Not sure if is when players relog but, it does seem to be familiar names popping up that it's happening to. Those players, while called Error in the player_data table, have their correct names show in-game. Could this have something to do with it....?

Unless anyone can think of a faster way of trying to resolve this, I'm going to try running with 335B first and see how that goes, then switch each one of the above off in turn and see if it stops....

However, as I mentioned above I only have the live server, am high population and have lots of real life stuff, so probably each step every 24 hours...again unless someone has any better ideas....?

Just had this reported to me as well.  I looked at the logs and didn't see anything that jumped out at me.  It doesn't appear that anyone on my admin team is messing with anyone.  

Server is running on a dedi box hosted with Server Mania, running Windows Server 2008 Enterprise

Epoch Version: 1.0.5.1

Overwatch Version:  1.025

Arma 2 OA Version:  125548

Scripts:

Infistar AH 335

WAI

DZGM

Zabns Take Clothes

Logistics Tow and Lift

Generic Safe Zones

MV-22 and Armored SUV animations

Lots of building addons

I also have been noticing this o have players humanities go from normal to outrageous amounts

Scripts running

Infistar ah

Coin currencies

Dzgm

Ess spawn

Animated crashes

Wai

Toolbox bikes

Dzai

Only happens to players never admin when it does happen

It has happened to one of my admins.

I have a feeling it might be DZAI.. I wasn't having issues with humanity until i added that.. not sure coincidence or something.. ugh.. back to square one. Ill update you guys when i test all my scripts..one .. by .. one.

Hi, definitely not DZAI as I don't have that loaded

Can everyone with the problem look back to my post with mods listed and reply with which ones from my list you are also using.

Thanks!

So far in my tests all I have done is:
Updated to AH335B - Still doubling
Edited all players with 6 figure humanity to -/+10k - Still doubling

Reading the threads above we seem to have narrowed this down to one of two mods or both these mods conflicting:
DZGM
infiSTAR

I have discounted WAI for the time being as even though the 3 of us who have posted so far are all running it, I have had this running since March this year with no issues.

xtr3m3 can u post your mods so we can compare. Anything added over the last month is all we need atm.

Can anyone please post if they are having this problem and don't have either of these mods installed. 

Thanks.

I dont have DZGM and humanity still doubles on my server, some players have 60million plus now (though i edited these down), i havent updated any of my scripts in a few weeks and all was ok until last 2 antihack updates. (though infistar quickly gave me updates thnx) Weither this had anything to do with it at all i dont no but its all ive really done to the server in a few weeks

Cen.. 

It is not a problem caused by the AH.

It may have been caused by the interaction between the AH with other addons / changes in the mod. When I've been told about this happening, I fired up my test-server with the most recent version that I've had just been working on and I could not reproduce that error/problem at all.

So far in my tests all I have done is:

Updated to AH335B - Still doubling

Edited all players with 6 figure humanity to -/+10k - Still doubling

Reading the threads above we seem to have narrowed this down to one of two mods or both these mods conflicting:

DZGM

infiSTAR

I have discounted WAI for the time being as even though the 3 of us who have posted so far are all running it, I have had this running since March this year with no issues.

xtr3m3 can u post your mods so we can compare. Anything added over the last month is all we need atm.

Can anyone please post if they are having this problem and don't have either of these mods installed. 

Thanks.

I dont have DZGM and humanity still doubles on my server, some players have 60million plus now (though i edited these down), i havent updated any of my scripts in a few weeks and all was ok until last 2 antihack updates. (though infistar quickly gave me updates thnx) Weither this had anything to do with it at all i dont no but its all ive really done to the server in a few weeks

Chris, based on these updates above do you think you could have another test with AH?

Chris, based on these updates above do you think you could have another test with AH?

I just updated to the most recent Infistar...like literally just now (thanks chris!) Ill run it on a fresh vanilla server and have some of my players test it, with just Infistar installed. Keep ya posted.

I just updated to the most recent Infistar...like literally just now (thanks chris!) Ill run it on a fresh vanilla server and have some of my players test it, with just Infistar installed. Keep ya posted.

Good stuff, I got it too, thanks Chris.

Chris, have you changed anything in this latest AH that you think might address or help this issue?

Hrmm I only started getting this problem after I did that fix to stop people from rollbacking after changing clothes

If you mean f3cuk's fix, I had to roll that back anyway as some players including me couldn't get in at all afterwards. We kept being logged as seagull kicks (createvehicle #0) and it would crash the player's game client. I have posted some replies to that thread and sent client & server rpts but, haven't had a response.

However, based on that, I don't think this is to do with that fix as I'm not running it.