Which Server Host to Pick?

Mastodon

We moved from dayzst to Vilayer a couple of months ago thinking it couldn't possibly get worse. Boy was I wrong. If you rent from them do yourself a favour and never let them touch anything on your server, we have had every problem imaginable. Had a stable pop of 30+ at any time of day before we moved to vilayer and now because of the constant down time (5/7 days a week server is down due to an unlimited amount of excuses relating to the data centre they use).

I have even had the support staff ask me why I chose one of the oldest and slowest severs on the network ( I must have missed the part where they advertised "this is our oldest and slowest server!"). The only answer they really have to all the issues I've had is handing out free months rent over and over, but a free server isn't worth shit when it's empty.......

Honestly, and I truly mean this, save yourself a bunch of drama, bite the financial bullet and go dedicated, it's the only way.

I started with Dayz.st and hated them, no support at all. Vilayers services are alright. Their support staff can take up to 24-48 hours to respond to you. For me that's just unacceptable! Also when you do get a reply it's so vague and unhelpful. If you reply to their email, guess what.... your ticket goes to the bottom of the pile again and u have to wait another 24 hours. Also we got a lot of desync and red chains from them.

We have switched to Vert, and so far they have been amazing. They are based out of New Zeland. Once it's regualr working hours there, they reply to your ticket within minutes and won't abandon you until it's solved. Go with Vert, they are having a sale on DayZ servers right now!

Hello there, we went from a hosted DayZ Server to a Dedi a few weeks back with Vilayer, yes they can be slow, yes things can go wrong.  But once we got overall control of what went on the box, happy days as they say.

Avoid DayZ-ST like the plauge ( utter rubbish), as Tricks said and he has a very good point. We thought about the pro and cons for a while before taking the jump over to a Dedi-Setup.

It's a matter of budget. Not everyone can afford a dedicated or even want to spend that much on a server.

Hmm some people say vilayer are crap whilst some people reckon they're top notch lol

Welcome to the world of Internet wisdom. ;)

Not the answers, the question is a failure. Every Server-admin will talk about his experiences, in the end you will know nothing.

We tried 3 hoster in the last year, none was "good" or "professionell".

pretty expensive when you loot at the quality of service you get with Vert. also gotta laugh when they say competitors charge for TCadmin

Ye I noticed the whole tcadmin thing.

but you never know, they could have decent customer service.

I just wanted to add them to the discussion as they are new