Cops arrest "Dayz" player on live steam

TNT

Alexander Wachs, who produces video game-themed content under the moniker Whiteboy7thst, was arrested Aug. 17. So apparently some one called the swat team on him while he was on twitch and the whole things on video , i guess he got arrested for having a shit load of pot at his house not for the whole prank swat call thing.

heres the story 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/plainfield/ct-swatting-video-games-met-20140912-story.html#page=1

Side note this is y i dont play "Dayz" =P

spell check steam to stream =P

Haven't you heard of this Fad? Its called swatting, the guy who was responsible for a lot of its rise in the twitch/streaming community actually just got recently raided by swat members who have placed him under charges pending for minor terrorist offenses or some shit like that. I am not American nor do I know what those charges would literally be called! Please excuse my lack of verbatim.

EDIT - it sucks buddy is getting in trouble for the green :(

Those who are doing it are getting prosecuted. I was reading an article which listed how one kid who "swatted" someone broke down and cried like a baby as a federal judge handed him 25 years to life. I guess he "swatted" himself, and now his parents and family have to deal with a kid going to jail, and all of the heartache that entails, and the person who he also got sent to jail for a minor offense (i.e. Owning a substance that is not harmful and is legal in several states).

15 Year Old Who “SWATTED” Gamer Convicted Of Domestic Terrorism; 25 Years To Life In Federal Prison

In a Louisiana courtroom today, 15-year-old Paul Horner broke down in tears after a judge found the young man guilty on two counts of domestic terrorism and was sentenced to twenty-five years to life in federal prison.  [...] Defense lawyers told the courtroom that Horner, who goes by the gamertag BadAssDwg69, was upset after being repeatedly beaten by a fellow gamer at Battlefield 4. After obtaining the rival gamers information, prosecutors say Horner called police and reported a murder/hostage situation at the home. SWAT team then raided the house, shooting and critically injuring the “Livestreamer’s” father in the process. [...]  Following an investigation of the incident, Horner was charged as an adult, using provisions of the 2001 Patriot Act. Horner’s guilty charge stems from two counts of domestic terrorism, related to his manipulation of an enforcement response, and injuries to innocents resulting from those actions.

[...]

Horner, described as affecting a brash, “hardcore” persona while online was anything but throughout the trial. At multiple times Horner broke down into fits of sobbing hysteria and calls to his mother, to the point that the presiding Judge, Arthur Digsby, was forced to have him removed. Hearing the sentence of 25 years to life, Horner began sobbing. Judge Digsby told Horner that though he felt bad for the youth, he was ultimately responsible for his own actions.

Ah the youth of today, in my day we just knocked on peoples doors and ran away :lol:

As much as i feel sorry for the poor kid in jail until he's at least 40 yrs old :o he did a really stupid thing and someone got critically injured, hopefully other kids will learn from this.

Meh...I really only feel bad for the kid who got in trouble for the green in his own home...

IMO the kid who was responsible for this swatting thing mainly im glad he got tried as an adult... I had to learn at a pretty darn young age put rather simply.

Actions = consequence, so make sure your actions are justified!

PR stunt and this is just getting him what he wants

At multiple times Horner broke down into fits of sobbing hysteria and calls to his mother, to the point that the presiding Judge, Arthur Digsby, was forced to have him removed. Hearing the sentence of 25 years to life, Horner began sobbing.

Iunno about a 25 to life publicity stunt ... I mean you think if he wanted to get 25 to life he would have done something more notable if it were a publicity stunt.

I personally think this Horner guy thought he was being a funny shit, pulling those swat pranks and now hes paying the biggest price by having his life taken from him for 25 years at the very least!

A lot of publicity stunts crash and burn under the weight of their unintended consequences. Most are poorly-conceived, half baked ideas that probably sound so edgy in the board room but don’t exactly pan out in real life. Everyone remembers the famous Oprah car giveaway, where every member of the audience walked out with a brand new car and a hefty hidden income tax. But quick quiz: what kind of cars were they? What company made them? Did you ever think twice about maybe going out and buying one?

Of course not, because Oprah realized that everyone would remember that Oprah gave out free cars, not that those cars were actually Pontiacs donated by GM. So now while this publicity stunt is widely considered to have been a stroke of genius that elevated Oprah to Deity status, Pontiac recently went out of business. It didn’t help that, at the time, the Pontiacs given out on the show weren’t even available for purchase.

The above is an example of a PR stunt that did not pan out as expected, I highly doubt the swatting thing could fall into the same category!

It would not take a half a brain to figure out doing something like this would result in consequence... Horner probably did not expect to get tried as an adult, but im sure he would have realized some form of punishment to be incured if/when he was caught! I assume he did not realize that messing with a state agency such as a SWAT team would lead to far greater consequences than expected. I again highly doubt he thought this was great for a PR stunt and could possibly milk the fame. Lets be real guys Opera and the car giveaway example is quite in fact a stunt burned into the books. This kids swat pranks on the other hand...probs going to be 97% forgotten about by the majority of online communities in, o i don't know ....less than 4 - 6 months

EDIT - Should have used the martha stuert goes to jail stunt as the example....She made more money after going to jail than she did in her entire career f.y.i ....That was a well thought out PR stunt which resulted in her arrest. Keep in mind the jail she stayed in is literally nicer than my summer cottage up north on the lake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYVVJywU20&feature=youtu.be&t=37s

He wasn't sentenced for swatting. He got 25 to life for killing his 23 month old baby. 

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/15-year-old-swatting-prison-sentence-hoax/ the story was completely fake regarding "swatting".

Please do some research.

Wow, thanks for setting me straight :) Goes to show that not checking multiple sources is worthwhile, particularly with reports like these.