Improved vanilla ARMA2 maps - how?

Kisvakond

Hello all,

When I re-started playing Dayz Epoch lately (I run a local dev server and started to do mod development), I've noticed that the Chernarus map has some buildings made enterable, others like the hospital, was fully implemented inside. That made me wonder.

How were these modifications made? Did they come with the base ARMA2 OA game via steam update?

There are still lots of building which are 'closed'. Is there a legal/technical way for the community to contribute to 'opening up' the vanilla maps? Is there any tutorials about this?

I've seen some Chernarus maps with HD textures, winter conversions etc. Is there a way for a server to use (-> require) such maps?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best Regards

Kisvakond

Cherno/Sauerland is best map but like you say %of builds unopened, Killhouses arnt on the map as default :(. download lingor and/or sahrani (same as making overpoch) for more buildings and add cstom buildings through the editorand upload to your server for more fun  (other goodies too) others will need your addition addons to reduce errors

EpoGorLsk=Epoch+Lingor+Namalsk sounds cool with bloodsuckers in there with zeds as epoch needs a fright

Honestly, my favorite is the Chernarus map.

Despite short, but massive spikes in popularity with my Tavi and Lingor servers

(which always seem to coincide with psi and frankie releasing videos set on those maps)

The players always come back to chernarus. 

Tavi may be my personal favourite map (well second fave to Deck 16/17 in UT) 

but chernarus just feels like home. always good to come back to.