[Release]CraftInShed

Barra81

Do you ever want to use a greater inventory for example in a shed, safe or even a truck/car to craft your buildables ?

Here is the solution CraftInShed.

With this mod admins are able to allow/disallow items with inventoryspace for crafting, also admins are able to allow/disallow craftable objects for crafting in a shed (or similiar).

How to use/what it does :

When a player has the inventory/gear menu open in for example a shed and he want to craft plywood, he took one woodplank item in his inventory rightclick it and choose craft plywood,

the menu will close and the crafting process will start and show you how many items are crafted till now, how many items are left and the approximated time (in mins/secs) left to finish the whole craft process (based on max possible amount and/or space in shed).

It is interruptable at every time, the mats to craft and the crafted items are stored in the shed you use.

The mod is tested over a longer period on our customserver and should work fine, but Im sure YOU will find the one or other minor bug ;)

For admins pls look at line 55-66 for customization. ( The briefcases and weapons [sledgehammer] are disallowed cause of bugs, use at your own risk, backpacks are currently not supported for craftingIn)

I will not have much time to support you, so maybe someone wants to hop in and took the supportersrole, Im thinking of Jossy, as he is doing just fine with cKc ;)

Installation is really easy :

CraftInShed

copy the included player_craftItem.sqf to yourmission.pbo

in yourmission.pbo

open your compiles.sqf

and find :

player_craftItem = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers

then :

change the path of the player_craftItem.sqf to the location of the new one IN yourmission.pbo

CraftInShed.zip

this allows admin to set the cargo capacity of buildables ??

no, its to let the code know, how much max capacity the shed or safe etc. has. (which you want to craft in)

there is an automated variant for it, but Im running into problems with it, so the admins must pls enter the maxcapacity amount manually.

This value will NOT change the real amount of slots in a "container"!

I don't really understand what this does.. any could explain better please? Looks cool tho.

Basically I think it gets the object you're looking and and let's you craft with the items that are in the shed, so it's basically an extended inventory. If you right click something and click craft it will continuously do it and take parts out of the object you were/are looking at. This is what I picked up from what he said, may not be 100%.

Basically I think it gets the object you're looking and and let's you craft with the items that are in the shed, so it's basically an extended inventory. If you right click something and click craft it will continuously do it and take parts out of the object you were/are looking at. This is what I picked up from what he said, may not be 100%.

exactly, thank you ;)

I haven't tested the script yet, but the idea is really good!

Does this bypass the need for fire and/or workbench when you craft bigger things? And if not does it still support it? I mean can you build a storeageunit (e.g a safe) and place a workbench and a fire right next to it and then craft everything? (Except metalfloors of course hence the sledgehammer bug).

Thank you for your efforts.

Does this bypass the need for fire and/or workbench when you craft bigger things? And if not does it still support it? I mean can you build a storeageunit (e.g a safe) and place a workbench and a fire right next to it and then craft everything? (Except metalfloors of course hence the sledgehammer bug).

from what I have Crafted, it did require the workbench near

there are still the workbench and fire requirements and you can craft metal floors too but you cant craft a sledgehammer because of some duping bugs.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...