HFBservers.com Any good? My opinon: NO!

Ephox

I recently bought a server from HFB, it took 20hrs from purchase until i got the server. I wanted a dayz epoch server, so i made the mod Epoch but the mod was only 1.0.1.4 which is really bad. I am not sure how to add a custom mod, but then if i do i loose BEC extended control. The #adminlogin does not work, i set the vehicle spawn to 500 but only found 1 vehicle so far. Spent an hour looking with that car and nothing else. Can anyone help me with my problems? I'd rather not switch but at this moment there doesn't seem anything else left to do.

we have a HFB server and it is patched up to  1.0.2.2. problem is that it went down yesterday morning and is still down. no answer to support tickets :(

I put up a support ticket yesterday, about 2hrs ago, still no response. How did you patch it up to 1.0.2.2? 

And have you tried reinstalling old version of epoch and see if it starts then?

Control panel, Game services, update. 

The control panel servers were hit by DDoS attacks recently. All passwords worked for me, you have to set your admin password yourself.  

Epoch populates cars dynamically so they will be near roads and buildings. Vehicle do not spawn in 500 at a time, they come in over restarts which is when it checks for objects and determines how many are in game. You don't need to spend hours looking for a car, simply check your database to see how many and where they are. 

Control panel, Game services, update. 

The control panel servers were hit by DDoS attacks recently. All passwords worked for me, you have to set your admin password yourself.  

Epoch populates cars dynamically so they will be near roads and buildings. Vehicle do not spawn in 500 at a time, they come in over restarts which is when it checks for objects and determines how many are in game. You don't need to spend hours looking for a car, simply check your database to see how many and where they are. 

Thanks, didnt know this! But is there any ingame control? like survivalservers has an ingame "cheat menu"

So there were issues with the control panel and they have had another DDOS attack.. Seems to be more of a 'common issue' with game server hosts, I am curious why someone would DDOS a game server.

Regardless, Survivor King, do you have any access to your server ? I can ping your server, using the IP in your signature, and it is accepting RDP connections..

So there were issues with the control panel and they have had another DDOS attack.. Seems to be more of a 'common issue' with game server hosts, I am curious why someone would DDOS a game server.

Regardless, Survivor King, do you have any access to your server ? I can ping your server, using the IP in your signature, and it is accepting RDP connections..

No access whatsoever, no control panel, no support, server shutdown 5 minutes after i lost control over control panel. I have had alot more issues than that.

I cant connect, just says waiting for host. it's like it is stuck in an infinite restart loop.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update a little on HFB, I would not recommend them to anyone. Since the server migration which they did without warning other than a "yeah we will be doing it sometime in the next 14 days" the performance of the server dropped markedly with only a few players on and a very small objects list. 

Added to this every time you open a support ticket it gets deleted usually with a totally lame and implausible excuse on the explanation. Then you have the DDOS attacks, which are frequent and target the Control Panel and bring it down, sometimes for hours at a time. 

I am thinking of moving to Vilayer since they also host Arma 3 servers, but I have a feeling it will be the same with them, and any other resellers, which I presume is all they are. So I guess I need to go to the source and learn how to manage one properly!  :P