What OS is your dedi running?

Markokil321

Hello,

Just a quick question for dedicated server owners that host DayZ off the machines. What Operating System do you have your Dedicated running?

I used to use "Windows Server 2008 R2", but changed over to "Windows Server 2012 R2" at the start of 2014.

I ask because i am experiencing many problems when it comes to lag/desync when i have more than 45 players online:

Server scripts are all tested and working - ran through everything this should not be causing problems.

Server has plenty of resources and bandwidth to use, configs/db set up correctly.

Any Basic.cfg changes i make have little or no effect on performance, and it is driving me crazy.

This is running 2012 R2, i cannot remember what it used to run like back in 2013 whilst on 2008 R2. I have been told by some people that Windows server 2012 is not good for hosting Arma servers and it is probably causing the problems, anyone know about this or can confirm?

Please share any information or experiences you have had with dayz and windows server 2008 / 2012.

Thanks  :)

I'd like to comment that 2012 runs anyhing 10x better. If you are running 1 or 2 servers I suggest you disable hyperthreading. Something that can greatly increase your server performance. Also desync can be caused by script errors that you may not be even seeing in your RPT log but you could go ahead and maybe find them in your Client RPT log.