Started hosting with Vilayer when I left SurvivalServers (I am dumb and need help)

aairez

Question

Hello anyone that reads this,

I just started hosting with Vilayer and am having one hell of a time getting my scripts running with VIlayer. I've literally went back and re-researched all the scripts I had and their installation instructions. After doing so, any modifications I happen to make to the overpoch_taviana mission folder on Vilayers customcode folder path, I get hang ups with trying to authenticate with the server, or better yet, sits on waiting for host. If I modify anything on the dayz_overpoch folder for the server files, everything works fine, authentication and playability on the server works with no problems. The WAI, DayZAI, EMS, and Infistar Antihack work correctly after I installed them, just dont know why making any sort of modifications to the init and description files in the root of the mission folder cause the server to have a stroke.

I have had at least some experience with SurvivalServers before the link to the database broke and they refused to give me service. Vilayer has been very attentive to my needs thus far.

Any help would be amazing because I am just sitting here with my thumb up my ass feeling like a moron for not understanding why things do not work.

2 answers to this question

I like vilayer.

as above poster they run their PBO's unpacked way you can edit on the go. & when you start server it packs them into a PBO for server to use hence the more time to restart.

It's honestly best way i have seen a server let you script.

oh ya FileZila is a must use program for vilayer. you can drag entire server out & edit on desktop.

but just FYI only add scripts 1 by 1 way you know what fucked up.