Dedicated Database Question

Nakama Mind

Question

If I were to set up multiple dedicated servers what would I set the hivext.ini port to if I am only using one mysql service?

[Database]
;Currently, only MySQL is supported
Type = MySQL
;Hostname or IP of the server to connect to
Host = localhost
;Port to connect to. The default is the default listening port of a server of the selected Type
;Instead of specifying Port, you can specify Socket and set Value to the socket name
Port = 3306
;Database name to connect to.
Database = test_server
;Username to connect with
Username = root
;Password to authenticate with (default is blank)
Password = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Would I leave it the same as my other server (3306) or would I need to run another mysql service with a different port?

I have read to just create another database for the second/third/fourth server and edit the hivext and config... I am confused as to how this would work only running one mysql service.

Any help is appreciated!

4 answers to this question

Hey, you use same port and host, simply create separate instances (see epoch server files for instance examples) in separate folders each one with their own hive.ini files (naming of folders do not matter, simply adjust your .bat files to the new paths and you are good to go)

Then simply rename database fields in each one of these hive.ini files, rest of info is the same, so:

//server 1 - \Instance_Server1\hive.ini
Database = test_server1

//server 2 - \Instance_Server2\hive.ini
Database = test_server2

//server 3 - \Instance_Server3\hive.ini
Database = test_server3

//server 4 - \Instance_Server4\hive.ini
Database = test_server4

Now login to your phpmyadmin (or any other tool you use to connect) and create these databases, then simply import SQL files provided with Epoch server for each individually.

Thank you for the help! I have another question what would I set the steam query port to in the config? Would I just pick a port to use I.e 3335 or still use the same 3306 port to connect to ?

3306... being

steamPort = 3304;
steamQueryPort = 3305;

I am unsure how to have my servers use different ports if I am setting the hivext to use the same for all of them. Sorry for the confusion.