Disable "Open Backpack" option

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno about disabling the use of backpacks but theres a ANTI-theft script somewhere in EPOCH forums..

if I can remember where it is, is a different matter though

It achieves the same result so whatever prevents someone from taking stuff from your backpack within the safezone is what I would like to achieve.

The anti theft script stops you from using any gear menu while in the trade zone, ie if someone drops the contents of their backpack on the ground to buy a new backpack, they won't then be able to pick their items back up. This also goes for any vehicles inside the trade zone, the gear menus cannot be accessed from outside the vehicle The main problem though IMO is that the gear menu can be brute forced pretty easily, this is the main reason I added then removed the anti theft script.

Yes, that's what I was getting at. I said, if you wanted to make it a server wide feature (i.e have it on all the time, not just in camps).. The code sample above actually does tie in with the !canbuild.  The other comment was a side thing, maybe you missed my point ? 

Gear was droppt can*t looted anymore with "alive player variable"!  :rolleyes:

Hey Cryten, can you expand on that please. What do you mean by Gear dropped can't loot anymore. The code sample I gave was just my idea of what might be possible, if it actually works I'd be as surprised as anyone else.  It needs a code guru to look at the idea and see if it fits with where my logic is going :D

Can confirm that my revised script works with protected zones. On my server I tested it and If you dropped your bag or someone else dropped their bag on the floor, you could still open it, but if you tried to access their gear, it refused.Have only been able to test it with AI and dead zeds at the moment, hope someone can test it with live players for me .

Can confirm that my revised script works with protected zones. On my server I tested it and If you dropped your bag or someone else dropped their bag on the floor, you could still open it, but if you tried to access their gear, it refused.  I had to use a terminate script command when players left the zone (I called the script from the trigger itself) or it kept working and wouldn't let them loot dead Ai's or dead zeds.  Anyway, maybe someone can take it from here.  As I've had no real responses to my initial efforts I'll assume nobody is interested in using it any more.  

I'm interested, but without more detailed directions, I wouldn't be able to use your script.

Sorry, I meant that I hadn't tried it with the { !canbuild } setting because there is nobody on my server to test it with. The script as it is now, should work inside trader cities and deactivate when you leave them.  As soon as someone tests it for me and confirms it works I'll edit that post out, for now though I'm just letting people know exactly how I got it to work for me.