My server is missing "deleted content." Please help. Thanks

Duffman

Question

Issue:

I've setup my sever, database, etc and I go to run my server. The ArmaII OA server window pops up and all looks well. When I go to check DayZCommander (to test via 127.0.0.1:2302/localhost or use another computer on the same network) I see that the server is down (red and 0/0 and 10000 ping). However if I try to connect to it, I do. But when I finish loading the EPOCH screen I get an error saying "~can't play this because it is dependent on deleted content. m113, pook, jetski and some other guys" and it kicks me out. All the while I can see, via the Arma II OA server window, that I connected and requested data from the server and that I "disconnected" on my own.

My Question:

What am I doing wrong? I've got all of these files in the @DayZ_Epoch folder. My guess was for some reason when the server tries to address the pook.pbo (or whatever the file is) file requests it can't find them but I have no clue why.

Other side notes:

I am running this on a dedicated server (running windows server 2012 r2 [can downgrade to 2008 if needed]). Can I do this or is there an issue I don't know about? Am I required to run win7, 8, or linux?

router is already setup with port forwarding (plus I can connect to the server so I know that is not the issue)

firewalls are set off current (no issue there)

machine: lenovo thinkserver, Xeon e-1225v3, 16gb ram, 256 ssd (nothing else running on it at the moment) => no hardware limit that could be the cause.

*if you need more info I'd be happy to give it but I figured I'd keep this sort...er*

Thanks guys/galls

8 answers to this question

I uploaded each as text files. Figured I would upload my config and ask while I'm here (read about it in other places): Is there an additional steam port that I need to setup due to the issues/shutdown of battle eye? Also I read somewhere that you should change the beta arma part of  the startup file to just arma2oaserver.exe. I've done this (as shown) but either way the issues still preside.

config.txt

RPT.txt

startup.txt

UPDATE: I am still looking at a red 0/0 and 10000 ping on the server however when I highlight over it DayZCommander is registering it as a normal DayZ server not a DayZ Epoch server. As such it is looking in the @dayZ addon folder on my other PC... as you can imagine this means I don't have close to half the right files in that folder. I will update further (for future people that have this issue)

EDIT

Also anyone know how to fix that 0/0 red stuff, it comes up in arma 0/20 players but dayZ commander doesn't like it. Do I have to link this to steam through those ports?

Okay, I'm looking through everything but can't seem to find whatever it is that I'm looking for. Does anyone know how DayZ Commander detects what game type the server is? is there a setting in the config files? (I deleted mine and replaced them with the defaults but this did nothing, still registering as a Dayz server)

Got it

okay lets start with DZ commander. it seems like the main list (so that means your server) will only update once every 6-36 hours as sources say). This means that if you change something (which I did) and DZ sweeps around it's going could pick up on it [this is a theory] should it's next update cycle come through. To work around this setup your steamport and steamqueryport so that you can work through the arma II multiplayer menu (I think you need those).

next the files. Because DZ commander thinks the server is a dayZ server it is loading from the @DayZ addon not the @DayZ_Epoch folder... THIS DONT WORK YO! The way around this is to look at DZ commander epoch list, find an epoch server (or overpoch) and join, when your screen goes black hit esc. this will bring you to arma II menu with Epoch enabled. go to multiplayer > remote > type in LAN 192.168.1.### port 2302 (usually). >> for internet type your ip then the port > hit ok and you should see it. connect and do your things.

I think that covers everything but I'm too lazy to proof read, message me if I forgot something and I'll try to get back to you.