[HELP] Loot not spawning

Jawsh

Question

Needing help with loot spawning.

I added in some field hospitals and barracks, but no loot is spawning in them what so ever.

Not sure on how to get loot to spawn in them.

Any help would be much appreciated as i'm trying to get my server up and going as soon as possible, but trying to work all the kinks out before hand.

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

I did it by going into the arma editor, adding the buildings, then saving it.
Went into the mission.sqf it saved then unpacked my mission.pbo and added it into my mission.sqf for my server, then repacked.

Was told that was the way for Epoch, seeing as how it doesn't have the same database tables as regular dayz.

Check your class names.. map items replace Land_ with Map_.

These are the ones i have added and barracks is Map_ and still not spawning loot.

_vehicle_2 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["MAP_Mil_Barracks_i", [6363.8994, 2399.0403, -0.22371726], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_2 = _this;
  _this setDir 570.58765;
  _this setPos [6363.8994, 2399.0403, -0.22371726];
};

_vehicle_5 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["TK_WarfareBBarracks_Base_EP1", [6348.501, 2384.1326, -7.6293945e-006], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_5 = _this;
  _this setPos [6348.501, 2384.1326, -7.6293945e-006];
};

_vehicle_6 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["US_WarfareBBarracks_Base_EP1", [6201.8286, 2254.1743, -2.4795532e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_6 = _this;
  _this setPos [6201.8286, 2254.1743, -2.4795532e-005];
};

_vehicle_7 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["CDF_WarfareBFieldhHospital", [6120.2075, 2214.428, 3.8146973e-006], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_7 = _this;
  _this setPos [6120.2075, 2214.428, 3.8146973e-006];
};

The MAP_EU buildings addon does NOT spawn zombies nor loot, but could be configured to do so. We wont be going into how to configure them to spawn loot and zombies. Instead, you can just modify the Map_EU classname to the Arma classname.

Take a look at various classnames listed:

http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_vehicles/tree

Match a piece of the string of the building you want to have and plop that in the classname.

Example: "MAP_Mil_Barracks_i" is the Map_EU barracks. Look for "Mil_Barracks" in the Six Browser, and you will find: "Land_Mil_Barracks_i" along with a link to a really useful statistics page: http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_vehicles/1777069

Some other useful links:

http://www.dayzsuperhive.co.uk/object-library.html

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150158-Classnames-of-all-map-objects-buildings

Welcome to the forums!

Ah, so it has to have Land_ to spawn loot, i'm guessing so because that's what i did with the land_barracks one and it now spawns loot.
How about the other barracks and hospital?

Didn't see what to change those ones too in there as they're still not spawning loot.

Would a problem such as this also cause there to be no loot in a vanilla Epoch server?

I've read so much the past three days, I may be mistaking this. I did read somewhere that "...loot will not spawn untill you go in and edit the..." but I think that was for an AI missions addon.

I ask because I just got my server going (for the third fresh-reinstall time through my garbage internet connection) and drove by a store and found absolutely nothing in it like I've always seen them all having in regular Epoch servers.

Would a problem such as this also cause there to be no loot in a vanilla Epoch server?

I've read so much the past three days, I may be mistaking this. I did read somewhere that "...loot will not spawn untill you go in and edit the..." but I think that was for an AI missions addon.

I ask because I just got my server going (for the third fresh-reinstall time through my garbage internet connection) and drove by a store and found absolutely nothing in it like I've always seen them all having in regular Epoch servers.

Note the key word on this message is that you "Drove" to the store.   No loot spawns if you drive anywhere.   If no loot run out about 150 m and run back in and trigger spawning and wait a couple minutes ..............