How do I add new Vehicles into Epoch?

DethMarine

Question

5 answers to this question

hehe no worries. I'm not sure about adding it to the Epoch folder, personally with the ones we added we use a new folder. I don't really suppose it matters where it's actually added though - but those are definitely famous last words! I'll use what we did with OWPack as an example.

We added all the server files in a folder in the root directory of the server called @OWPack\addons

All the pbos from the OWPack are inside that addons folder.

Then we grab the OWPack.bikey file and put that into the servers 'Key' folder.

Then is the tricky bit and the thing that I usually struggle with. You need to call the new pbos you are adding, in the mission.sqm file in the root directory of your mission.pbo.

Since you're only adding one pbo, I'd probably just try adding the nissan_350z.pbo.NZDF3.bisign and pbo into a new folder called @350z\addons both server and client side. Then put the NZDF3.bikey into your servers Keys folder (this doesn't need to be client side)

Alter your mission.sqm in the 'addons' section inside that file - I'm at work though so don't actually have access to this file at the moment to give an example. But you need to look for the 'addons' section (it's basically the first part of the file right at the top) and then add (I'm GUESSING) nissan_350z at the end of those mods that are being called. Pretty sure this is where we name the pbo to be added.

Just remember that the last pbo called in that particular list, shouldn't have a comma on the end. Every entry should have a comma after it apart from the last one. If that makes sense lol. Just check the formatting of the addon section you see there, and make sure you follow that.

Then finally, in your server command line that starts the server, get it to also call @350z; (client side as well need to do this) in your command line. You might need to screw around with the actual placement of that in the command line itself, this part has also caused us a few problems. E.g. last night @lignor;@OWPack;@Dayz_Epoch for us didn't work till we changed it to @OWPack;@lingor;@DayZ_Epoch for some reason.

Hope that helps anyway!

I hope that made sense lol.