[WIP] DayZBattleRoyale patched to Epoch 1.0.5.1

L3G0

Since DayZBattleRoyale does not work with ArmA 2 OA 1.63 i started to Patch the Serverfiles to get them working with an unpatched Epoch.

Notice

The migration is quick and dirty, but actual it is playable and works well.

I think i will not do a total rewriter in the near future, because i have to finish other work first, but i will remove the remaining bugs to improve the playability.

Know Bugs

• in rare situation you spawn in ground -> just swim a bit to get teleported
  • sometimes the Backbacks despawn if you touch them -> fixed
  • locking the server does not work -> Workaround: every connecting player gets kicked by endMission, if the round already has started
  • bug in spawning carepackage -> fixed
  • bug in updateObject -> fixed
  • bug with player_switchModel -> fixed
  • wrong loottable -> epoch merged with battleroyal, currently under testing -> seems do be good :)
  • improved vehicle spawning needed -> implemented -> supports complete random spawning inspired by Epoch, a position randomization of the static defined vehicles and the classic static spawn

Untested Stuff

• enabling BattlEye -> used the rules of infiSTAR and added the following publicVariables to the whitelist
5 "cba" !="cba_network_joinN" !="CBA_display_ingame_warnings" !="cba_common_groups" !="cba_versioning_versions_serv"
in publicvariableval.txt
5 "while" !"PLEASE WAIT WHILE WE UPDATE THE LEADERBOARD"
  • adding infiSTAR.de AntiHack - should work, but needs more testing

Screenshots

1 2 3 4

Edited by L3G0

Testserver

The Testserver is set to a minimum Playercount of 10, so grap two or more friends and test it if you want.

Startparameter

To connect to my Server you will need to use this Startparameter: "-mod=@DayZBattleRoyale;@DayZ_Epoch;" (in that Order!)

You can find the original DayZ Battle Royal via the DayZ Commander or Bittorrent Sync: BECIPKLF67KXBR74QLLP5QLEZZ76G6JYP

If u made it like a battle royal with base building it could be cool as well but base build would have to be faster:) just an idea

The primary Idea was to get Battle Royal working with current Arma Versions.

Since i like Epoch and it was included in DayZBattleRoyale before, i choose Epoch as a new Code Base.

Theoretical Basebuilding is not disabled, but it does not make sense in this Mod, since you don't know where the Final or Bombing Zone will be  :)

• 1 month later...

Hi L3G0, awesome work. I tried your test server and I got in just fine. I then tried to set something like this up on my own server using your forked code in GitHub, but I noticed you call another file in your startup.bat which I don't have or can't find.

Any chance you could share or direct me to the @DayZ_Epoch_BattleRoyale file? Thanks very much for your hard work in keeping this mod alive.

Any chance you could share or direct me to the @DayZ_Epoch_BattleRoyale file? Thanks very much for your hard work in keeping this mod alive.

Then i forgot to upload the patched bat file, my custom dayz files are not necessary anymore, everything is inside the Serverfiles (like the dirty code injection to get my debug menu working) or gets called by the init.sqf.

Never thought someone would be interested in this work since a lot of people said "meh, do it without epoch or we don't care" because they simply can't understand that we need the latest code from epoch...

Edit: If you want, you can mail me your steamid, then i could start a test round for you and your friends. After that you can decide if you realy want to get an own running Version, even tho i don't think that it is a great idea to have two emtpy Servers if we could start filling one and then i help to setup an second one :)

Edited by L3G0

Thanks for responding, I would totally be on board with pushing people to your server. The only problem is my group is mostly located in the Pacific Northwest which puts us around 200+ latency on your server whereas we get < 20 on our dedicated box nearby. I'm going to take a look again today and see if I can get the files on your github to work with the new info you provided.

Edit: Thanks to your tip, I got rid of the extra mod calls in the bat file and I got in to the lobby with mapvoting, so that's great progress. As soon as some of my group members get online I'll have them help me test.

Edited by Slaughterfast

The only problem is my group is mostly located in the Pacific Northwest which puts us around 200+ latency on your server whereas we get < 20 on our dedicated box nearby.

Yeah i understand, i will pack a ready to use package with all the maybe missing patches and some extra informations for you

You are the king, L3G0. Thanks for all your hard work.

I am happy that there are some users that are going to play it :)

If there will be more people playing this in future, then i will also write a proper locking feature and improve the whole system.

I just stopped my work because only a few people where able to read what they have to do to join, which is very frustrating :D

get a configuration like this added to the launcher apps like withSix, DZLauncher, and DZCommander

Dayz Commander it is not possible, but how to get it working with this i wrote in the message i sent.

For DayzLauncher the Author would simply need to add battle royal and one rule, then everything should be fine.

For withSix i don't have any Information.

We could also create a new all in one or a simple map package, because we only need the maps from the original battleroyal files. (if we don't want the extra weapons)

I was able to get it working today thanks to L3G0's gracious assistance. It's up to him whether or not he wants to release the files, but I will say he has been very helpful. We had a small test run yesterday with six people and it went very well.

We have our server up at: 74.91.117.73:2302 and right now everyone is logging off for the night but we will be back on tomorrow around 5pm PST if you want to join and try it out

Can you release what you've done?

As  the license of DayZ Mod dictates everything excluding my latest debug tools is released to the public.

You find it on github but be warned, it is far away from being perfect, atm it just contains dirty hacks because i don't know how i want to continue the work...

One possible way is to drop the whole hive thing and do everything without hive and just log the stats in an Database. This release will be working on Windows and my favorit Linux :D

well, i'm a admin for a large community and we just started using DZBR as a event.  We had 38 people on Sunday fighting for glory.  Whoever wins the event gets a nice prize on their home server.  It's pretty successful.

I would love to use epoch and admin tools.

Yeah, because i don't get it... what are you trying to tell me?

Edit:

Just to state it clear, this is a standalone server release, not a simple script for an normal Epoch Server... even thou i could easily write such a system for normal servers (it was one of my ideas to do exactly this) i will not do it.

For me it is much more fun to write my own stripped down Serverfiles and do a proper Linux release in the near future.

Edited by L3G0