You cannot edit/play this mission error

adfeagad

Question

Hi there! I'm having what seems to be a common problem with a seemingly random, different fix for each person. I followed the server guide here: 

and edited the files shown in the description for 1.0.5.1 compatibilty. But I get this error no matter what:

You cannot edit/play this mission. It is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_anim, dayz_code, dayz_communityassets, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip, dayz_epoch, dayz_vehicles, glt_m300t, pook_h13, csj_gyroac, map_eu, jetskiyanahuiaddon

It doesn't matter if I try connecting through Commander, DayZ Launcher, or OA, that error always shows up. I tried downloading DayZ_Epoch_1051 through DayZ Launcher, but that didn't work and the video uploader advised me to delete my DayZ_Epoch folder in the server files and rename the 1051 to it. Still nothing works. Playing on the same computer I'm running from, connecting through LAN to the right address and port, xampp is on, server instance batch file is running. Just nothing works, including for a friend of mine who got the same error.

My MPMissions > Chernarus > mission.sqm file that I've seen mentioned clearly states the following:

version=11;

class Mission
{
addOns[]=
{
"chernarus",
"ca_modules_animals",
"dayz_anim",
"dayz_code",
"dayz_communityassets",
"dayz_weapons",
"dayz_equip",
"dayz_epoch",
"dayz_vehicles",
"cacharacters_pmc",
"ca_modules_functions",
"glt_m300t",
"pook_h13",
"csj_gyroac",
"map_eu",
"jetskiyanahuiaddon"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
"dayz_weapons",
"ca_modules_functions",
"chernarus"
};

literally all of the supposed deleted content. In other cases the content has been listed but claimed to be deleted for others though so there you go. Do I have to re-download these addons, and if so, how?

5 answers to this question

Hello,

Have you added the propper launch parameters to your .bat file And to your dayz commander? (If you don't know what im talking about, just copy all lines from your .bat file in a reply)

Is just server a Vanilla epoch server or a Overpoch/ OverPochIns/ other, server?

Regards,

Dutchy

My Dayz_Epoch_instance_11_Chernarus batch file has only been edited to redirect the .exe from the beta:

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

From what the server tutorial author said, Commander won't work if I try to connect from the same computer the server is running from. It is a vanilla Epoch server.

Hello,

Is your @DayZEpoch folder in your servers folder called @DayZEpooch or @DayZEpoch1051 ?

If so, change the launch parameters to;

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch1051;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

If no, there is a common error in DayZ Commander were the server isnt propper showing up. You see the server but not the servers name, rahter than the name youll see the servers IP and the ping will be red. In order to * fix * that do the following steps:

-  Open dayz commander and go the server you're trying to join.

-  As you can see the server's IP is showing, rather than its name so, refresh the server every 3/5 minutes.

-  If you refeshed it multiple times and its still not showing up, try restarting DayZ Commander and try again.

-  Join the server when you see the server's Name rather than the IP and when the ping is not red and 1000, but when its green/ yellow.

If the servers name IS showing up and you still get this error, post your RPT file. <- RPT file is the arma2oaserver.rpt located in your instance folder.

Regards,

Dutchy