NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel

AlexHjelm

Question

Anymore than me that get these errors after patching to 1.0.2.2?

People get stuck on the loadingscreen and the counter down to the right wont move from 0 at all.

23:21:26 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #1431715833, users.card=14
23:21:26 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 1431715833
23:21:26 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 1431715833 (SniperWolf)
23:21:26 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #1431715833, users.card=14
23:21:26 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 1431715833

14 answers to this question

My guess is that your hiveext.dll is botched.
I had a problem like this, however, I do not know how I resolved it.

My advice is to make sure all your .dll files are up to date with the latest .dll files, and that you have the correct information within your config files.

My guess is that your hiveext.dll is botched.

I had a problem like this, however, I do not know how I resolved it.

My advice is to make sure all your .dll files are up to date with the latest .dll files, and that you have the correct information within your config files.

Downloaded from the official mirror @ epoch, then its broken on release?

Seems my Epoch server is doing the same, hosted through DayZ.ST. Uhg....and of course I don't have access to replace the .dll which is a bummer, but I guess that's what you get for renting a locked down server. I see others are running Vilayer and HFB servers which provide more access. For admins running servers from those providers, do you experience huge amounts of server lag when 30+ players are on? Are the servers pretty robust? I wasn't able to find any server specs on HFB website. Many thanks!

*Update: According to host, they replaced all core files including the the hive.dll. I'm still seeing the error but not as frequent. Host is stating it's server lag caused by players with high pings/packet loss and the amount of scripts contained in Epoch and what I've added to the mod. If that's the case, their servers are not as powerful as they claim to be. I would imagine bare minimum clock speeds and non-SSD drives may play a part??? From what I read elsewhere, typically, DayZ.ST provisions 14-20 instances per 12 core server. You can do the math.....

"""I have recreated your core server files including the dll's in case there was corruption and restarted the server, but i do not suspect this to be the cause.

This pending message is almost always related to at least one player that has low bandwidth or packet loss. Everything every player does is sent to every other player by the server. A server with a high population multiplies any issues caused by this problem, because not only do you have a higher chance of someone (or multiple people) with the problem, those people are having to send out more data as well. To further impact this problem, mods that have a high number of scripts built in like Epoch have a lot more data points to manage, and adding custom scripting multiplies it further. Things like AI and mission addons, timed events, lighting, etc cause a high load that when combined with someones shaky connection can desync and lag out the entire server.

You can try to lower you ping limits to weed out problem players, but latency is not really the biggest issue, it is low bandwidth and packet loss that really kill you. You can look at the in-game player list to see if anyone has bandwidth of 100 or lower and kick them to alleviate the worst of it."""

Same problems in our server. Stuck at loading screen, some players can hear sounds and can move around.

If the players try multiple times they can eventually connect.

Some say they use up to one hour to join after server restart.

This causes a lot of players to give up and rather join others servers. 

-----------------

2:36:28 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #447541881, users.card=2
 2:36:28 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 447541881
 2:36:28 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 447541881 (*********)
 2:36:28 "get: STRING (76561198167530700), sent: STRING (76561198167530700)"
 2:36:28 "DISCONNECT: skinstad (76561198167530700) Object: B 1-1-F:1 (skinstad) REMOTE, _characterID: 671 at loc [10296.4,11004.6,0.00167847]"
------------------

Does someone have a solution for this problem?