[Release] 2.1 Plot Management - UPDATED Object Counter

Zupa

can you tell me where it was because its not in the OP, which page maybe?

edit: also which files exactly, P4L ? no remove.sqf in plot management

https://github.com/DevZupa/PlotManagement/blob/master/P4L_Epoch.md

Step 6, that's what remove.sqf changes should be like now. 

The remove.sqf you edit is whichever one you're using from fn_selfActions.sqf, if you're running plot for life then yes it's the one in the plot for life folder. 

https://github.com/DevZupa/PlotManagement/blob/master/P4L_Epoch.md

Step 6, that's what remove.sqf changes should be like now. 

The remove.sqf you edit is whichever one you're using from fn_selfActions.sqf, if you're running plot for life then yes it's the one in the plot for life folder. 

the version that I had was different from the latest build it seems, although the version was the same

anyways I fixed it with a workaround :

if(!((getPlayerUID player) in _allowed || typeOf _obj  == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ" || (typeOf _obj == "land_ammo_supply_wreck") || (typeOf _obj == "land_iron_vein_wreck") || (typeOf _obj == "land_silver_vein_wreck") || (typeOf _obj == "land_gold_vein_wreck"))) exitWith { cutText ["You are not allowed to remove this structure." , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

the version that I had was different from the latest build it seems, although the version was the same

anyways I fixed it with a workaround :

if(!((getPlayerUID player) in _allowed || typeOf _obj  == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ" || (typeOf _obj == "land_ammo_supply_wreck") || (typeOf _obj == "land_iron_vein_wreck") || (typeOf _obj == "land_silver_vein_wreck") || (typeOf _obj == "land_gold_vein_wreck"))) exitWith { cutText ["You are not allowed to remove this structure." , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

The file edits on GitHub were the workaround. :P It just tells it to only check on modular build items or modular doors and for everything else it'll proceed as usual.

I believe I followed the instructions to the letter and everything appeared to be working.  I used the interface to add myself to the pole and built 2 cinder walls.  One not upgraded,  the other upgraded.  When I killed myself and came back to the plot it tells me I have to have a plot within 30 meters to build when I tried to add another wall.  I saw the recent posts on changing some things around on page 6 by Zupa but I am confused.  When I tried the new code it broke the interface so I reverted back.  I have not tested if anyone can remove items yet but will test that tomorrow.  Is there a way to fix the plotpole issue in the posts?  Only errors I see in the RPT are below.  And I do not run plot pole 4 life.

only error I see is this when I first put down the pole.

Server: Object 3:31 not found (message 94)

3:XX                                  70

The numbers are random after the 3 and the 94 and 70 repeat about 10 times each.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

EDIT - Found the problem and working to fix it.  I am not copying the server_monitor.sqf and server_updateObjects.sqf code correctly.  Running through it again and see what happens.  I am not a coder by trade so this is difficult for me to tell when the lines are not correct.  At least in the 2 weeks doing this I can read the code now :)

I am at a loss.  I keep trying to modify the server_monitor.sqf and the server_updateObject.sqf as I believe that is what is causing the problem.  When I place the plot down is when the errors happen.  Anyone able to link what theirs looks like and the block above and below from the edits would be cool.  I tried doing my code in the spoiler format but I cant seem to paste any text from outside this.  Thank you.

I believe I followed the instructions to the letter and everything appeared to be working.  I used the interface to add myself to the pole and built 2 cinder walls.  One not upgraded,  the other upgraded.  When I killed myself and came back to the plot it tells me I have to have a plot within 30 meters to build when I tried to add another wall.  I saw the recent posts on changing some things around on page 6 by Zupa but I am confused.  When I tried the new code it broke the interface so I reverted back.  I have not tested if anyone can remove items yet but will test that tomorrow.  Is there a way to fix the plotpole issue in the posts?  Only errors I see in the RPT are below.  And I do not run plot pole 4 life.

only error I see is this when I first put down the pole.

Server: Object 3:31 not found (message 94)

3:XX                                  70

The numbers are random after the 3 and the 94 and 70 repeat about 10 times each.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

EDIT - Found the problem and working to fix it.  I am not copying the server_monitor.sqf and server_updateObjects.sqf code correctly.  Running through it again and see what happens.  I am not a coder by trade so this is difficult for me to tell when the lines are not correct.  At least in the 2 weeks doing this I can read the code now :)

I am at a loss.  I keep trying to modify the server_monitor.sqf and the server_updateObject.sqf as I believe that is what is causing the problem.  When I place the plot down is when the errors happen.  Anyone able to link what theirs looks like and the block above and below from the edits would be cool.  I tried doing my code in the spoiler format but I cant seem to paste any text from outside this.  Thank you.

Ok, as far as I know server_monitor.sqf only involves itself with the plot pole on a server restart/startup, where it sets the initial variables based on what it gets from the database. The server_updateObject.sqf is most likely where your issue lies since that file is called when we try to add or remove a player from the plot pole. Can you pastebin your server_updateObject.sqf please so I can check to see if there are any glaring errors in the code you've added. 

Anyone getting a setvariable BE kick?

Value Restriction #2 "plotfriends" = [["7656119XXXXXXXXXXXX","player"]] 33:34 Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ

I haven't seen anyone else mention BE kicks, nor have I experienced any myself. Can you let us see your publicvariableval.txt so we can see what part of that line it's having an issue with? 

I may have figured out my problem.  I kept noticing in your instructions to modify player_build.sqf but that is the one file that does not have a link in self actions.  That kept bothering me so I did a search on that in google.  What I found was that snap pro mod calls this file in compiles.sqf.  So I just modified that one with the code and after upload my hosting company took a crap on me.  So once they are back online I will start the server up and see if that was the issue all along. I really hope that was it cause I have been at this for 2 days now with no luck. 

Was able to fix the issue.  I was right, it was that file being called by the other mod.  Not sure if your instructions say anything about that but Snap Pro mod calls the file so people like me that are still new to coding might have a hard time remembering that.  I also did not see in your instructions to add that file link to anything so you may want to add that.  You smarter guys would know right away but us new guys to coding struggle with this type of thing.  But thank you for anyone that was looking into it.

Hello Zupa great script , just wanted to give you the heads up and let you know that _intentory will be changed into _inventory in the next update , i had already edited the mistake and had some inventory despawn on my server but when ahead and fixed it right away, just wanted to give you a heads up, would sure help reduce any headaches for users

Using non plot life version currently I can place the plot down and add people but somehow players can remove me when I'm TN e one placing the plot. Shouldn't I have ownership and not be able to take me out of the plot management?

They can take you out, Because without Plot4Life there is no actual Owner.

I can change it so, u cannot delete the first person added to the list?

Having the issue where the server boots up with no issues at all and you are able to place plot poles and build around it but when you try and access the plot management system on it, nothing comes up. No option to access it at all. Seeing that I haven't seen this issue posted before, I am guessing its an installation problem on my end. Can anyone lead me in the correct direction about where I might of gone wrong?

EDIT: I am using the P4L version by the way if that means anything. Also I checked the inventory of the plot pole in the database and it doesn't seem to have any values in there indicating I am the owner or allowed to build inside of it.

Running Plot4life Snap_Build and now this.

Runs fine at first but after you die, Until a server restart, nobody can build in your plotpole area coming up with the message

"You can no enter a plotpole area while building" (Thats a summary of the message, this is standing next to the plotpole)

Building on a non plotpole area still works fine but whenever I place a new plotpole (After dying in the same restart) this happens

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ai1124i0ekl75l/2014-09-12_00017.jpg?dl=0

Any ideas?

Wipped the Database

- First plotpole Placed Nobody added

Inventory: []

- Suicide, Now trying to build on plotpole.

- Building on this plotpole works sorta

- Cannot snap building objects

- Cannot snap when building on a non plotpole area.

Inventory: []

(Getting a mate on to test it when he is added)

Due to snap_build not working I'm having a look over it now

Wipped the Database

- First plotpole Placed Nobody added

Inventory: []

- Suicide, Now trying to build on plotpole.

- Building on this plotpole works sorta

- Cannot snap building objects

- Cannot snap when building on a non plotpole area.

Inventory: []

(Getting a mate on to test it when he is added)

Due to snap_build not working I'm having a look over it now

Sound like there is something wrong with your building installation :s