DayZ Commander stopped fetching new servers?

adzvaughan

Hello,

For me the server list has been stuck at 3923 for about 3 days. In those 3 days I imagine a few folk have set up new servers.

New server's arent showing, not a problem server side as I have 3 currently displaying all configured the same.

Anybody coming across the same issue?

Regards,

Adam

I'm seeing 3923 as well. I stopped using Dayz Commander, even though I still have it installed. I use Dayz Launcher now. Much more reliable listing of servers.

Yeah, we currently don't have an issue with DayZ Launcher, Steam or Arma2 OA server list.  At the moment it's just DZC not updating to display our server names for some reason.  Any other Admins having this issue?

Yes this is a HUGE problem right now, new servers or the ones that have switched IP's are unable to get listed. Which pretty much means they'll be dead pretty soon unless they find a creative way to get new players. DayzLauncher is great but it simply does not have the playerbase that DZC does.

Also check:

I'll try and contact the author of DZC cause someone needs to take over that project.

Yes this is a HUGE problem right now, new servers or the ones that have switched IP's are unable to get listed. Which pretty much means they'll be dead pretty soon unless they find a creative way to get new players. DayzLauncher is great but it simply does not have the playerbase that DZC does.

Also check:

I'll try and contact the author of DZC cause someone needs to take over that project.

DZC is dead. Let it die, migrate over to DZL, problem solved.

DZC is dead. Let it die, migrate over to DZL, problem solved.

How does that solve anything when most of the actual playerbase is still on DZC. I know DZL works and that one is actually being maintained but it does not help the fact that you hardly get new players from DZL.

• Server on DZC = new players (occasionaly) joining
  • Server on DZL = no new players joining

Both of your servers are on DZC so i get it's not a problem for you :P

I recently set up a brand new Overpoch server aswell which IS listed on DZC. Tho it took us a good couple of days of confing, research and port-forwarding. Not really sure what eventually did the trick but hey, it works.

I recently set up a brand new Overpoch server aswell which IS listed on DZC. Tho it took us a good couple of days of confing, research and port-forwarding. Not really sure what eventually did the trick but hey, it works.

I don't think anything special needs to be done other than setting the Steam ports and leaving them alone because after I set up my Takistan server I didn't even check DZC for several days and it was just there. 

I don't think anything special needs to be done other than setting the Steam ports and leaving them alone because after I set up my Takistan server I didn't even check DZC for several days and it was just there. 

Yeah probably. It does take some time to show up tho. We wanted our server to show up on the very first day, hence the extra work.

Also check:

^^This right here! We went from a totally healthy server with 25+ regulars and new players joining all the time to a ghost town with maybe 4 people who still play on the server.

I have tried to contact dotjosh several times via his website...but believe it or not but his contact me form on his website is broken as well.

IF you do mange to contact him let me know. I am a web/mobile designer - front end dev for 11+ years and I am sure I can help in some way...

How does that solve anything when most of the actual playerbase is still on DZC. I know DZL works and that one is actually being maintained but it does not help the fact that you hardly get new players from DZL. Compared to DZC there ping mechanism.

• Server on DZC = new players (occasionaly) joining
  • Server on DZL = no new players joining

Both of your servers are on DZC so i get it's not a problem for you :P

Again^^^^^^

Would LOVE to know what you did. I have been working with James from Vert hosting to get our server listed without luck. We have been off DZC for about 3 weeks now and the server is pretty much dead...

Yeah probably. It does take some time to show up tho. We wanted our server to show up on the very first day, hence the extra work.

MY guess is that you guys are on IPs that are on the cached list of DZC - and thats why you are showing up. Even more so if you guys are all agreeing that it's stuck @3923 servers.

Before my server changed IP's all I had to do was add the steam ports to my config and wait a few hours...

Would LOVE to know what you did. I have been working with James from Vert hosting to get our server listed without luck. We have been off DZC for about 3 weeks now and the server is pretty much dead...

MY guess is that you guys are on IPs that are on the cached list of DZC - and thats why you are showing up. Even more so if you guys are all agreeing that it's stuck @3923 servers.

Before my server changed IP's all I had to do was add the steam ports to my config and wait a few hours...

Now that I think about it you might be right. The server itself is brand new modded from scratch, but the physical server is same. Might be the same IP aswell and perhaps, indeed, cached.

Really sucks that DZC isn't updating their soft properly. The worst part is that regular players might not even be aware of this and they just keep going to those '3929' servers, so they don't see the need to move from DZC to DZL

Probably caused by the favorites that are bugged with DZC. Try removing your server from the favorites and restart the application, see if it shows up in search.

--

Decided to pull the plug on our server for now, even though we still had some active players it's no good continuing something that is doomed. Sucks cause i put a lot of time and effort in maintaining it and making it near perfect ( :P). I've tried to contact Josh but haven't had a response (yet). I'm hopeful that he will or that he fixes this damned issue himself.

Probably caused by the favorites that are bugged with DZC. Try removing your server from the favorites and restart the application, see if it shows up in search.

--

Decided to pull the plug on our server for now, even though we still had some active players it's no good continuing something that is doomed. Sucks cause i put a lot of time and effort in maintaining it and making it near perfect ( :P). I've tried to contact Josh but haven't had a response (yet). I'm hopeful that he will or that he fixes this damned issue himself.

I hear ya bro! This sucks so much. I have put seriously so many hours into my server...and Im also at the point of killing it.

Favorites is some-what bugged indeed. Our server was being grayed out aswell for quite a while. Then someone posted a fix on here that you need to remove the Settings.xml file from your appdata/DayzCommander folder. Now my favorites work fine.

Help needed

Okay i think i might have come up with a workaround. But i need other admins to help me out here, is there is any admin that has a dev server (or a listing he doesn't use) listed on DZC and is willing to help out (and preferably has a dedi)?

I wanna try to port forward that IP:Port to another IP:Port and see if it then lists that server.

The thing is Creep, that will only work if you have control over an IP listed somewhere in DZC. DZC is not adding any new IP:Port combinations, but rerouting "old" ones that aren't used or doesnt need listing (like dev servers) seems like something that might work.