[RELEASE] DZMSHotSpots

Ah, on our KiezFreunde servers we run this, too.

But I have never paid much attention to the format - if it comes as GPS coordinates you'd still have to convert it to worldspace format and either way (being a batch and automatization fan) I'd hate to have to write down the coordinates ;-)

With my method the coordinates are already formatted in the way I need them to and I can just go onto the running server, jump around, perhaps make certain that the house I want to place something in has no player base in it. Now, with a bit of practice and most of the manual steps eliminated, it takes less than 10s per coordinate and less than 5min for postprocessing (search&replace in editor) the whole array.

Ah, on our KiezFreunde servers we run this, too.

But I have never paid much attention to the format - if it comes as GPS coordinates you'd still have to convert it to worldspace format and either way (being a batch and automatization fan) I'd hate to have to write down the coordinates ;-)

With my method the coordinates are already formatted in the way I need them to and I can just go onto the running server, jump around, perhaps make certain that the house I want to place something in has no player base in it. Now, with a bit of practice and most of the manual steps eliminated, it takes less than 10s per coordinate and less than 5min for postprocessing (search&replace in editor) the whole array.

It comes in the format you need already. Just cut the coordinates out and insert them into the config:

Z7nVVQ.png

Ah, I see, it gives you a worldspace coordinate to copy, ok.

Really not wanting to nag, but while using an offline map surely works perfectly fine for open areas, I still suspect that you may end up not in the middle of a road but in an adjacent building. Jumping in-game you'll record exact player position and can personally check its validity.

Face gave me permission to use the sophisticated DZAI damage handler for the bots spawned by DZMSHotspots!

All credit for this nice piece of work goes to Face and all blame for incorrectly calling his functions to me! Please don't bugger Face with errors stemming from using his work together with this mod!

Now, what's this about?

• Standard Arma AI is weak - afaik corresponding to 8000 blood and they simply take damage till they die, unlike a player who may go unconscious, before. To keep using standard behaviour keep DZMSHotSpotsAIBlood = 0; in DZMSHotSpotsConfig.sqf.
  • Now we could simply make the AI slightly tougher: You can now set DZMSHotSpotsAIBlood to a number > 0, for example 12000 and use a copy-from-the-web damage handler that simply scales down the damage to a fraction 8000/DZMSHotSpotsAIBlood.
  • Or: you can set DZMSHotSpotsAIBlood to a number < 0, standard would be player level DZMSHotSpotsAIBlood = -12000; and thus use DZAI's fabulous damage handler (called with abs(DZMSHotSpotsAIBlood)) that does nice things: AI goes unconscious when taking heavy damage, just like a player does, headshots still do 1-shot-kills, ... For this to work, you'll need DZAI running on your server (even if you have disabled all AI patrols, I guess) and have its variable DZAI_useHealthSystem set to true.

Changed files: DZMSHotSpotsConfig.sqf, Scripts/DZMSHotSpotsAISpawn.sqf

• 2 weeks later...

It will work on any map once the static coordinates needed are defined.

Currently the config file provides coordinates for Chernarus, Napf, Taviana (optionally with the landmasses added for Origins).

These are all maps I have access to, but I might get coordinates for Takistan and Miroslavl, soon.

Instructions on how to make your own set of coos are in post #26

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The installation instructions just say to do the same as DZMS - they need to be EXACT and clear for n00bs like myself....

Do I need to add 2 lines to server_monitor.sqf in order to run this with DZMS ? At present, the relevant section of my server_monitor.sqf looks like this.............

[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\DZMSInit.sqf";
[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\DZMSHotSpots\DZMSHotSpotsInit.sqf";
    allowConnection = true;  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I installed your addon today on Overpoch Taviana, it comes up in the rpt that it detected Taviana but some questionmarks are out in the sea and one with AIs spawned up on a mountain. Also the roadblock spawned out in the ocean. 

Is there anything more I should do for it to detect the map better?

Think I found it out... had to remove the // on the tavi lines in the config :D

But another thing, cand find a mission array in your config file, did you remove that?

Yes, you have to manually uncomment the locations that fit your map, assigning them to the variables DZMSHotSpotsStatLocs and DZMSRoadBlocksStatLocs.

The cleanest approach is to have only one set of assignments uncommented.

In case of Tavi note that there are additional locations for the map additions coming with Origins.

The mission arrays should be near line 613:

DZMSHotSpotsMajorArray = ["HSMoney","HSSupply","HSRareAmmo","HSVehicleAmmo","HSLauncher"];
DZMSHotSpotsMinorArray = ["RBFort","RBSandBags","RBTankTraps","RBVehicleArmed"];

• 1 month later...

Running the latest version of this and I'm seeing this error in my log:

10:19:57 [DZMSHotSpots]: Running Minor Mission RBSandBags.
10:19:58 [DZMSHotSpots]: (DZMSHotSpotsUnitsMinor) 6 AI Spawned, 6 units in mission.
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.ItemFlashlight'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: Error: creating magazine ItemFlashlight with scope=private
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.displayNameShort'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.type'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.count'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.maxLeadSpeed'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.initSpeed'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.reloadAction'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.modelSpecial'.
10:20:03 Warning Message: No entry '.ammo'.
10:20:03 No owner
10:20:03 No owner
10:20:03 Error in expression <azines;

{
_unit addWeapon _x
} forEach _geartools;

_aicskill = DZMSHotSpotsSki>
10:20:03   Error position: <_geartools;

_aicskill = DZMSHotSpotsSki>
10:20:03   Error Undefined variable in expression: _geartools
10:20:03 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMSHotSpots\Scripts\DZMSHotSpotsAISpawn.sqf, line 91
10:20:03 [DZMSHotSpots]: (DZMSHotSpotsUnitsMinor) 6 AI Spawned, 12 units in mission.
10:20:08 [DZMSHotSpots]: (DZMSHotSpotsUnitsMinor) Waiting for 0/12 Units or Less to be Alive and a Player to be Near the Objective.

Curious, the 'latest' version has been up for a long time.

Did you adapt DZMSHotSpots\ExtConfig.sqf for Overpoch weapons? Can you send me the file?

Or the CfgMagazines is garbled. Mostly, when the standard missions start, I get a 'no entry .' error popup, that's pointing in that direction, too.

Curious, the 'latest' version has been up for a long time.

Did you adapt DZMSHotSpots\ExtConfig.sqf for Overpoch weapons? Can you send me the file?

Or the CfgMagazines is garbled. Mostly, when the standard missions start, I get a 'no entry .' error popup, that's pointing in that direction, too.

I just installed it on my Takistan server, so yes, the version I put on the server was the latest version that has been up for a long time.

I don't have a DZMSHotSpots\ExtConfig.sqf. I did add Overwatch weapons to the DZMSHotSpotsAIConfig.sqf with the same entries as DZMS. As far as I know DZMS doesn't produce that error with the same weapons. This is the config with the Overwatch weapons: http://pastebin.com/UcgmmdvS

Sorry, I meant DZMSHotSpots\ExtConfig\DZMSHotSpotsAIConfig.sqf (pasted too short a line from Explorer).

The error seems to occur when a unit is spawned that has a flashlight in the gear (defined by DZMSHotSpotsGear<nn>).

Is the file you sent me complete? It seems to be the very DZMSHotSpotsAIConfig.sqf I wanted to see, but with only the DZMSHotSpotsWeps<m> entries, missing the following DZMSHotSpotsGear<nn> and DZMSHotSpotsPacklist.

Yes, that would be necessary for the

_gearmagazines = _aigear select 0;
	_geartools = _aigear select 1;

calls in DZMSAISpawn.

I'm not completely sure that an emtpy return for _gearmagazines will work, though, may be, may be not.

DZMSHotSpotsGear00 = [
["ItemBandage"],
["ItemFlashlight"]
];

would be on the safe side without giving too much loot.

• 4 months later...

The initial marker is set in DZMSHotSpots\Scripts\DZMSHotSpotsAddMajMarker.sqf, and DZMSHotSpots\Scripts\DZMSHotSpotsMarkerLoop.sqf is re-setting that marker periodically (Vampires method to ensure that players joining after mission start will also see a marker).

Refer to https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/cfgMarkers for icon shapes.

Thanks ! worked 

I noticed that only Yellow "?" icons shows on map (currently setup to 3 question marks (one beeing the real AI location), BUT, when I look at my map I see another group of roaming AI without beeing 'Marked'. is this normal? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...