How's 1.0.5.2 coming along?

The Devs have said A3 Epoch is meant to be good for customisation when it becomes fully available to players.  We will have to see how they have built the framework for modders to use.

Myself and Raymix have also just started working on a new (from scratch) A3 mod as well.

If you ever need some testing on that, i gladly give my services, i dont have time 24/7 but i can do small things ^^

About 2 weeks until the "Due" date for 1.0.6 and it's only 15% complete. I just wish the devs would decide on the fate of A2 Epoch and let us know. I tend not to want to put new scripts on the server close to a supposed release date because I'll be duplicating my work soon after installing them, but if I knew that 1.0.6 isn't coming, at least that would easy my mind and I'm sure a lot of others.

If you ever need some testing on that, i gladly give my services, i dont have time 24/7 but i can do small things ^^

Thanks Zupa.  We have a lot to do before having something in place that will be worth people looking at but will try to keep everyone in the loop as things progress.

About 2 weeks until the "Due" date for 1.0.6 and it's only 15% complete. I just wish the devs would decide on the fate of A2 Epoch and let us know. I tend not to want to put new scripts on the server close to a supposed release date because I'll be duplicating my work soon after installing them, but if I knew that 1.0.6 isn't coming, at least that would easy my mind and I'm sure a lot of others.

Yeah, I am pretty much wondering why I should convert the latest version of A Plot for Life to A2 Epoch for inclusion in the core build as last time I did it just sat there for 3 weeks with no comments from the devs (Vbawol originally suggested it could be included in response to someone elses comment on the Git issue tracker).  After spending a good deal of time building, testing and making it available for the Epoch mod, just a note along the lines of "Scheduled for verification on XXX" or "thanks, will test and provide feedback" or just something would not seem too much to ask.

The Better Refueling project is probably the last one I will do for A2Epoch.  It is hard to justify the time and effort when the devs are the only ones with control over the codebase and seem to have little interest in further development or spending much time on the A2Epoch community.

Maybe it's time they get some extra men power who would be interested in maintaining the dayz epoch mod.

Even if it is under a different name / branch

DayZ Epoch 2

tbh people are still able to commit their projects to current github, I am guessing that SBP was accepted only because it is disabled by default, is toggleable from single bool and does not change any existing files (apart from additions to compiles and variables ofc). They are still open for community submissions, just that everyone prefers to keep their stuff as mission additions rather than integrating them into a single project - a mod itself. hint* hint* :P

I can't think of any mod that would specifically require changing files dramatically, there's always a way to make scripts that only uses it's own structure... at least for the most part, just that we are lazy, heh. I had a plan to release SBP that only requires single line in init.sqf and description.ext and would work regardless of custom compiles and would shamelessly take over player_build defeating compatibility issues my side, heheh... but meh...

tbh people are still able to commit their projects to current github, I am guessing that SBP was accepted only because it is disabled by default, is toggleable from single bool and does not change any existing files (apart from additions to compiles and variables ofc). They are still open for community submissions, just that everyone prefers to keep their stuff as mission additions rather than integrating them into a single project - a mod itself. hint* hint* :P

prob a stupid question but too lazy to look it up, how to make ccp to bin?

prob some kind of compiler i guess?

prob a stupid question but too lazy to look it up, how to make ccp to bin?

prob some kind of compiler i guess?

.bin files are actually binarized cpp files. Once you set option to binarize in your PBO manager tool, it will convert automatically.

The way it works is - it grabs cpp and all hpp files and puts them into one single large .bin file.... while binarized, you can still use unRap by kegety's to extract bin files (handy while learning and there are no tutorials available for what you need)

edit: BinPBO comes with binarizer (the one from BI tools 2.5 package), but while working with PBOs from Epoch github, you don't need to binarize anything... just use your own PBO methods, it will work just fine. Binarizing is more meant for p3d models, so people can't steal them... rest of stuff is still kinda accessible anyway. Your PBOs will work perfectly fine unbinarized.

ok my plans:

• Adding some extra skins from arma 2
  • Disable Engineer on all arma skins ( to allow overpoch not to have engineer repear options ^^)
  • Attach PlotManagement to P4L.
  • Fix generate_zombie

Anything else needs to be done?

ok my plans:

• Adding some extra skins from arma 2
  • Disable Engineer on all arma skins ( to allow overpoch not to have engineer repear options ^^)
  • Attach PlotManagement to P4L.
  • Fix generate_zombie

Anything else needs to be done?

What do you mean by "Disable Engineer"? What is the Engineer and what does it do?

To be honest i have no issue if it takes longer for 1.0.5.2 / 1.0.6, just a fix for the smelting would have been nice... at least we were able to find a fix for loot spawn.

But i haven't played since release (june), because lootspawn and smelting was broken. So i'm basically just waiting since june for these to be fixed. :(