Custom Launcher for my server

Chunk. No Captain Chunk.

Question

i know this is a little off topic, but Im attempting to create a small launcher for my community using Visual basic.
I have most of the basics down. But when I create a button to join my server using this code:

steam://rungameid/33930//-connect=206.221.176.66:2602 -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@dayz;@DayZOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch1051

But once I launch this script (you guys can try it also) I get this error:

Addon 'sauerland' requires 'Chernarus'.

my server is not running saurland, it is running Chernarus.

if anyone could help out that'd be great!

22 answers to this question

If you are trying to run Overpoch, should you really have "@dayz" in there? 

I think if you have your Arma 2 Steam installation set up with the proper order of enabled mods, you should not need to use the -mod: command. 

The @dayz was just a test. The launch without it was just launching arma 2: operation arrowhead.

You 

steam://rungameid/33930//-connect=206.221.176.66:2602 -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@dayz;@DayZOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch1051

But once I launch this script (you guys can try it also) I get this error:

So the problem is sauerland uses assets from Chernarus and in doing so requires it. The way you are launching the game is just running ArmA 2 OA standalone which does not include chernarus, only ArmA 2 does. What you really want to do is launch Combined Operations, so the mod parameters should look something like:

-mod=%PATHTOARMA2%;Expansion;@dayz;@DayZOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch1051;
i.e. -mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2;Expansion;@dayz;@DayZOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch1051;

You may still be able to do it the same way steam used to launch combined operations, not sure. If you want to check that out open your ArmA 2 OA folder and look at the _runA2CO.cmd

Your problem is nothing related to how you are running arma, but how you are trying to run a steamapp, parameters don't work with steam:// the same way batch files do so you need to alter it a bit, here's pretty much what I use in a .bat file

@echo off
SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS
SET _OVERWATCH=
SET _JSRS=
SET _IP=127.0.0.1

:v64_path_a2oa
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%A In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') DO (SET _STEAMPATH=%%B)
IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO v32_path_a2oa) ELSE (GOTO CheckCpu)

:v32_path_a2oa
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%C In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') DO (SET _STEAMPATH=%%D)
IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO uac_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO CheckCpu)

:uac_PATH_A2OA
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%E IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') DO (SET _STEAMPATH=%%F)
IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO std_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO CheckCpu)

:std_PATH_A2OA
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%G IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') DO (SET _STEAMPATH=%%H)
IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO ENDfailA2OA) ELSE (GOTO CheckCpu)

:CheckCpu
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%I IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\7" /v "Identifier"') DO (SET _CORE=8)
IF DEFINED _CORE (GOTO CheckMemory)
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%K IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\5" /v "Identifier"') DO (SET _CORE=6)
IF NOT DEFINED _CORE (SET _CORE=4)

:CheckMemory
for /f "tokens=4 delims= " %%a in ( ' systeminfo ^| find "Total Physical Memory:" ' ) do set _RAMCOMMA=%%a
set _RAM=%_RAMCOMMA:,=%

:Input
CLS
echo Steam Path: %_STEAMPATH%
echo Cpu Cores: %_CORE%
echo Total Physical Memory: %_RAM%
echo.
echo    Please choose one of the following options.
echo    *******************************************
echo 1. DayZ Epoch
echo 2. DayZ Epoch/Overwatch
echo 3. DayZ Epoch/JSRS
echo 4. DayZ Epoch/Overwatch/JSRS
echo.
echo X/Q. Exits
Choice /N /C 1234XQ
If %Errorlevel%==1 GOTO Epoch
If %Errorlevel%==2 GOTO EpochOW
If %Errorlevel%==3 GOTO EpochJSRS
If %Errorlevel%==4 GOTO EpochOWJSRS
If %Errorlevel%==5 GOTO end
If %Errorlevel%==6 GOTO end

:Epoch
IF NOT EXIST "%_STEAMPATH%\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ_Epoch" GOTO AddonFail
SET _MODS=@DayZ_Epoch;
goto Run

:EpochOW
IF NOT EXIST "%_STEAMPATH%\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ_Epoch" GOTO AddonFail
IF NOT EXIST "%_STEAMPATH%\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayzOverwatch" GOTO AddonFail
SET _MODS=@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;
goto Run

:EpochJSRS
IF NOT EXIST "%_STEAMPATH%\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@JSRS 1.5" GOTO AddonFail
IF NOT EXIST "%_STEAMPATH%\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@JSRS_ACE" GOTO AddonFail
IF NOT EXIST "%_STEAMPATH%\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@CBA_CO" GOTO AddonFail
SET _MODS=@DayZ_Epoch;JSRS 1.5;JSRS_ACE;@CBA_CO
goto Run

:EpochOWJSRS
IF NOT EXIST "%_STEAMPATH%\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayzOverwatch" GOTO AddonFail
IF NOT EXIST "%_STEAMPATH%\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@JSRS 1.5" GOTO AddonFail
IF NOT EXIST "%_STEAMPATH%\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@JSRS_ACE" GOTO AddonFail
IF NOT EXIST "%_STEAMPATH%\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@CBA_CO" GOTO AddonFail
SET _MODS=@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;JSRS 1.5;JSRS_ACE;@CBA_CO
goto Run

:AddonFail
echo. Problem finding one of your addon folders, contact support!
pause
goto end

:Run
call "%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 -connect=%_IP% -port=2302 -mod=%_MODS% -maxVRAM=2047 -maxMem=%_RAM% -exThreads=12 -cpuCount=%_CORE%
REM -nosplash -world=empty  -noPause
@exit

ENDLOCAL

:end
@exit /B 0

:ENDfailA2OA
@exit /B 1

My launcher works for me, the error (I think) is if Arma 2 is in a different Steam directory

Click to join my servers :D

I think I found the problem.

steam://run/33930//-connect=IP address -port=Port -mod=EXPANSION;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZOverwatch -nosplash -world=empty -nopause

instead of:

steam://rungameid/33930//-connect=IP and Port -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@dayz;@DayZOverwatch;

Scratch that, still getting this error:

steam://run/33930//-connect=IP address -port=Port -mod=EXPANSION;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZOverwatch -nosplash -world=empty -nopause

instead of:

steam://rungameid/33930//-connect=IP and Port -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@dayz;@DayZOverwatch;

what are u trying to run:

Overpoch? epoch + overwatch?

instead of:

It's because Epoch needs A2 and A2OA to run and the path to A2 needs to be defined

1. Make sure you have latest versions of Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

2. (Optional) Verify gamefiles/cache of both games to double check from steam game options.

3. Go to: "Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2" and copy the "AddOns" folder to: "Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead" folder.

4. Do not verify any gamefiles/cache of Arrowhead game after this process or the gamefiles there will fuck up and you have to copy the addons folder over again.

5. The game will now work without giving this error again when launched.

Now all we have to do if find a way to put this in the .bat file...

Im not really good at this soooo...

but if you can figure it can you email me? 

[email protected]

You need to copy your addons folder from Arma 2 to Arma 2 OA

ik but for other people so they dont have to do this aswell....

and how do you add the spoiler to forums thing for my profile?

well any how here's anouther code for a launcher ik this one work's but i like the other one

::Author: Snow [AGS]
@echo off
echo ===============================
echo Handy Batch File
echo --------------------------------
echo Author: Recon (AOW)Gaming DayZOverpoch
echo JOINING SERVER IN .....
timeout 3

::===============================================================================================================================================
::Configuration| Edit these to the proper file paths ==============================================================================================================================================
::---> ===============================================================================================================================================
:: YOUR Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Directory
set arma2oapath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
:: YOUR Arma 2 Directory
set arma2path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2
:: Server IP    
set IP=162.255.138.42
:: Server Port 
set PORT=2502
:: Required Mods [ Ex. @DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Namalsk ]
set MODS=@DayZ_Epoch1051;@DayzOverwatch
::---> ===============================================================================================================================================

::===============================================================================================================================================
:: DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELLOW THIS LINE OR YOU WILL BREAK THIS FILE ==============================================================================================================================================

start ""  "%arma2oapath%\ARMA2OA_BE.exe" 0 0 -skipintro -mod=%MODS% -noSplash -noFilePatching -world=empty -connect=%IP% -port=%PORT% "-mod=%arma2path%;expansion;"

@exit

ik but for other people so they dont have to do this aswell....

and how do you add the spoiler to forums thing for my profile?

well any how here's anouther code for a launcher ik this one work's but i like the other one

::Author: Snow [AGS]
@echo off
echo Handy Batch File
echo --------------------------------
echo Author: Recon (AOW)Gaming DayZOverpoch
echo JOINING SERVER IN .....
timeout 3

::Configuration| Edit these to the proper file paths ==============================================================================================================================================
:: YOUR Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Directory
set arma2oapath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
:: YOUR Arma 2 Directory
set arma2path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2
:: Server IP    
set IP=162.255.138.42
:: Server Port 
set PORT=2502
:: Required Mods [ Ex. @DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Namalsk ]
set MODS=@DayZ_Epoch1051;@DayzOverwatch

:: DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELLOW THIS LINE OR YOU WILL BREAK THIS FILE ==============================================================================================================================================

start ""  "%arma2oapath%\ARMA2OA_BE.exe" 0 0 -skipintro -mod=%MODS% -noSplash -noFilePatching -world=empty -connect=%IP% -port=%PORT% "-mod=%arma2path%;expansion;"

@exit

This one doesnt really work. Gives stupid error