New IP and DayZCommander wont show our server

Sexysev

Question

Hello all,

So all was fine - server was showing on all launchers - had players and new players joining all the time.

But we got a new IP. Ever since the server will not show on DZC. Nothing at all has changed but the ip. Still have the steamports in the config, etc.

Anyone have an idea?

Server info:

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/216.244.84.156:2302/

14 answers to this question

Give it a day, Leave the server on. and next day it should be in dayz commander. They do a scan for new server like one a day, once they scan it they will put it into a list, then send it out to dayz commander and such.

Its really the steamport, shit. That F*cked it up. They should have just gone with the 1 port. But they do the whole scan this port then switch to another. Really is f*cking retarded.

try putting in your config.cfg

steamport = 2300;
steamqueryport = 2301;

if your Server ip is 2302

make sure the lines are not already in your config file , you also have to fully refresh all servers to see your server on the favorites list , you could try using dayz launcher aswell that shows up right away

DayZ Launcher is working WAY better after this last update.  0.7 version seems to be quick and stable.  It recognizes what mods each server is running and loads them up correctly when starting the game.  It even prompts for a password on locked servers, which is more than I can say for Commander at this point.  

I have learned though that you need a couple things to get your server showing up right on Commander.  You MUST have the version info close to the front of your server description.  It CANNOT be close to the end like you used to be able to do.  So you should have something like, ABC Epoch Server (1.0.5.1/125548) blah blah blah blah......    Then it won't look greyed out like it sometimes does.  Also, make sure your Steam ports and Query ports are correct in your server.cfg file.  Your query port should be your game port +1, the steam port is your game port +2  (e.g., 2302 - game port, 2303 - SteamQuery, 2304 Steamport).  Worked like a charm for my server.

Your Steam port and Steamquery port can be anything you want. It doesn't need to be +1 and +2. 

Not true.  Sorry, Zed.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Port_Forwarding

I tried the random ports and could not get my server to appear in Commander or even in the Steam server browser.  After switching it to the +1 and +2 configuration it all worked fine.

Not true.  Sorry, Zed.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Port_Forwarding

I tried the random ports and could not get my server to appear in Commander or even in the Steam server browser.  After switching it to the +1 and +2 configuration it all worked fine.

I've used +1/+2 and -1/-2 and mine showed up just as infrequently with both in Dayz Commander. As a matter of fact, when my provider changed my ports to +1/+2 most of my players couldn't find my server until I changed the ports back to -1/-2 because of the caching system that DayzCommander uses. In DayzLauncher, they show up every time no matter what the steam ports. The ports on that page are just the default ports. They aren't required to be that.

Hello all,

So all was fine - servec was showing on all launchers - had players and new players joining all the time.

But we got a new IP. Ever since the server will not show on DZC. Nothing at all has changed but the ip. Still have the steamports in the config, etc.

Anyone have an idea?

Server info:

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/216.244.84.156:2302/

Having the exact same issue with commander after an ip change and i know it's very frustrating. Tried every combo of ports and messing with the name let them sit for a few days and nothing in commander. No players joining anymore. 

Having the exact same issue with commander after an ip change and i know it's very frustrating. Tried every combo of ports and messing with the name let them sit for a few days and nothing in commander. No players joining anymore. 

I feel your pain brother.