Assist Vehicle sold accidently at Stary Trader

BTFgator

Question

After finding Assist Vehicle, the yellow flatbed that allows "towing", i used it for two days.  Normal practice was to strap vehicle, deliver to trader, detach straps, usually removed vehicle from flatbed, but not always.  Everything always worked just fine.  Very happy with mod and the way everything is working.

This morning i ran into what must be a glitch of some sort.  i loaded a white Renault 6 passenger van onto the flatbed Assist and delivered to Stary Sobor Trade Center, detached straps.  Go to Trade Menu, see the Renault there highlighted in green like it should be.  Choose sell, and turn around to watch the Assist Vehicle disappear and sell.  i did receive 5 gold for it, like the Renault would do.  However, the Assist is not in any of the Trade Center Categories to sell.  i assume this was by design to keep these high value vehicles from being too protected.  Makes sense, creates good balance for the vehicle. 

But, why did the Assist sell?  There was no menu option to sell it, and i had clearly chosen the Renault.  Also, i was able to sell the Renault that was left sitting there after the Assist accidently sold with no problem.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Any idea HOW this would happen?

Any idea how to keep this from happening again?

This is an .ST server for what it is worth.

Look forward to comments/answers!

5 answers to this question

BTF Gator,

Is this vehicle able to "tow" normally without the tow/heli script?  From what I saw on my Epoch server, it gives all the options but I cannot for the life of me get a vehicle onto the back of this recovery vehicle.

The slides are down, I put the vehicle behind the slides so that all you would do normally is drive it on top of the tow truck or as in this case...use the attach straps command but nothing happens at all.

Please let me know how to get this to work....does the vehicle getting towed have to be able to drive on its own power (must have tires working)?

Is there a special location to place the towed vehicle by the assist truck?  All I ever get in response to attaching straps is:

There is no vehicle within 20 meters or something similar.

Thanks in advance...

I got this vehicle at the NWA and have tried unsuccessfully to tow vehicles with it....trying my best to place the towed vehicle anywhere close to the assist vehicle...including directly behind it with skids down - like you would do in real life...try to attach straps but it keeps saying no vehicle within like 20m of it...or something similar....cannot figure it out....what am I missing to get this to work?