Dogs

argenex

Question

Are dogs currently trainable or are they still wild? We're seeing many run around with personalized names but we have no menu to interact with them. I've tried searching for anything anywhere that might tell us what to look for, like a spawned dog house in a field to interact with, and so far no dice.

Thanks.

21 answers to this question

Dogs I think need to be turned on via adding this command into the "init.sqf" inside the mission bpo/folder.

dayz_tameDogs = true; 

I think its supposed to be added into/under the following area;

// DayZ Epoch config

Once you have done that repack & replace your bpo or replace files in the mission folder.

Please correct me if I am wrong, as I have not tested this.

Did this yesterday on our dev server (still waiting for DZC to have update) and it's working fine.

Add it underneath the zombie count line dayz_maxLocalZombies = 40; // Default = 40

dayz_tameDogs = true;

I haven't tested on z's yet. But when you tame them you have to have a meat in your main inventory as part of taming involves the dog eating it.

Next to your icons in the bottom right there will be 2 smaller food and drink icons for the dog. You can scroll and get a context menu when next to the dog with feed/bark etc.

Short vid - terrible quality though

On that note I've seen no tame options on any Lingor server.

Is Lingor a dogless society?

Ive found dog in lingor :D its usually hanging around large area with cows/goats to hunt for  and runways (or maybe it spawn randomly? xp)

btw Ive noticed the dog kinda of "disappear" when I went into a vehicle on my private server and have not seen any object deleted in my rpt  :D (maybe I missed it hmm, it takes time to tame for new dogs as it runs too fast restlessly, repeating the error takes time =.="")

Ive found dog in lingor :D its usually hanging around large area with cows/goats to hunt for  and runways (or maybe it spawn randomly? xp)

btw Ive noticed the dog kinda of "disappear" when I went into a vehicle on my private server and have not seen any object deleted in my rpt   :D (maybe I missed it hmm, it takes time to tame for new dogs as it runs too fast restlessly, repeating the error takes time =.="")

Ahh yes I see dogs but have not found a server where taming is an option.  No Lingor server Admins know how to get them working, so for now they just run free, mocking me with their carefree attitudes.

Dogs aren't overly complex at the moment it seems with them seeming to be unable to be hit by cars as well..

Roaming Dogs I would prefer be aggressive towards players if they come close enough, zombies and animals they come across, with even more skins added for wolves perhaps?

Once dogs are more refined as viable pets/best friends then they should become available to Buy via a vendor only.

Search for:

5 "dog_"

and change it to

1 "dog_"

It is not the best way, but i tried it also with

5 "dog_" !="z_dog_bark_" !"dog_callBack"

did not work.

And, the dogs are not working. They are just BRakng and Sit down. Other Options do not work.