[Solved & Ready] Skin Models Custom

Zupa

Question

20 answers to this question

It's not that hard.. You could try at least :P

I was going to do a complete guide to texturing things but yeah dunno if many people are interested :)

I probably would be able to make them, but i literally dont have the time to do so.

With a fulltime job as Mobile and Sofware developer i'm bussy all the day, in the evening and weekens i put most of my time in my girlfriend ( not only my time ;) ) and scripting the single currency and other scripts. Next to that i script full servers aswell ^^

I just dont have the time to do  anything where i need to put more effort into learning it ^^

I would love to see this on our server! Any guides?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectTexture

Some skins allows this, some not, depends if they have hiddentextures named selections. Default bambi skin supports these, was running around with pink outfit on my server yesterday. Think functionary skin also allows for this, I remember Takistan life had a script that let you change colors back in a day

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectTexture

Some skins allows this, some not, depends if they have hiddentextures named selections. Default bambi skin supports these, was running around with pink outfit on my server yesterday. Think functionary skin also allows for this, I remember Takistan life had a script that let you change colors back in a day

ya, colloring skins only is usefull for the Ghillie suit in my opinion. 

( side note, ghillie suit with my admin skin is awesome ^^  pic coming up in  a min)

the admins on the server run in these suits for a month now and it really helps in the administration of the server btw.

Really recommended

Anyone know how i can "setobjecttexture" make global ?

As far as i know the setobjecttextureglobal is only working in A3.

I think about doing a while {} which check the nearestentires for player which have a specific variable on them like "custom",4 and if the variable if set to 4 then setobjecttexture for this. but i dont know how i can get variables from the nearestentires......

It would be really nice if somone can explain me how i can get variables from the nearestentires or can show me a other methode >.<

greetz, 

stifler

Could I request some example code for reskinning outfits if possible?

This is what I use in server_monitor.sqf. Plus I change "_type" to "_class" in server_publishVehicle2.sqf and server_publishVehicle3.sqf. Doesn't work, whereas (motor) vehicles do.

if (_type == "SurvivorW2_DZ") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''#CORRECTLOCATION#''];';};
	processInitCommands; 	

Could I request some example code for reskinning outfits if possible?

This is what I use in server_monitor.sqf. Plus I change "_type" to "_class" in server_publishVehicle2.sqf and server_publishVehicle3.sqf. Doesn't work, whereas (motor) vehicles do.

if (_type == "SurvivorW2_DZ") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''#CORRECTLOCATION#''];';};
	processInitCommands; 	

not really sure if the Women 2 is skinable ^^

and my code still uses probably a not that good performance one ^^ ( no ini)

but since there only few admins skinned i dont really care about how i do it there ^^

Anyone know how i can "setobjecttexture" make global ?

As far as i know the setobjecttextureglobal is only working in A3.

I think about doing a while {} which check the nearestentires for player which have a specific variable on them like "custom",4 and if the variable if set to 4 then setobjecttexture for this. but i dont know how i can get variables from the nearestentires......

It would be really nice if somone can explain me how i can get variables from the nearestentires or can show me a other methode >.<

greetz, 

stifler

if u set a varaible with as 3th parameter true, it can be accessed by any other player

if u set a varaible with as 3th parameter true, it can be accessed by any other player

Yeah allready find it out yesterday ^^  i want to create a script where players can change their ghillie color via a self action first code:

player setObjectTexture [0, "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)"]; 
player setVariable ["customskin",1,true]; //1 would be the above color

And then for each player a while true, i know its not really performant but i think there would be no other way:

while {true} do {
_findNearestplayer = nearestObjects[player, ["Survivor2_DZ"],1000];
_player = _findNearestplayer select 0; //Dont know how i can do this with foreach with every player in the array
_getskin = _player getVariable "customskin";
if (isnil "_getskin") then {
diag_log format ["Custom skin is not set!"];
};
if (_getskin == 1) then {
_player setObjectTexture [0, "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)"];
};
};

of course this is working, but how i said i dont know how i do this with a foreach, tried it yesterday but got some errors.

Thought you did also a while loop ^^ ?

for admin skins that would be work, if you dont have more then 1 admin near you xD and for admins you can also set the range a bit lower something like 100 instead of 1000.

Yeah allready find it out yesterday ^^  i want to create a script where players can change their ghillie color via a self action first code:

player setObjectTexture [0, "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)"]; 
player setVariable ["customskin",1,true]; //1 would be the above color

And then for each player a while true, i know its not really performant but i think there would be no other way:

while {true} do {
_findNearestplayer = nearestObjects[player, ["Survivor2_DZ"],1000];
_player = _findNearestplayer select 0; //Dont know how i can do this with foreach with every player in the array
_getskin = _player getVariable "customskin";
if (isnil "_getskin") then {
diag_log format ["Custom skin is not set!"];
};
if (_getskin == 1) then {
_player setObjectTexture [0, "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)"];
};
};

of course this is working, but how i said i dont know how i do this with a foreach, tried it yesterday but got some errors.

Howhow, overkill xD

i'll make a guide xp