Game Crashing Suddenly Today, please read

DangerRuss

Ok so, ever since this new arma version, when Im in servers, occasionally (and it seems like this happens to other people as well) I get the solid yellow chain, then it goes to red, I get the timer like the timeout counter like what you get when the server is restarting.After about 15 seconds it comes back and Im fine. It'll say Im losing connection on the bottom left.

Well today, when this happens the game crashes and it says something like "arma2oa.ex - drive not ready" and it goes on to talk about my A drive possibly being open or something like that. A: Drive is my Floppy drive, which I dont even have. So I went into device manager and disabled my floppy drive. Now when I try and join a server I get a  \bin\config\ error about the female survivor clothes and the grey message pops up I cannot play or edit this mission it's dependent on downloadable content bla bla bla. Any idea?

Ok so, ever since this new arma version, when Im in servers, occasionally (and it seems like this happens to other people as well) I get the solid yellow chain, then it goes to red, I get the timer like the timeout counter like what you get when the server is restarting.After about 15 seconds it comes back and Im fine. It'll say Im losing connection on the bottom left.

Well today, when this happens the game crashes and it says something like "arma2oa.ex - drive not ready" and it goes on to talk about my A drive possibly being open or something like that. A: Drive is my Floppy drive, which I dont even have. So I went into device manager and disabled my floppy drive. Now when I try and join a server I get a  \bin\config\ error about the female survivor clothes and the grey message pops up I cannot play or edit this mission it's dependent on downloadable content bla bla bla. Any idea?

Seriously, I thought that red yellow chain 10 seconds was something only on my end :|

Did you verify everything with steam?

I have just been hit with the exact same error.  Havent tried disabling my non existent A drive.

Any suggestions are appreciated since this affects every instance of Arma 2 I try running.  Epoch, Overpoch and Wasteland. 

I timed the event and it happens after exactly 15 mins.  Every time.

Edit: Found that some people are experiencing the same on Arma 3 BP.  Thus making me think its our beloved BE acting up again.

Solved. Disabling the A drive was only half the battle for me. I had to then launch all of the arma's in order again to sync them, like you do on a first install. Ever since then, I haven't been seeing that red chain much either, plus no more crashing!

If you need help with this PM me!

Seriously, I thought that red yellow chain 10 seconds was something only on my end :|

Did you verify everything with steam?

Nah it's everyone since this last arma thing. Re-verifying was the ticket, you have to disable the A drive and then re-verify like a fresh install. Disabling the A drive seems to get rid of the losing connection issue as well.

how does one disable this a-drive?

This also seems to fix the issue where the game crashes when you go back to main menu.

To disable to A drive, assuming you're using windows,

• right click on Computer or My Computer
  • click properties
  • click device manager
  • click on floppy disk drives (plural)
  • should drop down to another "floppy disk drive" (singular)
  • right click on floppy disk drive (singular)
  • select driver tab
  • select disable
  • apply
  • profit

and again, for me I had to resync the games afterwards for whatever reason