What's your favorite map(s)?

cring0

Vote Best Map  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite map(s) to play on Epoch?

Vote your favs.  It's multiple choice so choose more than one if you wish.  If there's a map that I haven't listed, let me know. 

Break it down, tell us what you like about your favorite maps, compare, contrast, etc.

----

Ever since Napf released, I've been in love with it.  It's a very well rounded map.  However, I really haven't played too many other maps.

I ran a Panthera server for a couple months, but ditched it once Napf was released.

Sauerland is pretty cool, but way too big.  I guess it would be good for a straight up survival server, or maybe a server with heavy artillery and jets, etc.

Within the last few days I started playing on Lingor.  I wasn't all that attracted to it at first, it looked like it was just another Panthera, but I'm fairly impressed.  One of the only things I don't like, however, is how a lot of the doors to buildings aren't quite wide enough to fit a lot of character models and you have to vault to get into them.  I was considering starting a server with Lingor.. but I'm not so sure.

Takistan looks pretty cool too, I was flying around in the editor checking it out.  Never got around to playing Takistan Life.

Yeah Mercules, I really am digging Lingor.  I just wish they would have remodeled some of those military buildings that my fat ass can't fit into without a fight.  The other buildings are pretty awesome though, especially the 3 story houses.  Lots of places to build bases.  The map makes having an armed boat actually useful..  So many sniper vantages. =3  The vegetation is really dynamic, easier to hide in, yet it's not super thick.  Lots of divots and bumps and ditches and holes to use for cover or hide in.  Lots of towns and buildings just scattered all around.

Taviana is head and shoulders better than any other map in my opinion. Haven't played too many though =).

Yeah, I played Origins for about a year.  Taviana is a cool map, and I do kind of miss it, but it lacks some things too.  A few towns are pretty fun for PvP.  The map is pretty open though, the trees don't really offer cover, other than the huge mountains the land is really flat.  I played Overpoch on Taviana a little bit, but ended up going back to Napf.

Lol @ Falconsan voting for his own map. =P  From what I saw while playing Sauerland(like maybe 10% of the map lol), it really was well designed.  Especially the cities, lots of detail work.  It's a great map if you want to just be left alone to build your own little masterpiece.  For as big as the map was, there weren't too many buildings to loot from(though I think I played before they added the modded buildings), which is fine imo, lets us map editors enjoy adding things in the way we want them without cluttering things.  However, I don't think I could play without a pocket mozzie, or at least a toolbox bicycle.  I played on CCG for a while when it first came out and once I finally made it to a city, I wasn't going to bother venturing anywhere else lol.  Props though, you did a good job, I'm sure that was a ton of work.

I bet Sauerland would be perfect for dog fights. =3

Aerial dog fights..  ^_^

Lingor is my favourite looking map. Its just a pain that with maps and lots of water it can be a pain (swimming is too slow XD).

I stil vote Chernarus though as its much easier to script for and no parameters needed to join.

Yeah, I don't mind if I have to swim a relatively short distance, and in most cases it's not that far of a swim on Lingor.  I used to get stuck on islands in Origins Taviana all the time, now that sucked.  If someone could have made swimming a bit faster, Arma 2 DayZ would have been a lot better of an experience.

Biking is a bit of a pain on Lingor though lol.

Namalsk needs to be 2-3 times the size it is now. Still wins my single vote alone.

You know.. I think I'ma install Namalsk when I get home.  I played the mod/map like.. a year and a half ago or so.  I didn't even really get to explore the map much.

I remember looking at another map called Caribou, has anyone ever played on it?  It looked nice, though it's quite small isn't it?

I'ma check out Sahrani too.

You know.. I think I'ma install Namalsk when I get home.  I played the mod/map like.. a year and a half ago or so.  I didn't even really get to explore the map much.

I remember looking at another map called Caribou, has anyone ever played on it?  It looked nice, though it's quite small isn't it?

I'ma check out Sahrani too.

Give Namalsk Crisis a go, it is a SP/MP mission, it was the original mod that came out with it. Quite scary :D

Namalsk 2017 had a very dreary apocalypse thing going for it...I personally loved it, but since it didn't have the requisite over 9000 shiny guns, many other people skipped over it.

Caribou was alright, nothing in particular really stood out for me on that map though.

Sahrani seemed fun the time I tried it last year.

Ovaron im working or bringing it back from the dead.

That map looks interesting, almost designed the way Lingor is.  It looks a bit.. fantastical though, geographically speaking. =P  Not that that really matters.  I like these maps that make water ways useful.  However, after playing on Lingor, the landscapes of a lot of maps look so empty.  I really like the vegetation in Lingor.  I absolutely love the fact that you can lay down in tall grass and not be seen from 1000m away like just about every other map.  And some of the woods are so thick that you can't just drive through them.  Another thing I like about Lingor is that he set up the buildings so that you can move from the top of one building to another pretty easily.

I want to see a smaller map that is just pure metropolis, an island that is mostly just one big city.  Most of the buildings in Arma 2 are lacking though.  Can't wait to see new maps in Arma 3.