[Help] Custom Stalker clothing script

ThePurificationProject

Question

Hey!

Is there anyway someone could tell me how to script adding a skin to the player because I would like to take advantage of the new Overpoch stalker skins?

I was trying to make a script so that when you right click on a default skin like bandit, civilian etc and an option will appear to change your clothes to stalker camo.

Problem is I don't know any code to actually morph the player into that skin. I first thought that you could just replace the item in the players inventory with a stalker skin but then I realized there is no actual in game item for the stalker skin

So here's what I got so far I tried using this code from the Epoch forums. Will this work? Feedback would be great thanks and if you would like to see the rest of the code feel free to ask

[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"gsc_eco_stalker_mask_duty"] spawn player_humanityMorph;

Btw I'm using Maca's extra RC script to implement the option when you right click on the clothes which so far works.

6 answers to this question

i have been working on this as well but using the deploy anything script to add them to an existing parcel. I can get it to change the clothes and save after restart but no matter what after you change into a new skin you cannot change back into any other skin using parcels.  Not sure where to go with it from here.  I posted a help thread a couple days ago but so far no joy.  i can post up what i have  as of right now if its any use to you.

Hello All,

I am no expert but you'll need to make sure to add a new config to your player_wearClothes.sqf that calls a seperate skins.hpp so that no matter what skin_pkg you click on it has no choice but to change into that skin.

I have this working on my servers using the "deploy anything" addon.

I'll do a quick tutorial for this tonight. :)

STENCH 

Hello All,

I am no expert but you'll need to make sure to add a new config to your player_wearClothes.sqf that calls a seperate skins.hpp so that no matter what skin_pkg you click on it has no choice but to change into that skin.

STENCH 

Awesome  thanks Stench can't wait  :)

Awesome  thanks Stench can't wait   :)

Hello All,

STENCH 

If you could show me how to do this, that would be awesome I've struggled for the last few days trying to edit the player_wearclothes.sqf into a custom file of sorts but no luck. Sorry i am not the best at this but I would really appreciate this working! thanks