[Update #4] Automatic server installation script script for 1.0.5.1/126652 - please try it out!

• 2 weeks later...

I have considered it, I've spoken to Dwarden privately about it and I am not sure if it is worth the effort. The callExtension API will never be implemented in Linux Arma 2, which means that essentially the persistent world support in Linux will always be a buggy, ugly hack. In fact, Arma 2, as a product, is approaching the end of life. Most of the content has been ported to Arma 3, but as far as I can tell, Arma 3 Epoch is nothing like the Arma 2 one and it isn't very interesting to me as a game.

The stock Epoch mod needs to be modified to work on a Linux server. The installer project is not the issue; it's the changes in the stock mod that is.

1.0.5.1 linux version is denisio's modification of the original Epoch mod that also adds some of its own customizations. The original has since been heavily updated, including the updates from the underlying DayZ mod, so the versions have diverged heavily and I don't see an update path based on 1.0.5.1, which means I need to take the 1.0.6.1 version and adjust it to Linux persistence from scratch, which probably also mean I'll have to rewrite the persistence part as well, and probably enter some sort of agreement with Epoch developers on adjusting the codebase to support both Linux and Windows long term.

Considering the dirty nature of BI SQF, multiplied by hackishness of the Epoch mod, this is ought to be a huge amount of work. I am considering doing this but I am not entirely convinced it's worth my time. What's worse, since I haven't touched Arma 2 scripting for a long while, I have forgotten how most of it works and I'll need some time to reacquaint with it.

• 2 weeks later...

What exactly is epoch 1.0.6+. Is this community work for including some mods/scripts or was that still released by the Epoch team?
I think I've stopped working with 1.0.5.1 (long ago ;) ) but contributed a bit fixing issues and also added features like 'spawn as a zombie' or 'gender selection' for the devd linux version at these times.
Basically that was all done by writer.pl which parses the server dump file for specific messages to then write stuff to the db. But as mentioned above the BI scripting language is really awful and nothing goes fast.
But maybe if there is a kind of team I will remember some things and also like to contribute here. Not yet sure if any effort still makes sense.