Spawning Problems

SilverWind252

Question

Hey! 

For some reason my server has went onto it's head :/ It was running fine a while back but yesterday my friend and I had trouble spawning in after a restart :| We were in the game normally, but after the server restarted, we joined back, we got back the verification and downloading player data, but we get stuck on the "DayZ Overpoch" Screen, we can hear sounds around us (I was getting mauled by zombies) and we could hear our selves walk? Any idea what it could be? :c

5 answers to this question

That problem is usually a result of a script that was installed incorrectly, and by incorrectly I mean there is usually some trivial error in one of the scripts or one script may not be being called correctly and it is causing your issue. Whatever recent updates you did to the server, roll them back by removing them, or disabling the call, or restoring your backed up files and see if the problem still occurs, keep doing that until you find whatever script your installed is causing your issue. Once you have done that you can retrace your steps and try to find where things went wrong. If I had a nickle for every time this very issue has happened to me I'd be living in the Playboy Mansion.

That problem is usually a result of a script that was installed incorrectly, and by incorrectly I mean there is usually some trivial error in one of the scripts or one script may not be being called correctly and it is causing your issue. Whatever recent updates you did to the server, roll them back by removing them, or disabling the call, or restoring your backed up files and see if the problem still occurs, keep doing that until you find whatever script your installed is causing your issue. Once you have done that you can retrace your steps and try to find where things went wrong. If I had a nickle for every time this very issue has happened to me I'd be living in the Playboy Mansion.

Thanks! Will do

Is there a way to look at the RPT to identify the offending script or do I have to debug everything>