[Release] Wicked AI 2.2.0

f3cuk

Awesome mission system btw

However i've noticed that when the mission times out the ai stay ?

Any quick solution to fix this or wait for next update ?

Great additions, thanks very much my player base love these missions

I am however getting this also that AI stay if mission times out

I have set the mission despawn timer higher on my server, this way the mission will never timeout

Probably the easiest fix in the meantime, just means mission will stay on the map until next server restart or until someone completes it

Hey all.. Everything works great except I cannot get the AI to equip and use RPGs. This is important because my players are using LAV's to go and destroy these missions without having any AI fire at them. I do have wai_use_launchers set to true. Any ideas? I am running 1.0.5.1. Thanks!

This thing needs its own forum ... I dont want to filter through 57 pages to find some fixes that might help for some issues that I am having. For example missions not getting cleared.

It could do with somewhere with info on making custom/static missions. For bugs, suggestions, etc github is best.

Are you completing the mission then leaving the area for the cleanup time then returning to check? I think that is how it works.

Hey, I LOVE THE NEW WAI!

I gave a suggested mission idea.

I need to report a possible bug, the AI are appearing on the map at random with no mission ellipse nor a crate or a reason.

I have no .RPT as everything appears normal, but in game.

I run default till the next release.

It looks good I like the and the [H] missions, you have done what I have asked for within another mod non-related to Epoch, *cough origins!

Keep working with this it's going in the greatest direction! GOOD WORK!

It could do with somewhere with info on making custom/static missions. For bugs, suggestions, etc github is best.

Are you completing the mission then leaving the area for the cleanup time then returning to check? I think that is how it works.

Missions are vanilla nothing has been changed on those, people do the mission, killing all AI/implaced weapons, they go to the crate and nothing happens. I looked for stray AI with admin tools but there are none.

Loaded this on my test server and am getting this error in my server RTP any one else ? or any one know how to fix :

15:12:15 Error in expression < getVariable["actionSet", false];

if (!_actionSet) then {
s_player_holderPickup>
15:12:15   Error position: <_actionSet) then {
s_player_holderPickup>
15:12:15   Error Undefined variable in expression: _actionset
15:12:15 File z\addons\dayz_code\init\object_BackpackAction.sqf, line 13

Thanks

MegaZ

Also get these and lots more in client RTP

WARNING: Function 'name' - 48a41c80# 982356: uh1h.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:14903
WARNING: Function 'name' - 45d11aa0# 982359: hooker.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:14912
- person
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 45d0ee90# 982361: loc_soldier02.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:14918
- person
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 45cffc30# 982363: tk_soldier_medic.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:14922
- person
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 4bc49ab0# 982366: loc_soldier02.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:14993
- person
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 4bc4b0c0# 982367: tk_soldier_medic.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:14995
- person
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 4b976160# 982410: woman_bandit.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:15302
- person
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 3593eb30# 982463: prizrak.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:15739
- person
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 35940130# 982465: soldier.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:15744
- person
- dead
WARNING: Function 'name' - 39ecc720# 982467: annie_original.p3d REMOTE has no unit
- network id 2:15747

Missions are vanilla nothing has been changed on those, people do the mission, killing all AI/implaced weapons, they go to the crate and nothing happens. I looked for stray AI with admin tools but there are none.

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the AI not being cleaned up.

Do you get the message to say that the mission is complete? Which mission(s) its it exactly? Anything in your logs?

F3cuk I'm getting a strange issue where after some restarts only one type of mission spawns for that whole restart, like only Bandit or only Hero and it seems random from restart to restart which one it'll do, sometimes it'll work perfectly and both types of missions will run, there's nothing in the logs to show why either, any ideas?

Also you said there's a way to make roaming AI by setting static patrols using a function to find a random position, I've searched the thread for it but can't seem to find where you posted the code, do you remember that?

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the AI not being cleaned up.

Do you get the message to say that the mission is complete? Which mission(s) its it exactly? Anything in your logs?

No message that it is cleared, nothing in the RPT logs. I think the trigger condition or so is just broken

Ural Attack, Destroyed Ural, Medical Camp, and some others aswell I think.

Tried the fixes for those mission that are proposed in the thread, at least the ones I could find.

Recreated the hemp mission that was added to this thread earlier on, confirmed working - can't harvest the hemp plants but it does add 20Kg's to the crate so the plants are mostly just there for effect. Create a file called hemp_farm.sqf, paste the mission into it, put it in the WAI\Missions\hero folder then in the config.sqf add "hemp_farm" with a percentage to the hero missions, just make sure all the percentages add up to 100% again, save, upload to your server pbo and enjoy.

if(isServer) then {

private ["_baserunover","_mission","_directions","_position","_crate","_crate_type","_num"];

// Get a safe position 80 meters from the nearest object
_position = [70] call find_position;

// Initialise the mission variable with the following options, [position, difficulty, mission name, mission type (MainHero/Mainbandit), minefield (true or false)] call mission_init;
_mission = [_position,"medium","Hemp Farm","MainHero",true] call mission_init;

diag_log format["WAI: Mission Hemp Farm started at %1",_position];

//Setup the crate
_crate_type = crates_medium call BIS_fnc_selectrandom; // Choose between crates_large, crates_medium and crates_small
_crate = createVehicle [_crate_type,[(_position select 0),(_position select 1),0],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];

// The plants
_plant1 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 6,(_position select 1) + 12,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant2 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 6,(_position select 1) + 6,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant3 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 6,(_position select 1),0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant4 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 6,(_position select 1) - 6,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant5 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 6,(_position select 1) - 12,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant6 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 12,(_position select 1) + 12,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant7 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 12,(_position select 1) + 6,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant8 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 12,(_position select 1),0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant9 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 12,(_position select 1) - 6,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant10 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 12,(_position select 1) - 12,0], [], 0, "NONE"];

// Some huts
_baserunover0 = createVehicle ["mbg_slum03h_EO",[(_position select 0) + 4, (_position select 1),0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_baserunover1 = createVehicle ["mbg_slum01e_EO",[(_position select 0), (_position select 1) + 4,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

// One variable just for tidiness
_baserunover = [_baserunover0,_baserunover1];
_plant = [_plant1,_plant2,_plant3,_plant4,_plant5,_plant6,_plant7,_plant8,_plant9,_plant10];

// Directions for the buildings
_directions = [90,0];
{ _x setDir (_directions select _forEachIndex) } forEach _baserunover;

// Make buildings flat on terrain surface
{ _x setVectorUp surfaceNormal position _x; } count _baserunover;

// Group Spawns
_num = round (random 3) + 4;
[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],_num,"medium",["random","at"],4,"random","bandit","random","bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;
[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],4,"medium",["random","at"],4,"random","bandit","random","bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;
[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],4,"medium",["random","aa"],4,"random","bandit","random","bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;

// Vehicle Patrol
[[(_position select 0) + 50, _position select 1, 0],[(_position select 0) + 50, _position select 1, 0],200,5,"Offroad_DSHKM_Gue_DZE","random","bandit","bandit",_mission] call vehicle_patrol;

// Gun Emplacements
[[[(_position select 0) - 20, (_position select 1) + 20, 0]],"BAF_GPMG_Minitripod_W","medium","bandit","bandit",0,2,"random","random",_mission] call spawn_static;
[[[(_position select 0) + 20, (_position select 1) - 20, 0]],"BAF_GPMG_Minitripod_W","medium","bandit","bandit",0,2,"random","random",_mission] call spawn_static;
[[[(_position select 0) + 20, (_position select 1) + 20, 0]],"BAF_GPMG_Minitripod_W","medium","bandit","bandit",0,2,"random","random",_mission] call spawn_static;
[[[(_position select 0) - 20, (_position select 1) - 20, 0]],"BAF_GPMG_Minitripod_W","medium","bandit","bandit",0,2,"random","random",_mission] call spawn_static;

// Mission objective options and messages
_complete = [
[_mission,_crate], // mission variable (from line 9) and crate
["crate"], // Mission objective type (["crate"], or ["kill",wai_kill_percent], or ["assassinate", _assassinate])
[_baserunover,_plant], // buildings to cleanup after mission is complete, does not include the crate
"An informant has spotted a hemp farm run by bandits!", // mission announcement
"The hemp farm has been taken by survivors!", // mission success
"The bandits have been notified that their location was given away and have moved" // mission fail
] call mission_winorfail;

if(_complete) then {
[_crate,8,10,2,2] call dynamic_crate;
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemKiloHemp", 20];
};

// End of mission
diag_log format["WAI: Mission hemp farm ended at %1 ended",_position];

h_missionrunning = false;
};

Recreated the hemp mission that was added to this thread earlier on, confirmed working - can't harvest the hemp plants but it does add 20Kg's to the crate so the plants are mostly just there for effect. Create a file called hemp_farm.sqf, paste the mission into it, put it in the WAI\Missions\hero folder then in the config.sqf add "hemp_farm" with a percentage to the hero missions, just make sure all the percentages add up to 100% again, save, upload to your server pbo and enjoy.

if(isServer) then {

private ["_baserunover","_mission","_directions","_position","_crate","_crate_type","_num"];

// Get a safe position 80 meters from the nearest object
_position = [70] call find_position;

// Initialise the mission variable with the following options, [position, difficulty, mission name, mission type (MainHero/Mainbandit), minefield (true or false)] call mission_init;
_mission = [_position,"medium","Hemp Farm","MainHero",true] call mission_init;

diag_log format["WAI: Mission Hemp Farm started at %1",_position];

//Setup the crate
_crate_type = crates_medium call BIS_fnc_selectrandom; // Choose between crates_large, crates_medium and crates_small
_crate = createVehicle [_crate_type,[(_position select 0),(_position select 1),0],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];

// The plants
_plant1 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 6,(_position select 1) + 12,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant2 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 6,(_position select 1) + 6,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant3 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 6,(_position select 1),0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant4 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 6,(_position select 1) - 6,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant5 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 6,(_position select 1) - 12,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant6 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 12,(_position select 1) + 12,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant7 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 12,(_position select 1) + 6,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant8 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 12,(_position select 1),0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant9 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 12,(_position select 1) - 6,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
_plant10 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 12,(_position select 1) - 12,0], [], 0, "NONE"];

// Some huts
_baserunover0 = createVehicle ["mbg_slum03h_EO",[(_position select 0) + 4, (_position select 1),0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_baserunover1 = createVehicle ["mbg_slum01e_EO",[(_position select 0), (_position select 1) + 4,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

// One variable just for tidiness
_baserunover = [_baserunover0,_baserunover1];
_plant = [_plant1,_plant2,_plant3,_plant4,_plant5,_plant6,_plant7,_plant8,_plant9,_plant10];

// Directions for the buildings
_directions = [90,0];
{ _x setDir (_directions select _forEachIndex) } forEach _baserunover;

// Make buildings flat on terrain surface
{ _x setVectorUp surfaceNormal position _x; } count _baserunover;

// Group Spawns
_num = round (random 3) + 4;
[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],_num,"medium",["random","at"],4,"random","bandit","random","bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;
[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],4,"medium",["random","at"],4,"random","bandit","random","bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;
[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],4,"medium",["random","aa"],4,"random","bandit","random","bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;

// Vehicle Patrol
[[(_position select 0) + 50, _position select 1, 0],[(_position select 0) + 50, _position select 1, 0],200,5,"Offroad_DSHKM_Gue_DZE","random","bandit","bandit",_mission] call vehicle_patrol;

// Gun Emplacements
[[[(_position select 0) - 20, (_position select 1) + 20, 0]],"BAF_GPMG_Minitripod_W","medium","bandit","bandit",0,2,"random","random",_mission] call spawn_static;
[[[(_position select 0) + 20, (_position select 1) - 20, 0]],"BAF_GPMG_Minitripod_W","medium","bandit","bandit",0,2,"random","random",_mission] call spawn_static;
[[[(_position select 0) + 20, (_position select 1) + 20, 0]],"BAF_GPMG_Minitripod_W","medium","bandit","bandit",0,2,"random","random",_mission] call spawn_static;
[[[(_position select 0) - 20, (_position select 1) - 20, 0]],"BAF_GPMG_Minitripod_W","medium","bandit","bandit",0,2,"random","random",_mission] call spawn_static;

// Mission objective options and messages
_complete = [
[_mission,_crate], // mission variable (from line 9) and crate
["crate"], // Mission objective type (["crate"], or ["kill",wai_kill_percent], or ["assassinate", _assassinate])
[_baserunover,_plant], // buildings to cleanup after mission is complete, does not include the crate
"An informant has spotted a hemp farm run by bandits!", // mission announcement
"The hemp farm has been taken by survivors!", // mission success
"The bandits have been notified that their location was given away and have moved" // mission fail
] call mission_winorfail;

if(_complete) then {
[_crate,8,10,2,2] call dynamic_crate;
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemKiloHemp", 20];
};

// End of mission
diag_log format["WAI: Mission hemp farm ended at %1 ended",_position];

h_missionrunning = false;
};

Why can't you harvest the hemp? I made one vey similar to this for DZMS and they are harvest able. Think it even used the same call for the plants:

"_plant1 = createVehicle ["fiberplant",[(_position select 0) - 6,(_position select 1) + 12,0], [], 0, "NONE"];"

Maybe it is the harvest script being used that won't let you harvest? I'll test this on my server tonight when I get home from work. 

Also, I saw a post a while back that someone said there was a way to make the map spawned plants harvestable, anyone know what that is?

EDIT:

Have installed the mission and I am able to harvest the weedplants.

I'm using only the hemp.sqf & smokeshit.sqf from this script:

Im also NOT using Maca's right click system. I already had the and added my right click options in the config.sqf from that under DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS

And finally i used the random weed field on reboot script here

Instead of having 4 different instances of the same mission, I am attempting to randomly choose the difficulty.

Is there a more efficient way other than what I have:

_dice_diff = round (random 100);

//Determine the Difficulty Level
    if (_dice_diff > 75) then {
        _difficulty = "Extreme";
    };
    if (_dice_diff < 75) then {
        _difficulty = "Hard";
    };
    if (_dice_diff < 50) then {
        _difficulty = "Medium";
    };
    if (_dice_diff < 25) then {
        _difficulty = "Easy";
    };

No they will be removed when the mission times out.

Yes, this is due to the fact that when a player is/gets inside the predefined area, the mission timer gets reset to prevent the mission timing out whenever a player is in the area. We have changed this behaviour in the upcoming version so the timer does not get reset and the mission despawns whenever the player leaves the area.

Man this has become a pretty big priority for me or I may have to disable and wait until it's fixed/tweaked.

WqWMsP8.png

My Lingor map which is still populating literally has probably 100-200 AI just hanging out at any given time. This is just a small example of one section of the map lol