[Release] Wicked AI 2.2.0

f3cuk

How would someone setup a (for instance) Apache formation of 2 choppers (kinda like in Orgins) that randomly patrol or staticly patrol the map from server start to restart without a player causing the action to take place.. Also have the chopper attack any moving vehicle or player if moving in its Attack range....

Just thought it would be a good thing for players that just like to fly around with nothing to worry about...

Is there a way to make the static spawn AI i have set up not attack the custom trader near them?

It may work in 2.2.0 beta for hero or bandit traders, im not sure though since its humanity based and dont think the traders have a set humanity. Could be very wrong though. May i ask why you have Ai at a trader?? My best guess it has better deals and the players need to earn them?

Indeed. Extremely high end choppers is all he sells. He is a neutral trader so anyone can interact, but I have AI all around him, and they constantly attack him, providing a distraction so players can sneak in and get some kills before the other AI notice. I could move the trader, but then I'd have to make him humanity based, and, add a second one.

@f3cuk

Our players reported that missions wont quit correctly after killing all AI, no purple smoke, mines still active, no loot.

happens to bandit and hero missions.

i doublecheckd that myself and got the same. from 5 missions 4 arent working.

Indeed. Extremely high end choppers is all he sells. He is a neutral trader so anyone can interact, but I have AI all around him, and they constantly attack him, providing a distraction so players can sneak in and get some kills before the other AI notice. I could move the trader, but then I'd have to make him humanity based, and, add a second one.

Another idea, traders dont have to be people.. you can spawn in a laptop or anything for that matter.  Just need a custom fnselfactions.

find  //All Traders

and change the line directly underneath it too:

if ((_isMan || _cursorTarget isKindOf "MAP_vending_machine") && !_isPZombie && _traderType in serverTraders) then {

then change MAP_vending_machine to whatever you want to interact with and replace the AI in your servertraders.sqf/mission.sqf with the same.

In the mission SQF completely remove the AI template and use a building template from the cave and change the classname and coords to your liking.

Fantastic idea. I'm going to make that change. Thanks!

No problem, glad I could help =]

LOL IDK why i said use a template from the cave. Its taviana getting to my head for sure. But any building call from the mission.sqf will work for a template.

i've notice that after a while i'm not getting any more mission spawns. I'm wondering if I'm running through all of my missions in  1/4 time due to my time acceleration mod, which changes server time. I'm going to try extending the amount of time between missions. Is there a set number that should run in a set amount of time, or should the missions run continually run and never stop (within the constraints of the timers of course.

Great missions, going down very well on our server. 

I have a weapons crate guarded by AI that respawns the loot after every server restart, it seems though the AI shoot at the crate and destroy it, any ideas how to stop this?

P.s

I have also just noticed, when my custom AI spawn in they do so 1 at a time but the first one who spawns in shoots and kills all the other AI as they are spawning in,

Thanks

i've notice that after a while i'm not getting any more mission spawns. I'm wondering if I'm running through all of my missions in  1/4 time due to my time acceleration mod, which changes server time. I'm going to try extending the amount of time between missions. Is there a set number that should run in a set amount of time, or should the missions run continually run and never stop (within the constraints of the timers of course.

I thought i read somewhere that WAI wasnt effected by the accelerator mod. Maybe im wrong. But the missions should continually spawn throughout the uptime duration. I havent done much adjusting to WAI's timers. But i did notice on DZMS

(not sure what characteristics the 2 systems share but im pretty sure they have a like timer/marker function) and when you make the times too far apart (for acceleration purposes of whatever) it doesnt seem to read it properly.

They start spawning on top of each other the moment the other is cleared, and after a few missions spawn/clear they stop working.  

Installed Beta 2.2.0 on my server. Players are complaining about vehicles they get from missions. They say that after server restart the vehicle is damaged. They'll repair it, and on restart it's damaged again.

Looking through my RPT file I see this:

7:41:29 Error in expression <ith " + str(_fuel) + " fuel and " + str(_damage) + " damage."); };

_vehicle set>
 7:41:29   Error position: <_damage) + " damage."); };

_vehicle set>
 7:41:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: _damage
 7:41:29 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\compile\custom_publish_vehicle.sqf, line 86

I'm also seeing this error in my RPT, but not sure if it's related:

8:07:10 Error in expression <r getVariable["lastPos",_charPos];

if (count _lastPos > 2 && count _charPos > 2>
 8:07:10   Error position: <count _lastPos > 2 && count _charPos > 2>
 8:07:10   Error count: Type Number, expected Array,Config entry
 8:07:10 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerSync.sqf, line 66

Any help would be appreciated.

I thought i read somewhere that WAI wasnt effected by the accelerator mod. Maybe im wrong. But the missions should continually spawn throughout the uptime duration. I havent done much adjusting to WAI's timers. But i did notice on DZMS

(not sure what characteristics the 2 systems share but im pretty sure they have a like timer/marker function) and when you make the times too far apart (for acceleration purposes of whatever) it doesnt seem to read it properly.

They start spawning on top of each other the moment the other is cleared, and after a few missions spawn/clear they stop working.  

I'll have to turn it off and see. I know i'm getting an error on the Mayors mission

0:54:47 Error in expression <ect 0;

_room = (6 + ceil(random(3)));
_mayor_himself disableAI "MOVE";
_mayor_>
 0:54:47   Error position: <_mayor_himself disableAI "MOVE";
_mayor_>
 0:54:47   Error Undefined variable in expression: _mayor_himself
 0:54:47 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\missions\hero\mayors_mansion.sqf, line 30

Looks like my missions are stopping spawning after this one. I'm going to remove it and see what's up, but I'm sure I haven't messed with any of the missions at all yet.

Installed Beta 2.2.0 on my server. Players are complaining about vehicles they get from missions. They say that after server restart the vehicle is damaged. They'll repair it, and on restart it's damaged again.

Looking through my RPT file I see this:

7:41:29 Error in expression <ith " + str(_fuel) + " fuel and " + str(_damage) + " damage."); };

_vehicle set>
 7:41:29   Error position: <_damage) + " damage."); };

_vehicle set>
 7:41:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: _damage
 7:41:29 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\compile\custom_publish_vehicle.sqf, line 86

I'm also seeing this error in my RPT, but not sure if it's related:

8:07:10 Error in expression <r getVariable["lastPos",_charPos];

if (count _lastPos > 2 && count _charPos > 2>
 8:07:10   Error position: <count _lastPos > 2 && count _charPos > 2>
 8:07:10   Error count: Type Number, expected Array,Config entry
 8:07:10 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerSync.sqf, line 66

Any help would be appreciated.

I am also seeing this first error (not the second). I did notice that the format of the vehicle spawn changed recently and have updated all my missions, however that has not helped with this error.

To clarify, this is occurring in the bandit folder, armed_vehicle.sqf mission.

I would request (if possible) that an error such as this would not cause the mission queue to stop.

Missions are not spawning on my overpoch server any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also having this problem. Please help! I have followed the instructions to the letter, but the missions are not spawning. Nothing in the arma2oaserver.rpt referencing it either. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Did you guys turn on the missions in the config?