[Release] Wicked AI 2.2.0

f3cuk

Installed the 2.2.0 Beta on my server. It'll go live in 9 minutes when it restarts. Anyone interested in trying it out can join.

Put coins on the AI as well. Each AI unit has a random amount between 0 and 20000.

TARFU Overpoch Taviana - Coins | Missions | Snap Build | Vector Build | Group Management

64.46.9.98:2302

Additional Launch Parameter: -mod=@Taviana;@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;

Version 2.2.0:

0:04:26 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\customsettings.sqf not found

I did not have this file, even not in version 2.14

There's no such file, that's why it can't find it.

Try and find what's running it, should help narrow down the problem, if you updated then see if it's an old outdated file.

This is actually something we have added to ensure you don't have to redo your config.sqf when you update. If you add all your enhancements (changes to config.sqf) in a file called customsettings.sqf it will overwrite the ones set in config.sqf and thus making sure you don't need to redo them everytime you update Wicked AI.

The warning message can be ignored and wont do any harm.

This is actually something we have added to ensure you don't have to redo your config.sqf when you update. If you add all your enhancements (changes to config.sqf) in a file called customsettings.sqf it will overwrite the ones set in config.sqf and thus making sure you don't need to redo them everytime you update Wicked AI.

The warning message can be ignored and wont do any harm.

Any instructions on how this should be used? I'm in the process of setting my preferred settings in the config.sqf and would rather put them where they should be with this new file.

Just add a file called customsettings.sqf to your main WAI folder and add all the settings that you are changing. e.g.

wai_mission_timeout = [400,1200];
        wai_avoid_town = 50;
        wai_avoid_road = 30;
        wai_server_fps = 15;

etc.

Love the updates as usual, but I was wondering, I run a PVE server, so no bandits. So for remove humanity I have it set at 0, would there be a way to make all of the missions bandit missions? Or something else similar, thanks!

If you go in to your mission folder and find the spawn arrays and change all instances of "hero" to "bandit" and it will add humanity vs remove it It will also pick skins from the bandit array as well.(im not sure which is which as bandit or hero appear 2 times in each array So if you care to leave some hero skins up for grabs you'll have to do a slight amount of testing) . Also want to find the announcements and edit them as well to reduce any confusion.

ALSO

You could simply backup and remove the hero missions and move half of the bandit missions to the folder and edit the config to look for the right missions in the right folders to keep from same missions spawning at same time and playing them out.

I will work on the dynamic missions the next days, which include the convoy missions ...

what do you mean by saing "convoy"? afaik missions are limited to a radius/specific area,

so i hope i am wrong and you are about to put a mission together where a truck is moving from one location to another (ie city to city).

Question about AI behavior. I'm using a Time acceleration script from here When a day is compressed the missions spawn much faster, which I know is not difficult to fix, but would this type of addon which affects mission time change AI behavior as well, effectively speeding up the time between their actions? If so how would I go about adjusting that as I want my server to have 4 hour days.

I just installed this and am loving it so far great work.

we are a little disappointed in community effort generate more content. Our main goal for 2.2.0. was extra missions, since we're both on very little time it's not something we can do ourselves.

Well i do have a few ideas for some missions and it looks simple enough so i will give them a shot.

what do you mean by saing "convoy"? afaik missions are limited to a radius/specific area,

so i hope i am wrong and you are about to put a mission together where a truck is moving from one location to another (ie city to city).

Exactly from one point to another, the original convoy which drives on roads to its target, maybe its possible to include that they set up a camp if they are able to reach their target, so that the mission wouldn't simply fail 

WICKED AI BETA 2.2.0

Hi all, yes we are still alive. And yes we still plan on releasing 2.2.0, but first things first which means we are releasing the Beta 2.2.0. All of the work on this has been done by Jossy so all credits go to him.Since this is a Beta your best bet is not to use it in a production environment until fully tested. That being said, we have successfully ran 2.2.0 on our live server for a few weeks now and would like to get some extra input from the community. Since multiple mission support is introduced in this release and with the knowledge that AI tends to be pretty CPU intensive, we are mainly looking for extra info performance wise.

Thanks to Havoc 302 we were able to add another mission. Yet, truth be told, we are a little disappointed in community effort generate more content. Our main goal for 2.2.0. was extra missions, since we're both on very little time it's not something we can do ourselves.

Anyway, have fun with this one and please report any issues found!

Release BETA 2.2.0

• Multiple mission support
  • Option: Locked vehicles with keys randomly on AI
  • Option: Friendly AI
  • Automatic ammo finder (no need to specify ammo in weaponarray - config.sqf)
  • Added: Bandit Patrol mission (Havoc302)
  • Updated all missions for better AT support
  • General code enhancements

Upcoming in 2.2.0+

• C130 Missions
  • More missions
  • Dynamic loot revisited

Version history

• 16-10-2014 : BETA release (2.2.0)
  • 03-09-2014 : Minor bugfixes (2.1.4)
  • 03-09-2014 : Minor bugfixes (2.1.3)
  • 02-09-2014 : Minor bugfixes and improvements (2.1.2)
  • 01-09-2014 : Minor bugfixes (2.1.1)
  • 31-08-2014 : Release (2.1.0)
  • 26-08-2014 : BETA release (2.1.0)
  • 24-08-2014 : Minor bugfixes (2.0.5)
  • 20-08-2014 : Minor bugfixes (2.0.4)
  • 20-08-2014 : Minor bugfixes (2.0.3)
  • 19-08-2014 : Minor bugfixes (2.0.2)
  • 17-08-2014 : Minor bugfixes (2.0.1)
  • 17-08-2014 : Major update to (2.0.0)
  • 13-08-2014 : Added anti abuse options (1.9.3)
  • 12-08-2014 : Normalization update (1.9.2)
  • 12-08-2014 : Bugfix medi camp (1.9.1)
  • 09-08-2014 : Major dynamic update (1.9.0)
  • 03-08-2014 : Bugfix MV22 mission (1.8.2)
  • 02-08-2014 : Restructured and code cleaned (1.8.1)

Installation Instructions

• Unpack dayz_server.pbo
  • Open the download and extract the WAI folder to your dayz_server directory
  • In server_monitor.sqf find allowConnection = true; add above ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\init.sqf";
  • Repack dayz_server.pbo

Github

This project has been published on Github and development will be ongoing there. Git(hub) helps keeping things in one place. Any issues with this mod can both be posted either there or in this topic (however we'd slightly prefer over there).

Download

Wicked AI BETA 2.2.0

sounds epic, will the future c130 missions be static to airfields? if so what maps are covered and will it be as simple as changing coords to my preference? 

Exactly from one point to another, the original convoy which drives on roads to its target, maybe its possible to include that they set up a camp if they are able to reach their target, so that the mission wouldn't simply fail 

looking forward to this,

i currently setting up a mission which takes place in and around cherno... heavily guarded by rooftop snipers and several mg. asap i am satisfied, i like to share it with you guys.

greetings ryker.

This might be a dumb question on my part, but is it possible to have dynamic AI with WAI, I know I can do ones that spawn static an then roam, but can they be set to spawn based on player location, and despawn when they aren't around?

Trying to keep my server from being too loaded down with AI for players to get good frame rates

@chaingun: i have dzai installed for this. until now dzai, wia and dzms are workin good together. you've got the option to set "free for all" which results in little ai-fights.

EDIT:

Can anyone please tell me how and where to use "unitName enableGunLights true" when its dark,

players report that it is hard to find AI when its night.