[Release] Wicked AI 2.2.0

f3cuk

There seems to be a problem with the custom vehicle publish not saving vehicles to the database. I'll look into it, i've been pushing updates to the testbranch which i will actually start testing now and hopefully be able to release an updated BETA tonight.

There seems to be a problem with the custom vehicle publish not saving vehicles to the database. I'll look into it, i've been pushing updates to the testbranch which i will actually start testing now and hopefully be able to release an updated BETA tonight.

That would be awesome :)

Alot of missions are starting up here on the map thought I would point it out

X3pOmb4.jpg

Also ifound out

Once completing the mission it says started in the logs times location etc etc ....

But you finish it and it dosent come up about 10 / 5 minute later saying finished in the logs

Cant be my server as im on the test server :/

Played 2.1.0 beta, last version.

1. On mission "mayors mansion" two players see living dead bot. He dead, no fire, but he stand and gushes blood when fire him.
2. Enabled RPG in config. It's too bad, 40% - bots with rpg, but no weapon. Or on hero mission - no rpg at all. Or no weapon and RPG at all. Bots with RPG no shoot troops - make your own conclusions...

Sorry for my bad english

Played 2.1.0 beta, last version.

1. On mission "mayors mansion" two players see living dead bot. He dead, no fire, but he stand and gushes blood when fire him.

2. Enabled RPG in config. It's too bad, 40% - bots with rpg, but no weapon. Or on hero mission - no rpg at all. Or no weapon and RPG at all. Bots with RPG no shoot troops - make your own conclusions...

Sorry for my bad english

Hi RainRay,

Your first problem seems like an ARMA bug that sometimes happens, not much we can do about that. About the RPG's, right now it adds 1 RPG per group. Depending on group size this would normally not exceed 25% of all spawned AI. It is true that RPG do not engage troops, this - again - is something that ARMA has come up with. Much in the same way as normal AI not shooting at armed vehicles, RPG's won't shoot at troops. If you think about it this is actually only logical cause why would they waste their precious rockets on infantry? I think maybe Battlefield has given us a wrong impression as to what RPG are meant for, Wiki however seems a bit more down to earth.

A rocket-propelled grenade (often abbreviated RPG) is a shoulder-fired, anti-tank weapon system that fires rockets equipped with an explosive warheads. These warheads are affixed to a rocket motor and stabilized in flight with fins. Some types of RPG are reloadable, while others are single-use. RPGs, with the exception of self-contained versions, are loaded from the muzzle.[1]

Note the part where it says "anti-tank weapon" :P

Long story short, imho not really a problem.

--

Progress on 2.1.0

I've managed to fix a few bugs (including vehicles not properly saving and Hero AI engaging their own para troops) tonight, but it won't be until tomorrow that the next (and probably last) BETA 2.1.0 version will come out. Right now there still is an issue that sometimes new missions stop spawning even though they should not and there are no errors in the RPT. Which usually means something isn't up to speed code-wise and we made a mistake somewhere.

Furthermore I've played around a bit with stuff like AI behaviour, way-point radius and minefield density but struggle to find the decent settings for it.

Hi. Thank you for answer

You don't understand  :P  RPG troops do nothing. They haven't weapons, unless RPG. It's problem - no weapon, no shoot, easy target. You say 25%, i see 5-6 RPG-no weapon-target on easy missions, group with <15 members  :(

Thank you! Thank you for your work

P.S. Battlefield? No, it's ARMA, it's high-explosive charge. What are think for it? ;)

On my server I change the AI number and make then spawn in group(s)? of 1, I find it makes it a little harder. I havn't switched to the latest beta yet but I can imagine I am either going to get 0 RPG's or everyone with an RPG. Either way I'm going to have to change something my end.

However I have an idea, if I may. Excuse my terminology, plz.

In spawn_group.sqf add another "gun" "case" e.g.

case "RPG" : {_aiweapon = ai_wep_rpg;};

then call the AI in the mission file using:

_rndrpg     = 5;

for "_i" from 0 to _rndrpg do {

[[(_position select 0) + (random 20) - 10, (_position select 1) + (random 20) - 10, 0],1,"Medium","RPG",4,"Random","Hero","Random","Hero",_mission] call spawn_group;};

I looked into the method used for the dynamic loot boxes, an array within an array, Impressive. Keep up the good work guys.

im Getting this when the missions try to start Nvm found the issue.

15:59:29 "WAI: Starting mission ikea_convoy"
15:59:29 "WAI: Mission Convoy Started At [5131.41,8802.71]"
15:59:29 "WAI: Mission Convoy spawned a Ural_UN_EP1"
15:59:29 "WAI: Mission Convoy spawned a UralRefuel_TK_EP1_DZ"
15:59:29 "WAI: Mission convoy spawned a UAZ_Unarmed_TK_CIV_EP1"
15:59:30 Error in expression <s select 1, "ground"] call on_kill;}];

if (_mission) then {
_unit setVariable [>
15:59:30   Error position: <if (_mission) then {
_unit setVariable [>
15:59:30   Error if: Type String, expected Bool
15:59:30 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\compile\spawn_group.sqf, line 120
15:59:56 "CLEANUP: INITIALIZING CLEANUP SCRIPT"

i too am getting this error what did you find that caused this?

On my server I change the AI number and make then spawn in group(s)? of 1, I find it makes it a little harder. I havn't switched to the latest beta yet but I can imagine I am either going to get 0 RPG's or everyone with an RPG. Either way I'm going to have to change something my end.

However I have an idea, if I may. Excuse my terminology, plz.

In spawn_group.sqf add another "gun" "case" e.g.

case "RPG" : {_aiweapon = ai_wep_rpg;};

then call the AI in the mission file using:

_rndrpg     = 5;

for "_i" from 0 to _rndrpg do {

[[(_position select 0) + (random 20) - 10, (_position select 1) + (random 20) - 10, 0],1,"Medium","RPG",4,"Random","Hero","Random","Hero",_mission] call spawn_group;};

I looked into the method used for the dynamic loot boxes, an array within an array, Impressive. Keep up the good work guys.

You would get all RPG's lol.

I'll rewrite it the way I think it should be handled and see what f3cuk thinks, it seems to work well, they all have guns and shoot still, and they pull out the rocket launcher if they need it

http://i.imgur.com/yg9UnW4.jpg this is what i mean and sometimes if the vehicle is outside the marker they will still all huddle by it

Sorry if I've missed the fix, but has this been addressed?  Possibly fixed in 2.1.0?  I'm still on 2.0.5 for my prod server and sometimes you only need to deal with mounted AI to get a crate because the rest run so far away and huddle around a vehicle.

It's really noticeable on bandit base missions because the groups try to follow the humvee patrol around.

Does it matter if you call it from server_monitor.sqf or server_functions.sqf?

it's best to load it after the functions are loaded in since it has checks for infiSTAR which is loaded in the server functions, you could put it inside the isServer section in your init just after _serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf"; if you wanted

Sorry if I've missed the fix, but has this been addressed?  Possibly fixed in 2.1.0?  I'm still on 2.0.5 for my prod server and sometimes you only need to deal with mounted AI to get a crate because the rest run so far away and huddle around a vehicle.

It's really noticeable on bandit base missions because the groups try to follow the humvee patrol around.

I'll check that one out right now and see if I can tweak them

Put this on my test server and it ran great.

Only two issues I've noticed so far:

1. The vehicles despawn no matter what. Even with you in the vehicle driving away it will despawn with the mission
  2. And a few times the static gunners would not shoot at me.

Keep it up guys! Cant wait to use this on a live server!

Put this on my test server and it ran great.

Only two issues I've noticed so far:

1. The vehicles despawn no matter what. Even with you in the vehicle driving away it will despawn with the mission
  2. And a few times the static gunners would not shoot at me.

Keep it up guys! Cant wait to use this on a live server!

I'm quite confident these have been address already, just waiting for the beta update, thanks for reporting it

Get this when mission starts : 

6:14:25 Error in expression <m 1 to _unitnumber do {

call {
if(_gun == 0) exitWith { _aiweapon = ai_wep_assa>
 6:14:25   Error position: <== 0) exitWith { _aiweapon = ai_wep_assa>
 6:14:25   Error Generic error in expression
 6:14:25 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\compile\spawn_group.sqf, line 65

Makes marker etc but no ai

+1

1:22:04 Error in expression <m 1 to _unitnumber do {

call {
if(_gun == 0) exitWith { _aiweapon = ai_wep_a>