Is it possible to create these scripts?

TwoBeer1290

Question

Hey

I am looking for someone to perhaps see if its possible to make these add-ons for my Epoch server. If it seems possible and not too complex, I am willing to pay to the creator? 

1) Hero Missions - the exact opposite of current bandit missions. Everything is the opposite, this is aimed to allow to give bandit players missions to do to lower their humanity and gain loot like normal players can do.

-Currently I dont know if this is already made : )

2) Recycling - where players can use their ground vehicles (that have tow ability) to tow other vehicle wrecks (server spawned wrecks that are there for looks) to a sort of recycling centre, like a trader, and then sell them for scraps.

-I think this would make good use of something that currently is just annoying : )

3) Grow your Own - Currently there is a working hemp mod where you can harvest and smoke/sell. Is it possible to somehow create hemp 'seeds' to then plant them and in time it will grow into hemp that you can sell/smoke.

-I think this would be awesome, players would try to steal the harvest, up to you to protect your farm : )

4) Farm AI - Currently I do have the hemp farm script but its just a small bunch of plants. Is there a way to create a 4th hemp farm that is constantly in the same place (like traders) that has a much large quanity of hemp plants, also guarded by lots of AI with a few buildings, like the weed farms we see in movies.

-I'd love this, it would be a great challenge of teamwork and hugely rewarding.

5) Wanted Boards - Same as the death/murder board at traders, but slightly different. A way for admins to put information onto it acting as a wanted list for players, or if not, something atleast where admins can put information on the server in some way with ease. 

-Just an easy way for my admins to put quick easy information, if needed, at restarts, so other players can go on a man hunt : )

5) Roaming Hero AI - Just a group of 2-5 hero AI in ghillies, or hero clothes that walk around all over the map, maybe even in towns, that shoot all zombies and maybe players with -0 humanity (bandits). They do not shoot neutral or friendly players unless shot at first. 

-Just something cool that makes it feel a bit more realistic. 

So thats it really. I have no idea how to do stuff like this, and I truely know the skill and difficulty of creating scripts. If there is anyone that has an idea on how and would create these for me I would be so grateful.

Thanks so much for reading. 

Comment here or mail [email protected]

10 answers to this question

Hey

I am looking for someone to perhaps see if its possible to make these add-ons for my Epoch server. If it seems possible and not too complex, I am willing to pay to the creator? 

1) Hero Missions - the exact opposite of current bandit missions. Everything is the opposite, this is aimed to allow to give bandit players missions to do to lower their humanity and gain loot like normal players can do.

2) Recycling - where players can use their ground vehicles (that have tow ability) to tow other vehicle wrecks (server spawned wrecks that are there for looks) to a sort of recycling centre, like a trader, and then sell them for scraps.

-I think this would make good use of something that currently is just annoying : )

3) Grow your Own - Currently there is a working hemp mod where you can harvest and smoke/sell. Is it possible to somehow create hemp 'seeds' to then plant them and in time it will grow into hemp that you can sell/smoke.

-I think this would be awesome, players would try to steal the harvest, up to you to protect your farm : )

4) Farm AI - Currently I do have the hemp farm script but its just a small bunch of plants. Is there a way to create a 4th hemp farm that is constantly in the same place (like traders) that has a much large quanity of hemp plants, also guarded by lots of AI with a few buildings, like the weed farms we see in movies.

5) Wanted Boards - Same as the death/murder board at traders, but slightly different. A way for admins to put information onto it acting as a wanted list for players, or if not, something atleast where admins can put information on the server in some way with ease. 

-Just an easy way for my admins to put quick easy information, if needed, at restarts, so other players can go on a man hunt : )

5) Roaming Hero AI - Just a group of 2-5 hero AI in ghillies, or hero clothes that walk around all over the map, maybe even in towns, that shoot all zombies and maybe players with -0 humanity (bandits). They do not shoot neutral or friendly players unless shot at first. 

So thats it really. I have no idea how to do stuff like this, and I truely know the skill and difficulty of creating scripts. If there is anyone that has an idea on how and would create these for me I would be so grateful.

1 - maybe *shrugs* PM one of the mission system developers perhaps?

2 - If it is possible - seems like a lot of work - I.e how you would get the wrecks to tow and then recycle seems like it would take massive amounts of editing inside dayz_code.pbo/custom calls to the edited files in your mission/server pbo. I dont even know if you could accomplish it..... Tons of player_selfactions edits maybe and a bunch of other stuff *shrugs*

3 - I am not sure if anything technically "grows" - like the idea tho :)

4 - I have this on my server :D, AI RHIBS and Hueys guard that Buddha

5 - It can be done with some elbow grease. At least I can't think of a reason it couldn't be done *shrugs*

6 - SARGE? I use sarge as it really is the ONLY true roaming AI system IMO....The heroes walk around in solider outfits and shoust anyone with a humanity level lower than I set it in the config.

Senior members please correct me if I am wrong here. I mean im sure anything can be done or made to have a workaround if given enough time and effort. So when I say it might not be possible I mean you might be hard pressed to achieve these goals just for the fact it might take a ton of work *shrugs* I am still hella new when it comes to programming computer languages/modding/scripting etc... So what do I know :ph34r:

Hey

You could edit a DZMS mission file and acheive this i think though i have never tried to change the humanity of the AI 

Seems a bit like more trouble that its worth. if you think road debris is annoying just turn it off. if you want people to be able to farm scrap metal im sure theres a easier way. and you can already salvage normal broken vics maybe just remove debris and make more broken vics randomly spawn, 

theres already a script someone came up with on this forum, looks here http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15289-suggestionprototype-planting-system/?hl=farm#entry114126

Very easy to do. with say DZAI to place the static AI, then just build your "Farm" whereever you want using the Arma editor. in the hemp farm script thread in the tutorial they tell you how to place the Hemp Plants in the editor for a static farm. and you can find out how to install stuff from the editor into your mission.sqm on here, theres a bunch of guides around

Definately has to be out there, have seen it on servers, not sure how to find it tho, definately is out there for arma, a script is used similar to this for Wasteland and Life mods

Sarge AI can do this, DZAI can do this, im sure WAI and most ai scripts can do this

the number 2 is not started yet but it will be easy to add some custom trader and sell vehicle for scrap and other stuff just need to make a towing system for damaged vehicle

the number 3 is in a good way i think pretty much 40% , just got problem with taking seed from the plant that spawn (for example pumpkin) the object that is spawned by player is static...

the number 2 is in a good way i think pretty much 40% , just got problem with taking seed from the plant that spawn (for example pumpkin) the object that is spawned by player is static...

euh number 2 is the towing debris to sell parts.