DayZ Overpoch Lingor - Trader Cities

js2k6

Hi, Recently I created a Lingor 1.5 overpoch server

And the first thing I noticed was that I really hated the layout of having the traders scattered around the place. 

An individual trader here, another one over there. 

A vehicle trader taking over the race track.

So I created a trader city, and my clanmate Smooose created a seperate trader city

these both use many of the existing traders, plus I have an additional overwatch weapons trader which has been added in.

I will include a few files which will need to be placed in your server pbo

here are some screenshots in the spoiler tag

msFqPAC.jpg

KWyqTFt.jpg

ZBFTpCX.jpg

http://pastebin.com/gHXCa9wn  < -- calamarTrader.sqf

http://pastebin.com/cABgLcX2 <-- corazonTrader.sqf

to install these, add a folder called map to your server.pbo

add the following to the bottom of your server_functions.sqf (located in the init folder of your server.pbo)

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map\calamarTrader.sqf"; // calamar trader city
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map\corazonTrader.sqf"; // corazon trader city

http://pastebin.com/tLbVS3Le <-- edited mission.sqf 

if you want to remove many of the existing traders from lingor and replace them with our trader cities,  copy the above mission.sqf

and overwrite your existing mission.sqf (located in the server.pbo in the \missions\DayZ_Epoch_7.Lingor\ folder)

/* EDIT 

http://pastebin.com/V7s1sxU8 <-- edited mission.sqm (from mission.pbo) *edit - original file contained a marker for an unreleased overwatch trader - use this updated version instead*

*/

the above file will update the map markers for the trader cities and adds sensors to say "you are now entering trader city corazon" etc

this uses canbuild, so it will work with AGN safezones. *note my airfields are not protected by safezones* 

also note, as my server is running overpoch. the addons section is full of overwatch parts. 

extras 

if you want to use my overwatch trader 

you will need to make a few edits

the following edits go into server_traders.sqf in your mission.pbo

copy this section of code, and overwrite your existing section

serverTraders = ["RU_Worker1","Dr_Annie_Baker_EP1","CIV_EuroWoman01_EP1","Citizen2_EP1","ibr_lingorman2s","Worker2","TK_CIV_Woman03_EP1","ibr_lingorman3s","ibr_lingorman5s","ibr_lingorman4","ibr_lingorman2","Worker1","RU_Madam3","Pilot","CIV_EuroMan02_EP1","CIV_EuroMan01_EP1","ibr_lingorman7s","Damsel3","Rocker4","Worker4","ibr_lingorman7","ibr_lingorman5","Citizen3_EP1","ibr_lingorman6","ibr_lingorman6s","TK_CIV_Woman02_EP1","Pilot_EP1","TK_CIV_Worker01_EP1","RU_Doctor","Functionary1","TK_CIV_Takistani04_EP1","UN_CDF_Soldier_Guard_EP1"];

next, add this to the bottom of your file

// overwatch trader
menu_UN_CDF_Soldier_Guard_EP1 = [
	[["Pistols",1000],["ACRs",1100],["H&K Assault Rifles", 1101],["Magpul ACRs",1102],["Tarvors",1103],["Opfor Assault Rifles",1104],["Marksman Rifles",1002],["SMGs",1003],["Heavy Machine Guns",1004],["Assorted Ammunition",1005]],
	[],
	"neutral"
];

finally, if you need some SQL inserts so you can use my trader tid's, 

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Cbb6yHAN

copy and paste that, and run that sql insert. 

of course, please back up your database before running this, because if anything goes wrong, I wont take responsibility for any damage that can occur to your hive.

enjoy :)

oh nice, such timing dude, i was gonna do all the work because didnt like the traders too.

Going to try iy yours.

did u edit mission.sqm too ? for markers and safezone ?

yeah, i may have edited it after you posted that. 

but i added it to the post. 

easy enough to fix with notepad++ and find and replace. 

find: Land_HBarrier5_DZ

replace with: Base_WarfareBBarrier5x 

for instance. i'll have to make sure that the classnames dont move at all. 

I'll have a look into it tonight, and edit post where necessary. thanks for letting me know

*EDIT* 

I replaced all the classnames. and of course they all went the wrong way around :(

Smoose said he'll have another go at making it this weekend using the correct classname. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the safezones triggers are on your mission.sqm inside you mpmission map files

search for "class sensors"

class Sensors
{
items=6;      //Total number of sensors, Remember it starts with zero
class Item0   // sensor starts 0 then 1,2 and so on
{
position[]={x,z,y}; //positon of the sensor, location from the editor u get x,y,z, remmber to change positions
activationBy="WEST";
repeating=1;
interruptable=1;
age="UNKNOWN";
name="TraderCityName"; //make a name for the trade city i think its got to be unique
expCond="(player distance TraderCityName) < 50;"; //name got to match  name above and 50 is the radius size of ur safezone
expActiv="[""trader city Friendly"",true,""enter""] spawn player_traderCity;"; //message when entering
expDesactiv="[""trader city Friendly"",true,""leave""] spawn player_traderCity;";  //message when leaving
class Effects
{
};

so if u wanna take out the safezone for a trade city just delete the right sensor and remember to change the value for the total sensors number

• 3 weeks later...

love the citys but noticed all my other traders are gone like awols and the boat dealers and wholesalers. hero and bandit traders as well.is there an updated mission.sqf

im using this but have also tinkered it a bit and even added a trader up north west, just message me if you want the files