WANTED TO HIRE DAYZ OVERPOCH SCRIPTER

declancadman

Question

Hi me and my friend rented a dayz overpoch server from gaming deluxe and we need someone with experience to come script for us we know some basic scripts but thats about it. so we need someone with experience

The scrpts we would like is

custom DayZ Missions 

Helicopter Fast Roping

Cannibalism

Wardrobe

Custom Death Screen Image

Camera Pan Start

Flip Vehicle

Headshot Suicide

House Lighting / Street Lights

Random Clothing Parcels

Refuel Script

Towing / Heli Lift

Bloodbag Self

Custom Debug Monitor

Custom Loot Tables

Remove Parts from Vehicles

Tent: Sleep Healing

Epoch Repair Refuel Rearm

Epoch Base Elevator Script

Epoch Infected Camps

Take Clothing

JAEM - Just Another Evac-Chopper Mod

Plot Protection

Keeps zombies out of the base perimeter

Fast Trading

Slow Zombies

New Player HUD

Snap Building Pro

As you can see that's quite a lot of work to be done that's why we need someone who knows what there doing if interested message and we can talk about prices  

Thanks in advance 

Declan Cadman

6 answers to this question

I would suggest you start with the absolute must-have items first, and then one by one move down the line of priority.

Once you find a friendly soul to do what you want, then you can simply have that person jump in and continue down the line of priority.

Seems like everyone is against Advertising for small Donations for scripting, a person with years of exp to help setup your server that takes hours on end every update and so on.

yet at the same time they dont like you making posts to 'hire scripters'.

like if someone works on your server and it takes them 8 hours to add everything in your list wanted.

They could be at a job instead earning $25 - $35 an hour

lets say at work they get an even $30 an hour total $240 for 8 hrs work in the real world

Yet people expect other people to do all this for free....

Clearly people advertise because they either dont have time cos they work everyday or dont want to learn years of coding to get their server running sweet

but hey people are against advertising this kind of service

This person clearly states he wants to hire someone to do the work i read the comments and everyone say do it yourself dd you guys that commented read his post ???

I am sure if he wanted to do it himself he would they dont need to come to a forum and be told!!!

Maybe someone that is so against taking donations for hours of work can set their server up for free instead of commenting (Love too see/hear that) and then do it all again after next update so they dont have to re-post

or better yet Teach this guy how to script my 2 cents worth anyway

(and yes i have advertised to help setup servers for a small donation but do not think i will anymore as too many people are against this service)

all i got was the same b/s comments on my post FTW people can do it them self 

Like i need an operation next month on my knee maybe i should learn surgery and perform that operation in my bathroom with a mirror lol

Dansoe - if framed in a good way, a question for help will be met with assistance most of time here. Getting a list of scripts in a long list, where some of it is so basic that it is now a standard part of epoch itself is usually less inviting. 

I have broken many a servers in my time learning what I know about Epoch. Each time I break it, I learn something new - and while it is not ideal to learn that way one a production server with players on it, it is the best way to absorb new info - it makes you stronger and less prone to panic when met with issues. 

Now, I am hoping he have gotten a friendly soul to help him out - I am not saying he should not look. What I am saying is that while he waits, he might as well get the basic stuff in. 

I work full time, and I get home and I do support and scripting for servers and people I help out. I like teaching what I know (be it right or wrong) - but I cant help everyone. 

What everyone here keeps saying to people (in some cases less polite) is that if you pay for a server, why not learn something too? Updates are always plenty, and hired people are not always around. 

I have no problem setting up a server for free from someone. I have a problem doing it when the person has expectations that are not going to be met, as I am not the kind of person to stick 40 scripts into a server and leaving it to choke.