mining scrap metal

axeman

I would like more ways to get scrap metal. Maybe a method of mining mountain rocks for ore and crafting that into scrap metal ? Fire or even a kiln required..

It would allow for base building without having to go into town to find / deconstruct metal parts.

Have just started on base building but is my first thought. I may be missing a trick here.

Was sorely tempted to take an Axe to our lorry, that we use as as a store for all the buildables, just to get metal. Think I broke a tyre..

The woodwork is fantastic, in that wood can be gained from the environment, naturally metal can be too.

would this be a step too far in allowing massive base building 'off the land', obviously the incentive to visit the cities/towns is still there for health and goodie collecting reasons..

I agree, scrap metal is so essential for building almost everything, but it's so difficult to find. I ran through every industrial spawn in Cherno and found only a single scrap metal.

Either make a way to gather it from mines or increase it's spawn chance in the loot table.

I agree, scrap metal is so essential for building almost everything, but it's so difficult to find. I ran through every industrial spawn in Cherno and found only a single scrap metal.

Either make a way to gather it from mines or increase it's spawn chance in the loot table.

It's not really THAT bad - you can convert engines into 2 scrap metal, and fuel tank parts into 1 scrap metal, and if you have a toolbox and crowbar you can remove debrief (broken cars mostly) from the roads, which will give you a random vehicle part.

Still, it would be nice to be able to do this, but in that case it should be like the rocks in Origins - 1-3 places or so around the map where you can go to mine it, which will make it possible, but which will also put you at risk. It shouldn't be too easy to get materials or there will be too much buildings popping up.

Have been doing just that, deconstructing the wrecks is a good source and there seems to be quite a few of them..

Am thinking from a lone builders aspect, is ok when there is more than one of you as one can go scavange while the other builds, then swap over.

Thanks for the feedback..

I have not gotten the wreck removal to work, is it a script or is it defualt? But a way to gather ore(iron) to smelt it and create scrap metal and other parts would be an awesome addition, scrap metal is used in alot of crafting so you need alot when building a sizable base.