File dayz_server.pbo not signed by acceptable key to play on this server

tmarshald

Question

I need some help with getting my epoch server running. I have already fixed several errors but now I am receiving the following error message. "File dayz_server.pbo is not signed by an acceptable key to play on this server, remove listed files or install additional acceptable keys."

I have already downloaded the server files again and replaced them, however I am still receiving the error message. Would someone help me to either fix the error or point me in the right direction to get an acceptable key so I can get my server running?

9 answers to this question

Yes I have the dayz_epoch1051.bikey is in the server keys folder (however the bikey that is in the folder was obtained from the client files which I read something in the readme file that said to use it for server since no server bikey was made). Yes I am using only the epoch mod and all other map keys are in the keys folder too. I started out with only the one map that I was going to use with the key in the server keys folder but received several error messages and then added them back along with the files associated with the maps. After the addition of the files and bikeys all other messages no longer appeared but the epoch_server.pbo key message is the only one I am receiving.

The only dayz_epoch.bikey that is in the keys folder in the 1051. Could it be that I need the earlier dayz_epoch1042.bikey in the folder too? I removed that bikey after receiving the messages saying the server was not running the same update as my client files. That took care of the both client and server running the same version.

You need the Epoch 1051 bikey supplied, the older version's bikey will just give errors. Are you running any other mods simultaneously? When you start the game check that the only DayZ mods you have active is Epoch.

Your server version must have the same version of the bikey and the key is supplied with the server files...

There are ways to get around it by disabling required signatures but that leaves your server vulnerable to people with modded files (no grass, trees etc)

I am not sure then, I am pretty stumped. It should literally just be a case of:

The key signs off against your epoch client files so make sure you have the latest client files from here:

http://epochmod.com/a2dayzepoch.php

Then make sure that you get the bikeys from the server files also available at the link above and put them in your keys folder. Make sure that you are not crossing over old and new versions of epoch server files.

You can also get them directly off of Awol's github: https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/tree/Release_1.0.5.1/Server%20Files/Keys (the server bikeys)

If all of that fails go into your instance folder and disable verify signatures check (set to 1 or 0) and that should fix the problem but will leave your server vulnerable to people who use modified client files. (on a test server it will at least allow you to continue testing your work).

Thank you for your response and your help, I greatly appreciate it.

It only happens to certain people. I've noticed that my friend and I have re-installed DayZCommander and re-installed the game via Steam, again and we are having no issues now connecting to it. However, two things, some of our other players cannot connect and I cannot get it to register on DayzCommander: Here is my config.cfg

steamport=2300;
steamqueryport=2301;
hostName = "HOSTNAME :)";
password = "";
passwordAdmin = "************";
maxPlayers = 50;
logFile = "server_log.txt";
voteThreshold = 2;
voteMissionPlayers = 3;
reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";
timeStampFormat = "short";
motd[] = {"DayZ Epoch","Have fun!"};