build on road

blad00x

Question

11 answers to this question

I too would like to disable this, at least on dirt roads.  Many fenced in areas have a dirt road running into them and this eliminates a player from making that area his or her base.  I feel that this should be allowed, as a survivor in a zombie apocalypse you would be able to and it would be wise to use as much existing walls as possible when building your stronghold.  

running 1.0.3 on panthera and chernarus

This is a interesting subject. I'm sure if you are the owner of the server you can just add them through the database. But building it within game is something Epoch is trying to stop players from doing due to trolling and causing issues with users setting traps on roads and not removing them. I doubt the makers want to disclose how to disable this from a players perspective. But if you own the server, I'm sure you could make something work through the database.

jep, i am not helping because the devs dont want it ... so dont get it out there ;)

Devs don't want it officially, though they do agree it to be an option available to server owners.

in 1.0.4

[ADDED] Global variable to allow building on roads, enabled via mission file. DZE_BuildOnRoads = true will allow building on roads. Default is false. @dayz10k

You can however add this to your server now using this guide (not my work)

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4791-can-you-remove-feature-please/