New Server, Need help :)

Hey guys,

I am having a LOT of trouble with learning how to add mods to my new DayZ Epoch server. I am having issues with opening the mission and server.pbo files (I have downloaded practically every .pbo opening tool I can find and they all wont work saying they are missing all these different files on my computer). I did have the mission.pbo open last night, but after a shocking many disaster failed attempts to edit the files to add mods I decided to delete all downloaded stuff and start fresh this morning, but now for some reason it keeps saying "It seems that it isn't A ArmA 2 pbo" and I can not open any of them.

I am currently running windows 7 -  64 bit.

I have PBOView downloaded and ExtractPbo which keeps giving me the error message of not being able to start due to missing .dll files... I went to that page... where there is heaps of .dll files, and have been clicking them and downloading them but everytime I download 1 it wants the ExtractPbo wants me to download more!!! I tried to use CPBO last night and it was a complete failure for me and I tried Elietness and I couldnt even start it. I am starting to think I repel technology! Or maybe it is because I am female and it hates me lol. Either way, I am in desperate need for assistance. I would love to access admin tools in game, I want to add mods like make bike from toolbox, custom spawns ect. Please help <3

Thanks,

BrokenNail

Wow ok it unpacked the files and I am able to access the  files within the PBO Manager, I just don't know what to do with them now, can I leave them in the manager to edit them or do they need to be moved to be edited? Also I don't se an option to "re-pack" them so they can be re uploaded to the DayZst server?

Once unpacked you have access to all the files inside, you edit them with any text editor, personally i'd use Notepad++ and it's free.

To pack you just right click on the extracted folder once you've done your edits, then you'll see an option with PBO Manager and you can pack it into .pbo or .ifa , choose .pbo always.

Just make sure to backup all files before you edit them, mistakes happen so it's always sensible to have the option to revert back, good luck :)

P.S - Dayz.st suck badly :p sorry but i'd find a better host before you have a player base, read the forums and you'll see nobody rates them

Yeah, kinda stuck with Day.st for the next month now. So I guess I am just after some info on how to get it modded and running :) I have had a couple people message me privately offering to do my server "for a small fee" not sure if this should be trusted?

GTXgaming are really good for Dayz servers free antihax with ever server rental but i would still buy your own copy.

because GTXgaming tried to release 1 click mod install for over 30 mods but seem to not be able to make it happen

my default epoch files i download already have a custom compiles.sqf a custom fn_selfActions.sqf a custom ui_selectSlot.sqf and a custom variables.sqf

setup not that i needed them predone but for others that are just starting out that is really good i guess saves you time guessing if your doing the first few steps to install many mods correctly.

Yeah, kinda stuck with Day.st for the next month now. So I guess I am just after some info on how to get it modded and running :) I have had a couple people message me privately offering to do my server "for a small fee" not sure if this should be trusted?

I see the buzzards are already circling, tell them to piss off :D

I'll help you for FREE, nothing in return but a thanks and so will the vast majority of members here :)

Changing hosts can be done later, Dayz.st are cheap so use these as a test, we'll cross the new host bridge later, any changes done now can be used with any host, your database contains the important info with clients humanity and inventory etc

It's also better for you to do the scripts yourself, you'll see and understand the code when you do edits, this will help you better understand how the mod works and make you a better admin.

Let's start with something nice and easy, make a custom load screen :) get an image and i'll show you how to use it so people can see it when loading in.

Your image must be one of the following resolutions :

512x256

1024x512

2048x1024 (Best quality)

Ok so find your description.ext and look for the following line :

loadScreen = "\z\addons\dayz_code\gui\dayz_logo_ca.paa";

Change to (remember to change new-load-screen to your image file name)

loadScreen = "new-load-screen.jpg";

Put the image in the same directory as the description.ext

Re-pack the .pbo and replace it on your server, restart and join, you should see it :)

SUCCESS!!!!! My first ever mini mod!! haha Whats next! I am hungry for more :D

Now doesn't that feel good :d

What's next is up to you, it's what makes your server unique, you have to decide.

First make a copy of the working file with your image, I usually have a folder called '1 step back' so if the next script breaks it all you have a backup before it broke, saves starting it all over again.

What about ? looks awesome to players on the ground.

Yep that is there, might just be a bit glitchy server side maybe?

All good, I will work on it again, maybe do a delete all files and re-do it fresh. 

But anyway, how do I go about getting a few of the other mods like BB and tow/lift to go with that aswell?  :)