[Release] Build Vectors - Rotate objects in Dayz Epoch (v2.34 P4L & non-P4L)

striker

I write it again: ok, finally we have now restored  the plot4life 2.35 working with snap build pro 1.4.1 together with doormanagement 3.0

your answer is completetly useless and nonesense

Well now you're not getting anymore help from me ever again. 

My answer, answered all of your questions. Lets slow it down for you, maybe you should lay off the weed a little bit so you can grasp simple concepts.

you asked

is this build vector 4 compatible to ap4l 2.5?  should we update to 2.5 first? or is the 2.35 quite enough?

the instructions clearly say

"If you have not installed Rimblock's A Plot for Life v2.34, do so now (ignore the server_monitor.sqf file as I will cover it)."

So what version should you install? Hmmm I wonder. Maybe 2.34? Maybe you could read through all the forums and find if someone has updated theirs to a newer version?

you asked

when we install this build vector, should we begin with the legacy install of version 3, or can we go directly to the 4 version?

I answered

you would install the files meant to be used with plot 4 life, and you would skip the installation of the snap build pro since you already have that installed.

Instead of asking people in here a million questions about what works with what, why dont you go install it and try it?  If after you've tried and failed a few times, come back and ask questions. But don't sit here and demand questions because you're too lazy to test, and then be completely rude about it when people don't give you "simple answers."

@dangeruss

first of all, i am not taking any weed as you mentioned!

i only like the movies and the actors, cause i am from the 80s!

and then dude, i am also german and i have to translate it in my head first. sometimes i dont get it all.

then we working now on this plot/vector/ etc..pp  stuff over 7 days / 8hrs per day.

it ended up that we have to restore an older version.

i am not an scripter / coder pro as you dangerruss, so i dont understand sometimes that scripting thing. but i have other skills you will never get...

i am just a noob who tries to understand the whole thing!

As u can see in my post #596 i told that we have currently installed plot4life 2.35 working with snap build pro 1.4.1 together with doormanagement 3.0

you wrote: If you click the install directions, literally the very first thing you read

"If you have not installed Rimblock's A Plot for Life v2.34, do so now (ignore the server_monitor.sqf file as I will cover it)."

you just trying to confuse me more with that answer.

a simple answer like, no, stay on your 2.35 or downgrade to 2.34 would be clear and enough!

and what we have to do now with that build vector i also didt got it. i simply dont understand what you saying.

maybe my english is not so professional as yours.

a simple answer would be: yes, you have to install version 3, after that go to 4.

or:

no, you just can go directly over to install version 4.

i just found that under Step 1:

Download the following files from this link (Without Admin Build and Plot 4 Life): http://bitly.com/BuildVectorsV3

what it means?  does it mean with plot 4 life, or without plot 4 life???

thanks

Actually I can't code or script at all for the most part. If you look at the majority of my posts, Im asking for help. I have gotten my servers to where they are by asking the right questions and learning what I can with what time I have, plus a lot of trial and error.

I realize English isn't your first language, and that's fine. I have had no problems helping you in the past.  If you recall I tried to help you a lot in this thread. And probably others too.

The turning point in this conversation is when you insulted me, and were quite rude when I was just trying to help.

your answer is completetly useless and nonesense

There was really no reason for that. It's not my fault that you have trouble understanding English and can't comprehend the answers given to you.
Had you simply explained to me you were having trouble understanding me, I would have tried to reword it or explain it to you differently.

And you were also rude to Schwede for no reason. English isn't Schwede's first language either, and he's one of the few guys in this community that is willing to help people who are struggling with scripts.

simple questions, expecting simply answers ;-)

That makes you sound like a complete asshole. So with that being said, good luck.

@dangeruss

thanks again for calling me an asshole, nice language u learned.

and you talking now in the name of SchwEde? Are you his Secretary?

Wow...

if it sounds like rude what i had typed to SchwEde,

dann möchte ich mich mal dafür beim SchwEde dafür entschuldigen. War vielleicht falsch ausgedrückt, und ich hatte halt ne andere Antwort erwartet. Was ich erwartet habe, hatte ich bereits hier drüber schon 2x geschrieben.

Bei dir entschuldige ich mich mal garned, erst betitelste mich als Kiffer und dann noch als Arschloch, wunderbar vielen Dank, Du mich auch mal!

I didn't feel like I was offended by anyone, so no apologies needed ;)

You guys shouldn't fight. Its not worth it and getting you nowhere :)

maybe both of you have a point here but just drop it and get along, neither of you has to waste your time with nonsense lie this.

all of us here just want go get help with our problems and not get more with other users ;)

back to business...

so what should i do now, should i install build vector 3, or 4?

kann mir mal bitte einer sagen was hier gemeint wird?

you would install the files meant to be used with plot 4 life, and you would skip the installation of the snap build pro since you already have that installed.

have just gotten an mail from RimBlock 

Unfortunately looking at build vectors, it has not been updated for A Plot for Life v2.4+  If you want to use build vectors and are not so conficdent in troubleshooting the sqf code yourself then probably better to stick with A Plot fo Life v2.34 (if already installed) or v2.35.

which version should we use now, 3 or 4?

thanks

@dangeruss

thanks again for calling me an asshole, nice language u learned.

and you talking now in the name of SchwEde? Are you his Secretary?

Wow...

if it sounds like rude what i had typed to SchwEde,

dann möchte ich mich mal dafür beim SchwEde dafür entschuldigen. War vielleicht falsch ausgedrückt, und ich hatte halt ne andere Antwort erwartet. Was ich erwartet habe, hatte ich bereits hier drüber schon 2x geschrieben.

Bei dir entschuldige ich mich mal garned, erst betitelste mich als Kiffer und dann noch als Arschloch, wunderbar vielen Dank, Du mich auch mal!

I said what you said made you sound like an asshole, not that you are an asshole. I wasn't speaking for Schwede, but I was offended by the way you were talking in general, not just to me. Im not arguing or fighting, just letting you know you're not getting help from me anymore and wishing you good luck on your server.

I didn't feel like I was offended by anyone, so no apologies needed ;)

You guys shouldn't fight. Its not worth it and getting you nowhere :)

maybe both of you have a point here but just drop it and get along, neither of you has to waste your time with nonsense lie this.

all of us here just want go get help with our problems and not get more with other users ;)

Nah Im not fighting, just calling him out on his BS because I have zero tolerance for it.  Anyways, Im dropping it regardless.

Hi, i got kind of a Problem. I got P4L, Door Management, Vector and Snap Build installed and all is working fine, then i tried to install the claim vehicle thingi and that want's it's own Public Variable, because i got a custom publicEH.sqf. That's not the problem, but i noticed, that all server spawned vehicles are Locked, untill i unlock them. I think the "issue" is related to this, or in specific "dayz_objectUID2"

dayz_objectUID2 = 
{	
	private["_position","_dir","_key"];	

if((count _this) == 2) then{		

_dir = _this select 0;		
		_key = "";		
		_position = _this select 1;		

{			
			_x = _x * 10;			
			if ( _x < 0 ) then { _x = _x * -10 };			
			_key = _key + str(round(_x));		
		} count _position;		

_key = _key + str(round(_dir));	
	}else{		
		if((count _this) == 3) then{					
			if(typename (_this select 2) == "ARRAY")then{							
				_vector = _this select 2;							
				if(count _vector == 2)then{								
					if(((count (_vector select 0)) == 3) || ((count (_vector select 1)) == 3))then{										
						_key = "";										

{											
							_x = _x * 10;											
						} count _position;																				

_vecCnt = 0;										

{											
							_set = _x;											

{												
								_vecCnt = _vecCnt + (round (_x * 100))																						

} foreach _set;		

} foreach _vector;										

if(_vecCnt < 0)then{											
							_vecCnt = ((_vecCnt * -1) * 3);										
						};		

_key = _key + str(_vecCnt);				

}else{									
						_dir = _this select 0;									
						_key = "";									

{										
							_x = _x * 10;										
						} count _position;									

};							
				}else{								
					_dir = _this select 0;								
					_key = "";								

{									
						_x = _x * 10;									
					} count _position;								

};											
			}else{						

_dir = _this select 0;						
				_key = "";						
				{							
					_x = _x * 10;							
				} count _position;						

};		
		}else{			

if((count _this) == 4) then{					
				if(typename (_this select 3) == "ARRAY")then{						
					_vector = _this select 3;					
							_key = "";										
							{											
								_x = _x * 10;											
							} count _position;																				

_vecCnt = 0;										

{											
								_set = _x;											
								{												
								} foreach _set;																					
							} foreach _vector;										

if(_vecCnt < 0)then{											
							};										

}else{								

_dir = _this select 0;								
						_key = "";								

{									
							_x = _x * 10;									
						} count _position;				

};									
					}else{							

_dir = _this select 0;							
						_key = "";							

{								
							_x = _x * 10;								
						} count _position;							

};					
				}else{						

if(typename (_this select 2) == "ARRAY")then{							
						_vector = _this select 2;							

_key = "";											

{												
									_x = _x * 10;												
								} count _position;											

_vecCnt = 0;											

{												
									_set = _x;										
									{												
									} foreach _set;									

} foreach _vector;											
								if(_vecCnt < 0)then{								
								};		

}else{									
								_dir = _this select 0;									
								_key = "";								

{										
									_x = _x * 10;									
								} count _position;							

};							
						}else{								

_dir = _this select 0;								
							_key = "";								

{			
								_x = _x * 10;							
							} count _position;						

};		

}else{					
						_dir = _this select 0;							
						_key = "";						

{								
							_x = _x * 10;					
						} count _position;			

};			
				};	

}else{				

_dir = _this select 0;				
				_key = "";				

{					
					_x = _x * 10;			
				} count _position;		

};	
		};		
	};	
_key
};

Unfortionatly i can't see anything wrong with that. Even nowing, that the event scheduler in my Database is turned off, i started the unlock vehicles even manually, just to see if it makes any difference but it didn't. Anybody got any idea?

Hi, i got kind of a Problem. I got P4L, Door Management, Vector and Snap Build installed and all is working fine, then i tried to install the claim vehicle thingi and that want's it's own Public Variable, because i got a custom publicEH.sqf. That's not the problem, but i noticed, that all server spawned vehicles are Locked, untill i unlock them. I think the "issue" is related to this, or in specific "dayz_objectUID2"

Unfortionatly i can't see anything wrong with that. Even nowing, that the event scheduler in my Database is turned off, i started the unlock vehicles even manually, just to see if it makes any difference but it didn't. Anybody got any idea?

Never Mind this. It's not related to Vector Build, it's related to Paint Vehicles somehow (?).. But now i know what it is, i can sort it allone.

Never Mind this. It's not related to Vector Build, it's related to Paint Vehicles somehow (?).. But now i know what it is, i can sort it allone.

Can you make a post in the paint vehicles thread saying what your issue was and what you did to fix it? It might help other people that are experiencing the same issue. Cheers.

im redoing my server files, i havent noticed this before but i did now thought i would make sure.

in you install instructions in github u state

"If you have not installed Rimblock's A Plot for Life v2.34, do so now (ignore the server_monitor.sqf file as I will cover it)."

there are a few things missing  from your install instructions that are on  P4l 2.34 server_monitor.sqf

for instance..

priavete ["_ownerPUID"];

//and

// Realign characterID to OwnerPUID - need to force save though.

if (DZE_APlotforLife) then {
if (count _worldspace < 3) then
{
_worldspace set [count _worldspace, "0"];
}; 
_ownerPUID = _worldspace select 2;
} else {
_ownerPUID = _ownerID;
};

// diag_log format["Server_monitor: [ObjectID = %1]  [ClassID = %2] [_ownerPUID = %3]", _idKey, _type, _ownerPUID];

the _ownerPUID im pretty sure it needs to be there not sure about the if (DZE_APlotforLife) block

I dont have this problem. I see a lot of people in this thread complaining about something similar to this. I dont know what could be causing it other than some kind of conflict with another mod, or improper installation.

I use Plot Management but I chose the non-p4l install, should I have gone with the other option?

I use Plot Management but I chose the non-p4l install, should I have gone with the other option?

In my opinion no, I see a lot of people having problems with P4L and honestly plot management is the same thing.

Go over your installation with a fine tooth comb and make sure you didnt leave anything out. Also make sure you've installed the precise base building as it recommends. Make sure you back up your database and files before installing precise base building.

Aloha Everyone.
Im not quite sure if the problem im dealing with is caused by vectors but it tod not happened when we had no vectors installed, so its worth a try.
Problem concerns metal floors. It is impossible to drive a vehicle on them. As soon as i get wheels on metal floor car starts to jump.
Anyone had such a problem? 

Aloha Everyone.

Im not quite sure if the problem im dealing with is caused by vectors but it tod not happened when we had no vectors installed, so its worth a try.

Problem concerns metal floors. It is impossible to drive a vehicle on them. As soon as i get wheels on metal floor car starts to jump.

Anyone had such a problem? 

Where about is the Metal floor? Is it like a Roof on a Building or just laying down on the Ground or floating somewhere on a Hill or maybe above a wooden Floor? I've noticed, that Metal Floors don't like Wooden Floors, they want to be build at least a meter above wood floors.