[Release] Build Vectors - Rotate objects in Dayz Epoch (v2.34 P4L & non-P4L)

striker

Ok so I don't think it's my selfactions but I did a bit more digging and here's what I found. Like I said before only stuff upgraded will change back to default (on restart) so any idea where I should be looking with this info? or where I mite of screwed up?

////========== Message in HiveExt.Log ==========\\\\

When putting down an angled wall

2014-11-17 00:33:52 HiveExt: [Information] Method: 308 Params: 11:CinderWallHalf_DZ:0:1:[302.277008,[4168.839844,10760.481445,3.00143433],[[-0.845,0.534,0],[-0.534,-0.845,-4.371e-08]],76561198075694517]:[]:[]:0:4168810760530510:

When upgrading that wall ^

2014-11-17 00:34:31 HiveExt: [Information] Method: 308 Params: 11:CinderWall_DZ:0:1:[302.277008,[4168.839844,10760.481445,3.00143433],76561198075694517]:[]:[]:0:4168810760530302:
////========== Message in RPT ==========\\\\
When upgrading that wall

0:34:31 "DELETE: B 1-1-B:1 (THEbookie) REMOTE Deleted by UID: 4168810760530510"
0:34:31 "PUBLISH: B 1-1-B:1 (THEbookie) REMOTE upgraded CinderWall_DZ with ID "4168810760530302""
Precise Base Building

Snap Building PRO

A Plot for Life

Indestructible bases

Hi all, 

I am using the Build Vectors, Snap Build Pro 1.4.1, Admin Build and P4L version and am having players tell me that once they place a safe, they can unlock it without entering the combo (as you can normally do anyway as it's your safe). When you scroll to lock safe, the only options you get is gear, cargo check, secondary weapon, pack safe (in red) and lock safe. When you choose lock safe, your toon does the animation and the message says "You cannot lock this safe, you do not know the combination." Anyone else can come along, scroll on it and they get the option to re-enter the combination and lock/unlock the safe. 

Once the safe has been locked/unlocked by someone else, the owner of the safe is able to perform all functions themselves, until restart.

I have also noticed that whenever someone performs an action on the safe, the safe itself spins 1/4 of the way around then back to the front where it was placed. This is visible to everyone else looking at the safe EXCEPT the person that performed the action.

Any idea's?

I am using the latest infiSTAR and have the following installed : 

Build Vectors, Snap Build Pro 1.4.1, Admin Build and P4L

Pack, Lock and Move

Watermark

Nox's Action Menu

AGN Safezones

Lift Tow Logistics

DZMS

WAI

Zupa's Skin Script

I have tried disabling everything I can in inifSTAR, same problem. I have been through the install for this script (Vector Build with P4L, etc, etc) and it's perfect.

I am honestly at a loss. No errors in any logs. infiSTAR has log entries that tell me a safe was unlocked but nothing when the lock process was tried and failed. 

I have this DZE_BuildOnRoads in a file called epochconfig.sqf, it's not in the init.sqf. So where shuold a place this

DZE_noRotate = []; //Objects that cannot be rotated. Ex: DZE_noRotate = ["VaultStorageLocked"]
DZE_curPitch = 45; //Starting rotation angle. Only 1, 5, 45, or 90.

//Optional, only if you are using Admin Build
WG_adminBuild = ["","","",""]; //Fill with player UID's

line of code? 

I just installed the entire series of Snap Pro 1.4.1, Build vectors, and Mikeeeyy's Precise Base Build.  No plot4life or any other building addons.  We're running an Epoch Overwatch Origins server.

The only problem I have is that upgraded items flip back the "right" way if they were created rotated before upgrading.    My fn_SelfActions.sqf is identical to those posted (e.g., Strykers' in post 26 and again in post 38) except for a few lines for other unrelated scripts (MV22 animation, investigation, Origins bldgs).

Sp4rky mentions adding a code block into server_monitor.sqf but mine is already considerably different so that wouldn't be an easy merge and I'm not sure if that would fix the problem or not since he doesn't mention which issue it is intended to resolve.  So I haven't done that one yet.  Besides, it looks like that predates the most recent release.  I did merge mine with the most recent download.

The files I downloaded are after striker's post #140 that has all these fixes in it (I believe).

I only have one copy of player_upgrade.sqf running.

Any ideas where I should look?  Will posting any files help?

Thanks,

Bob

I am also having the flip problem. Is there no fix to this? I build a half wall, rotate it forward or to an angle, upgrade that half wall and everything appears fine. The full wall is in at an angle. 

But... on restart, the fully upgraded wall returns to normal. >_<  

This is the only thing preventing me from implementing to my servers. Sounds like this is also happening to many others.  Can anyone shed any light on this? 

My addons that may be affecting this:

-Plot Management

-Door Management

-Precise build

-No Plo4Life

-No admin build

Oh... found my problem.  :mellow:  Issue was in player_upgrade.sqf

PVDZE_obj_Swap = [_objectCharacterID,_object,[_dir,_location,_vector],_classname,_obj,player];

I forgot the:

_vector

Added this in and tested out successfully. So far so good. Thanks for the awesome script. 

Oh... found my problem.  :mellow:  Issue was in player_upgrade.sqf

PVDZE_obj_Swap = [_objectCharacterID,_object,[_dir,_location,_vector],_classname,_obj,player];

I forgot the:

_vector

Added this in and tested out successfully. So far so good. Thanks for the awesome script. 

I am also having the issue with upgrading and it flipping back to default angle

I'm using the V3 none plot for life files

Any other possible fix for the updrade flipping issue?

Was the bug addressed for the snap points being messed up after a restart?

Just tested this on CEN's ATD servers during multiple restarts.

I turned Metal floors into walls and then after the restart I went to snap another wall to the end and it would only snap it at a fixed angle.  Maybe like 25-30 degrees off.  No matter how i rotated it - it was off.

Is there a fix?

I'm having the exact issue. Everything works perfectly but after restart, the snap points are SLIGHTLY off. Did you ever get this fixed?

I have this DZE_BuildOnRoads in a file called epochconfig.sqf, it's not in the init.sqf. So where shuold a place this

DZE_noRotate = []; //Objects that cannot be rotated. Ex: DZE_noRotate = ["VaultStorageLocked"]

line of code? 

You can add them into the init or the epochconfig file, if you do it in the init i'd suggest adding it just under where the #include "epochconfig.sqf" is called, like this

#include "epochconfig.sqf"

I am also having the issue with upgrading and it flipping back to default angle

I'm using the V3 none plot for life files

Any other possible fix for the updrade flipping issue?

Only three things change in player_upgrade.sqf, they are as follows

Where it says

// Get direction
_dir = getDir _obj;

Add under it

// Get Vector
_vector = [(vectorDir _obj),(vectorUp _obj)];

Where it says

// Set direction
_object setDir _dir;

Add under it

// Set vector
_object setVectorDirAndUp _vector;

Change

PVDZE_obj_Swap = [_objectCharacterID,_object,[_dir,_location],_classname,_obj,player];

to

PVDZE_obj_Swap = [_objectCharacterID,_object,[_dir,_location, _vector],_classname,_obj,player];

That should fix any problem you are having. Make sure to use the player_upgrade.sqf that you have specified.  :)

striker

I'm having the exact issue. Everything works perfectly but after restart, the snap points are SLIGHTLY off. Did you ever get this fixed?

It might be fixed in the Version 4 update when it comes out because I have not noticed it doing that in my extensive testing, Ill be sure to double check.  ;)

striker

Only three things change in player_upgrade.sqf, they are as follows

Where it says

// Get direction
_dir = getDir _obj;

Add under it

// Get Vector
_vector = [(vectorDir _obj),(vectorUp _obj)];

Where it says

// Set direction
_object setDir _dir;

Add under it

// Set vector
_object setVectorDirAndUp _vector;

Change

PVDZE_obj_Swap = [_objectCharacterID,_object,[_dir,_location],_classname,_obj,player];

to

PVDZE_obj_Swap = [_objectCharacterID,_object,[_dir,_location, _vector],_classname,_obj,player];

That should fix any problem you are having. Make sure to use the player_upgrade.sqf that you have specified.  :)

striker

All that is in the player_upgrade.sqf as i've not touched any of the files just upoaded them to mission folder, changed the paths in my own compiles.sqf

I think it could be an issue with fn_selfActions.sqf as when i tried installing Deployables the repack option would not appear after adding it in, this has been taken out for now

Here is my mission folder please take a look

http://www.filedropper.com/dayzepoch11chernarus

Many Thanks